2010 NFL Draft - Queens, Kittens, and Cubs

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T. Jack has a lot of potential if you ask me. Yes I know he has some flaws and doesn't always make the right decisions but I thought that if given the right way to develop, he could become a franchise QB. T. Jack never had the luxury to sit down and really learn the system from a vet QB who had been playing there for years. Minnesota was a always a revolving door for QB's and none of them stayed long enough to actually pass down some of their wisdom. Luckily for T. Jack he was able to get some help from Favre and I would sure like to take on the challenge on a better, more improved T. Jack. That is... if Favre didn't teach him how to mess up games at the end of the season...
Favre never teached anyone jack.

Ask Rodgers, Hasselback, Warner, they'll all tell the same: "He was reserved." "We only talked during games, and not much".

Add to that Favre's unusual way to play, and there's nothing much they could learn from Favre, that a proper QB coach couldn't teach them.

Do you really think Favre ever approached AR to talk about his mechanics?

Having Favre on your team actually only hurts them, takes away snaps on the field and during practice...

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Given all the back foot throws, shovel passes, and other weird things I'm actually glad he never taught Rodgers anything. Brett made it work for him really well, but the way he plays the position is awful, mechanics-wise.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

Ask Rodgers, Hasselback, Warner, they'll all tell the same: "He was reserved." "We only talked during games, and not much".

Add to that Favre's unusual way to play, and there's nothing much they could learn from Favre, that a proper QB coach couldn't teach them.

Having Favre on your team actually only hurts them, takes away snaps on the field and during practice...
Considering that he won't be in training camp it only hurts during the regular season. Not sure how much they actually do during the season. One can learn by observing. Since all QB's are in the meetings every week things have to be discussed. Even if T. Jack learned one thing from a Vet, not just Brett it would help in the long run. And since Brett is a little older and says he likes Jackson, maybe he talks with him more. See, Jackson is no threat to Favres job and Favre knows it. Rodgers was always the "guy who's going to replace Brett".

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering that he won't be in training camp it only hurts during the regular season. Not sure how much they actually do during the season. One can learn by observing. Since all QB's are in the meetings every week things have to be discussed. Even if T. Jack learned one thing from a Vet, not just Brett it would help in the long run. And since Brett is a little older and says he likes Jackson, maybe he talks with him more. See, Jackson is no threat to Favres job and Favre knows it. Rodgers was always the "guy who's going to replace Brett".
Favre was young when Hasselback was with the team... He wasn't the guy who was replacing Brett...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given all the back foot throws, shovel passes, and other weird things I'm actually glad he never taught Rodgers anything. Brett made it work for him really well, but the way he plays the position is awful, mechanics-wise.
Rodgers' mechanincs were very corky when he came to the league.

That was actually one of the most important reasosn he wasn't taken 1 overal, or fell to us, for that matter.

MM and the staff did a wonderful job with him...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

In terms of mentoring by conversation and actually speaking with them, you're right Favre never did anything for them. But that's not what I was really talking about. Like Raptorman said, they all could have looked from the sideline and studied what Favre was doing by observation. Add to that the game tape that they watch every week during practice and it adds more to how much you can learn from watching Favre. Minnesota for the last couple of years never had that QB where T. Jack could instantly pop in the tape and start identifying what things that they're doing right. I'm not gauranteeing that T. Jack will now end up as one of the rising young QBs in the NFL, but just indicate that it's VERY POSSIBLE now that he has sat down and watched a true vet run that offense succesfully.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I agree on this one, Favre is a ****** mentor. BUT:
IF you look at A-rod before he was a starter, he wasnt known to hang onto the ball or be extremley accurate like he is now. If you look at A-Rod's game, he has almost the Opposite mentallity of Brett. While he can move around and throw the long ball like a young brett could, He isnt as wild, and doesnt even take 30% of the chances that favre was taking at his age. I think this is something that A-rod developed watching favre all the time, just throw the ball up and lose games hearing all the Boo's or cheers for the other team. If I was a developing QB I would probably be thinking about how I could still win games and not throw so many picks. Seems like A-rod has figured that out, So maybe brett did teach him something.

Members online

Latest posts