2010 NFL Draft - Queens, Kittens, and Cubs

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still afraid the Vikings take Clausen.

The Lions picked a monster player, and a RB that has the potential to be great. But for the second year in a row, they leave the draft probably without a LT, and their OL is terrible...

And the Bears, well, they ruined their franchise last season...

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still afraid the Vikings take Clausen.

The Lions picked a monster player, and a RB that has the potential to be great. But for the second year in a row, they leave the draft probably without a LT, and their OL is terrible...

And the Bears, well, they ruined their franchise last season...

Stole the words right out of my mouth... but who knows.. maybe Al Davis will become smarter overnight, and trade for the first pick of the second draft..and get Clausen. Doubtful.

Lions are a potential threat, yeah they're O-Line does suck...but it wasn't the greatest 12 years ago either. Their Secondary is still up the the air I believe, besides Delmas.

The Bears... still suck!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stole the words right out of my mouth... but who knows.. maybe Al Davis will become smarter overnight, and trade for the first pick of the second draft..and get Clausen. Doubtful.

Lions are a potential threat, yeah they're O-Line does suck...but it wasn't the greatest 12 years ago either. Their Secondary is still up the the air I believe, besides Delmas.

The Bears... still suck!
Yeah, it wasn't... But who did they have at RB? Arguably the greatest ever in Barry Sanders... As much as I like Best, it's not the case...

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it wasn't... But who did they have at RB? Arguably the greatest ever in Barry Sanders... As much as I like Best, it's not the case...

Yeah thats totally true, what i meant by it was a agile-speed running back. My bad.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As someone who watched ND games for the last 5 years...TRUST ME it's not a surprise that Clausen is still on the board. You're given EVERY advantage imaginable *Including being left back a grade to get bigger*, put in a PRO-STYLE offense, and you pretty much fall flat on your face? It wouldn't surprise me to either see A. Clausen get signed as an undrafted free-agent or B. Go to a crappy team like Buffalo in round 2 and end up out of the league in 3 years.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As someone who watched ND games for the last 5 years...TRUST ME it's not a surprise that Clausen is still on the board. You're given EVERY advantage imaginable *Including being left back a grade to get bigger*, put in a PRO-STYLE offense, and you pretty much fall flat on your face? It wouldn't surprise me to either see A. Clausen get signed as an undrafted free-agent or B. Go to a crappy team like Buffalo in round 2 and end up out of the league in 3 years.
Also as a ND fan I disagree vehemently...

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
As a Buffalo fan I would love to see Clausen fall to Buffalo in the second, or to see Buffalo move up to grab him in the second, because trust me, Clausen will be picked within the first 5 picks of the second round.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tthe queens have taken Chris Cook. I think he'll strufgle a bit, that pick doesn't really scare me.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me either. He is big, and ran a 4.45 40 or something like that but in film he was beat deep more than a few times. I don't think he has the quickness to play man coverage.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was really rooting for Toby Gerhart to do well in the NFL.................until the ******** picked him.

It's like when they picked Chad Greenway. I'm a huge Iowa Hawkeye fan and always want Iowa players to do well in the pros. I hate having to root against Greenway.

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the bears had one of the worst drafts. when are they going to learn that the nfl draft is where you build a team, not signing past their prime players in the offseason for millions of dollars (peppers, Taylor) i see the bears going 6 - 10 this year at best. as for the lions they are probably the most improved team in the division, which is not saying much because all the lions can do is go up. the vikqueens on the other hand missed out on Jimmy Clausen in the draft (which was a huge mistake on their part) they could have got a QB of the future but are to worried about pissing off their 41 year old QB who might not even come back. way to go queens.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I give the queens a D+, they didnt address their needs very well at all, still have no QB and they got gerheart LOL. Not really afraid of another running back with the way our Run Defense is going.( they needed a QB and just about everposistion on Defefnse, as well as their O-line is aging.

Cubs: D-, they got nobodies.

Kittens: B+ Suh n Best addresses two glaring needs and they will probably come right in and play day 1 so, the Lions are really the only other team in the NFC north that got good value.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I give the queens a D+, they didnt address their needs very well at all, still have no QB and they got gerheart LOL. Not really afraid of another running back with the way our Run Defense is going.( they needed a QB and just about everposistion on Defefnse, as well as their O-line is aging.

Kittens: B+ Suh n Best addresses two glaring needs and they will probably come right in and play day 1 so, the Lions are really the only other team in the NFC north that got good value.
I thought the kittens did really well, playmakers in Best and Suh, and solid guys in Spievy and Jason Fox...

I think if not this year, next season they're contending for the NFCN

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was really rooting for Toby Gerhart to do well in the NFL.................until the ******** picked him.

