2010 NFL Draft - The Rest of the NFL

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sam Bradford drafted #1

MODERATOR NOTE (Jess): I effed up when merging these threads. Oops. Either way, talk about the non-NFC North parts of the Draft here!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Re: Sam Bradford going #1 Overall)

Looks like its going to be rough for Sam for a few years.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is with all the booing? Even during the hall of fame intros you can hear distinct booing.

Maybe they shouldnt let let Jets fans in the building.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just think of it as trying to go with Suh instead of booing.

Nope, all night long you could hear constant booing. It got really bad when the Patriots were on the board.

The NFL Network announcers were making comments about it at the end.

I dont understand why the have it in NY when the place gets filled up with **** holes like that.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tebow going to Denver was a pretty interesting pick, idk i wasnt really expecting him to go in the first round so that was semi-suprising. I am curious to see how he does in the NFL, his personality tells me that hes going to succeed.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Houston took Jackson who is a "Nick Saban Corner." He played in a pro style defense so I'm thinking they chose him because they believe he will have a smaller learning curve than Wilson.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My reaction, verbatim, when that pick came through:
"Who the **** is that?"

Pardon my french.

I had a similar reaction when Houston picked a corner that wasn't Kyle Wilson.

That is exactly what I said. Then when the Jets picked Kyle Wilson........I was like Revis and Wilson on the same team???? I also said......."Jess is pissed" lol

ehoepker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont understand why the Jets would take Wilson in the first? With Revis and Cromartie I feel like they would have had greater needs somewhere else. Guess Im just a little jealous. I was hoping we'd find a way to get him even after we pick Bulaga

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tebow going to Denver was a pretty interesting pick, idk i wasnt really expecting him to go in the first round so that was semi-suprising. I am curious to see how he does in the NFL, his personality tells me that hes going to succeed.

Broncos may have had the best draft ever, or the worst. Tebow is the biggest risk, but if he is successful watch out.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont understand why the Jets would take Wilson in the first? With Revis and Cromartie I feel like they would have had greater needs somewhere else. Guess Im just a little jealous. I was hoping we'd find a way to get him even after we pick Bulaga

I think New York's intention is to move Wilson to safety. They did trade Kerry Rhodes to the Cardinals so that leaves a void at the FS position. I think many teams passed up on Wilson due to his size issues as he may never be able to cover a reciever one on one. He will however play admirably if you place him in a deep zone and make a play.

Broncos may have had the best draft ever, or the worst. Tebow is the biggest risk, but if he is successful watch out.

I agree, both of the Broncos' picks were Boom or Bust. Demaryious Thomas is very inconsistent. He shows up one game but completely fails in another. We all know about Tebow's concerns but with a QB coach like McDaniels I wouldn't worry all too much. Tom Brady, Matt Cassel and Kyle Orton were all good under Mcdaniels' tutelage.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McDaniels & company is running that team into the ground as fast as they can. Trade franchise QB, check. Trade Franchise Receiver, check. Draft a player with the 25th pick that should have been taken in the 3rd or 4th round, check. Fill defensive needs with older players, check.

Hey lets see how fast we can turn this team into Oakland!

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas - I liked this pick. This was a need and if he is a diva they are more than able to deal with him.

Jacksonville - very confused about this. Reminds me of when Ted took Harrell

Detroit - I thought Berry would be the logical choice since they have such a terrible pass D in a division that is heavy on big arm passers. But he was the best player in the draft so I cant fault them on that.

Washington - I was surprised but not shocked.

Seattle - They made some big moves and could have the best draft if they pick up Clausen or Colt. They need a wr though and I think they might have a good selection with the 60th pick

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
no comments on the 49ers? They just got a solid half of a line.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McDaniels & company is running that team into the ground as fast as they can. Trade franchise QB, check. Trade Franchise Receiver, check. Draft a player with the 25th pick that should have been taken in the 3rd or 4th round, check. Fill defensive needs with older players, check.

Hey lets see how fast we can turn this team into Oakland!

I have to disagree completely with this. Mcdaniels is rebuilding the team to his preferences and we can't judge him after only 1 season. Plus doesn't his roster moves seem a tad bit familiar?

Tade franchise Qb (Brett Favre)
" " " " reciever (Javon Walker)
Franchise qb in the 25th pick (Aaron Rodgers)
Fill defensive needs with older players (Charles Woodson, Ryan Pickett, chillar)

TT was suspect to a lot of these moves and it worked out fine. Just give Mcdaniels some time.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to disagree completely with this. Mcdaniels is rebuilding the team to his preferences and we can't judge him after only 1 season. Plus doesn't his roster moves seem a tad bit familiar?

