1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

2011 NFL Draft: Round 2, Pick 32, Overall 64 - Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky

Discussion in '2011 Draft Archive' started by Wood Chipper, Apr 29, 2011.

1. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    More about Cobb:
    Which NFL teams hit big on draft weekend? - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

• Like Like x 1
  2. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    Sounds like a perfect fit for the Packers.

3. The Real Pack Attack

The Real Pack Attack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    Absolutely love this pick! About time Packers get a legit return guy. Would think this pick means its adios to James Jones.

Huge upside. Possibly the Packers version on Percy Harvin?

4. Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead Brittany Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +181
  5. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I'm not one to like flashy picks, but I gotta admit, this one intrigues the hell out of me. I absolutely cannot wait to see this guy play. For those who think he's only gotta return kicks, watch out for the last half of the season, they'll work him in.

6. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    The more i think about this pick the more I like it. As always tt knows best. If he could turn out to be our Wes well then good luck stopping this o. We don't really meed him much as a vertical threat especially with Finley coming back but boy if he can be our Wes for the short game, watch out!

7. Giggs Legend

Giggs Legend Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Classy interview with Mr. Cobb. He should be a great fit in our locker room.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45xH3mqMLCc[/YOUTUBE]

8. BadgerDiscer

BadgerDiscer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Does this guy remind anyone else of Robert Brooks?

• Like Like x 1
  9. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Just a quick point about speed and so on. He's a former QB and understand how important it is to run routes correctly. He's fairly fast, he's obviously elusive after the catch. If you have speed doesnt' mean you have body control and elusive moves. Other guys have "quicks" but do you have speed AND moves and knowledge? Combine them all and I'm pretty excited about this pack.
    I think the Packers Darren Perry emphasized this after the picking of Morgan. He pointed out that if you knew where supposed to play and be it made you quicker "football quick" I think he said.
    I think this is what you can expect from Cobb, knows his job, knows the routes and knows how to move to get open and move YAC. I'm pretty darned excited now.
    It makes sense, that hesitation can cost you position on the defender or vice versa. Love the pick.

10. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    New packer cheer.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

11. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Tweener TT strikes gold and green again. I had hoped for Smith, but we can get another deep threat to stretch the field. Love this guys lateral movement. He's off to a great start, but needs to tighten his carry.