It's like when they picked Chad Greenway. I'm a huge Iowa Hawkeye fan and always want Iowa players to do well in the pros. I hate having to root against Greenway.

I feel the exact same way. I really liked Gerhart, was a big fan of his. Thought he should have won the Heisman. But now that the ViQueens picked him.....ewwwwwww! I just can't like the guy anymore. Damn ViQueens!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

I love this. Just for the hell of it. The average age on the Packer starting O-line at the end of last year compared to the average age of the Vikings O-line at the end of the year. Question, which member of the Packer O-line from the end of the year won't be starting this year to change the numbers?

Packer O-line. 29.2
Vikings O-line. 28.4

Now, who's O-line is aging?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love this. Just for the hell of it. The average age on the Packer starting O-line at the end of last year compared to the average age of the Vikings O-line at the end of the year. Question, which member of the Packer O-line from the end of the year won't be starting this year to change the numbers?

Packer O-line. 29.2
Vikings O-line. 28.4

Now, who's O-line is aging?
True. Your OL isn't aging. Birk was, and he was let go. Hutchingson is. And the only one I can remember. But an important one. Don't know who's his replacement...

Let me just say this: I was scared the **** out of me by the possibility of Clausen being a Viking.

You gotta agree with me, relying on a 41 year old Favre, Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels is pretty scary for your future.

And, since your team is very good (but not good enough to win the SB), you'll probably be picking in the late 20's again. Not a prime spot to pick a QB.

And even if you do, how long till he develops?

I didn't like Cook that much, he never showed on tape. So I don't know how you rate your draft, am very curious to see what you think about it, about not getting Clausen (or a QB)...

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Hutch it the oldest, yet he is younger than both Clifton and Tauscher.

As to the QB, I wish they would have drafted a QB. I didn't want Clausen. I was hoping they would get some one down the line who could be brought along for a few years. Now as to relying on Brett or Jackson, at this point it does not bother me. With Jackson not playing much last year and having the opportunity to see how Brett worked I hoped he is smart enough to have learned something. If Brett does not come back until after training camp, which is what I think, that gives Jackson and Rosenfels time to work with the team.

And as to how long does it take for the QB to develop? Depends on the QB.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hutch it the oldest, yet he is younger than both Clifton and Tauscher.

As to the QB, I wish they would have drafted a QB. I didn't want Clausen. I was hoping they would get some one down the line who could be brought along for a few years. Now as to relying on Brett or Jackson, at this point it does not bother me. With Jackson not playing much last year and having the opportunity to see how Brett worked I hoped he is smart enough to have learned something. If Brett does not come back until after training camp, which is what I think, that gives Jackson and Rosenfels time to work with the team.

And as to how long does it take for the QB to develop? Depends on the QB.
yes, he's younger. But we got Bulaga and Lang to fill in for them, when they go...

And do you thrust them? To be your QB?

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eh he played in one hell of a system, I'm not so sure he is one hell of an FS.

Look all the way back to when he played at St. Thomas Aquinas. The kid is a ball hawk and LOVES to lay the wood. Yes he did play in one hell of a system at UF but he started as a freshman and was the first freshman in UF history to get his rookie black stripe removed. Why? Oh because he did this regularly in practice.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4aMsabdo8Q]YouTube - Major Wright ****ing **** Up[/ame][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4aMsabdo8Q"][/ame]

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
yes, he's younger. But we got Bulaga and Lang to fill in for them, when they go...

And do you thrust them? To be your QB?
Actually, I do. I wish they never would have pulled T. Jack after the second game in 2008. I thought he should have been allowed to play. At least we would know for sure if he can do it. Now we just have a bunch of people who say he sucks and a bunch who think he can do it. I know its a moot point to most, but if you look at his numbers every 4 games since he came into the league they are continually getting better. And as Packer fans I would think you guys would love to see him start.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. :suicide2:

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I do. I wish they never would have pulled T. Jack after the second game in 2008. I thought he should have been allowed to play. At least we would know for sure if he can do it. Now we just have a bunch of people who say he sucks and a bunch who think he can do it. I know its a moot point to most, but if you look at his numbers every 4 games since he came into the league they are continually getting better. And as Packer fans I would think you guys would love to see him start.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. :suicide2:

T. Jack has a lot of potential if you ask me. Yes I know he has some flaws and doesn't always make the right decisions but I thought that if given the right way to develop, he could become a franchise QB. T. Jack never had the luxury to sit down and really learn the system from a vet QB who had been playing there for years. Minnesota was a always a revolving door for QB's and none of them stayed long enough to actually pass down some of their wisdom. Luckily for T. Jack he was able to get some help from Favre and I would sure like to take on the challenge on a better, more improved T. Jack. That is... if Favre didn't teach him how to mess up games at the end of the season...

Members online

Latest posts