Tade franchise Qb (Brett Favre)
" " " " reciever (Javon Walker)
Franchise qb in the 25th pick (Aaron Rodgers)
Fill defensive needs with older players (Charles Woodson, Ryan Pickett, chillar)

TT was suspect to a lot of these moves and it worked out fine. Just give Mcdaniels some time.

Rodgers was a gift at 25th. Tebow was one of the biggest reaches in NFL history. And rodgers took time to learn the system. Ortons contract is almost up, and Tebow will get owned in the NFL.

I will give you the Brandon Marshall comparison, both difficult to deal with but have the talent.

Brian Dawkins was 35 last season, Woodson came to us at 29. Thats a huge difference. Pickett was 26 ( is that old?), and Chillar came in at 25.

Favre was traded, which he forced, with the knowledge that we had a pro bowl quality QB ready to step in and play, the Broncos didnt.

We cant judge him? This is the NFL!!! They hand out grades an hour after the draft for players that havent stepped on an NFL field, of course we can judge him after a year.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no comments on the 49ers? They just got a solid half of a line.

I just threw thought up on a few teams, I think the Iupati pick was better than the Davis pick and I like the fact that they addressed their O-line. I think they should win the division next season with the Rams in rebuilding mode, the Cards taking a step back at QB, and Seattle needing time to get better. I think the 49ers need to address the cornerback position in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I think they should go after Darren Shaper in free agency.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was a gift at 25th. Tebow was one of the biggest reaches in NFL history. And rodgers took time to learn the system. Ortons contract is almost up, and Tebow will get owned in the NFL.

I will give you the Brandon Marshall comparison, both difficult to deal with but have the talent.

Brian Dawkins was 35 last season, Woodson came to us at 29. Thats a huge difference. Pickett was 26 ( is that old?), and Chillar came in at 25.

Favre was traded, which he forced, with the knowledge that we had a pro bowl quality QB ready to step in and play, the Broncos didnt.

We cant judge him? This is the NFL!!! They hand out grades an hour after the draft for players that havent stepped on an NFL field, of course we can judge him after a year.
I completely agree with Ivo. IT's not the same deal. Favre was old. Cutler in his prime. Walker was asking for more money, wasn't in the same line as Marshall.

Rodgers wasn't the Packers' intention, he fell to us. He MOVED UP to pick Tebow, despite that probably nobody would've picked him before them...

You're right that, if he suceeds, he will have the merit. So far, he has had the same results as the other guy in there (start strong, finish out), but Shanahan actually had 2 rings.

He's doing moves like Bill Bellichick, without the rings and sucess to back it up.

I bet to a lot of his own players, he just looks like a punk. And that usually doesn't go well.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just threw thought up on a few teams, I think the Iupati pick was better than the Davis pick and I like the fact that they addressed their O-line. I think they should win the division next season with the Rams in rebuilding mode, the Cards taking a step back at QB, and Seattle needing time to get better. I think the 49ers need to address the cornerback position in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I think they should go after Darren Shaper in free agency.
If AZ had took Clausen, I'd bet on them. But without a competent QB, it's the 49ers division to lose.

But then again, with Alex Smith at the helm, I wouldn't bet my money on them...

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I completely agree with Ivo. IT's not the same deal. Favre was old. Cutler in his prime. Walker was asking for more money, wasn't in the same line as Marshall.

Rodgers wasn't the Packers' intention, he fell to us. He MOVED UP to pick Tebow, despite that probably nobody would've picked him before them...

You're right that, if he suceeds, he will have the merit. So far, he has had the same results as the other guy in there (start strong, finish out), but Shanahan actually had 2 rings.

He's doing moves like Bill Bellichick, without the rings and sucess to back it up.

I bet to a lot of his own players, he just looks like a punk. And that usually doesn't go well.

How long does he have do you think? Would a 3 win season and his team hating him get him fired? IMO short of a disaster he has one more season to improve, what do you think?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If AZ had took Clausen, I'd bet on them. But without a competent QB, it's the 49ers division to lose.

But then again, with Alex Smith at the helm, I wouldn't bet my money on them...

With mittens as backup lol

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How long does he have do you think? Would a 3 win season and his team hating him get him fired? IMO short of a disaster he has one more season to improve, what do you think?
I think his owner is backing him up...

I think this one is a safe season for him. He'll be the Broncos HC till 2011.

But at the end of 2011, or even before, he could be gone, if the results aren't there...

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt Tebow too much. The guy has the work ethic, desire, and physical gifts to learn how to run a Pro offense. He impressed the hell out of John Gruden and that isn't easy to do. I'm sure its going to be a rough road for him, but I think he will come out of it a quality quarterback. I'm not saying he is going to be a 9 time pro-bowler or anything, but I think he will do pretty well.