1st Half impressions

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Good Pass Rush = Sacking the QB, not getting pressure

Good Pass blocking = Giving the QB time to stand in pocket and complete passes.

Good Run Blocking = 4-5 yrd AVG for RB's

The Offensive line must play much much better

We must generate a pass-rush from the front 4

Let's just start there.

I overestimated Troms knowledge, thanks for helpinghim out!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero I hate it when people say that. The preseason doesn't count in the standings,but it counts in so many ways. All you have to do is look at the way we tackle, catch the ball, defend the pass, block, run the ball and you have to know that of course all of this counts. The score doesn't count, what iws happening on the field counts a great deal

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
pack_in_black said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
DePack said:
[quote="tromadz":3pjm9bxo]yeah, 10 of that is from...turnovers ....

thats the defensive pass rushes fault though. wow.

I know you cant read...but...here...

trom are you THAT drunk? Forget the turnovers. 5 possessions 5 scores for the Bengals in the first half. What part of that DON'T you understand? My God man, we've gone at it before but even I'd like to see you stop embarassing yoursef. Credibility my man....credibility!

I said woodson\manuel looked bad, genius.

They were being picked on and gave up the yards\TDs,etc. what part of THAT dont you understand?

but im sure the o-line caused the 30+ points too. and TT fumbled the ball as well. right?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

No, the defense caused 24 and the lack of an O-Line caused 7 for GB.

i'm sorry, but how did they knock the ball out of brett's hands?

Hmmm, you must be drunk. The Bengals scored 24 points on our Defense. Our offense scored a whopping 7. Whats so hard to understand Dale?[/quote:3pjm9bxo]

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Why is [email protected], pyle a Packer fan? Just curious....

Sorry Trom....er ND. I am glad you are impressed with the Packers. Questioning my loyalty to the Packers is so lame man. They suck and I know it, no use trying to pretend they don't.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They suck so bad you should try finding a new team. Packer fans stick with them through thick or thin. Your the one who's lame with all your negativity in every single post.

Yeah, the Packers are having a rough game....I haven't said anything else about it being positive. I still like the team though and have good reason to question if you do.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
They suck and I know it, no use trying to pretend they don't.

Making ANY judgements(on how they'lldo in reg season) based on these preseason games (good or bad) shows how stupid you really are. I already knew, but some people think you kinda know. Now they know you're a dumb ****.

I feel sorry for your team you coach. didnt you say they sucked too? Now I know why.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personal Attacks again Trom, you are so easy.

What happened to this great team Dale? Our starters were eaten alive tonight. I guess they were just not trying huh?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Personal Attacks again Trom, you are so easy.

Sounds like an admission to baiting to me.

I think we should just back off the forums until tuesday night.

NO one is happy about the Packer game, well no Packer fan is.

We're all upset and that's not a good time to be posting.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
They suck so bad you should try finding a new team. Packer fans stick with them through thick or thin. Your the one who's lame with all your negativity in every single post.

Yeah, the Packers are having a rough game....I haven't said anything else about it being positive. I still like the team though and have good reason to question if you do.

WTF are you talking about, i love the Pack, have since the early 70's

we stink dude. i still hope for 9 wins, but we got some heavy problems.

our biggest is protecting our HOF QB. how do you do that?
#1, establish the run. the key to the season lies in our o-line and protecting the QB and creating holes for the running game.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
NDPackerFan said:

WTF are you talking about, i love the Pack, have since the early 70's

we stink dude. i still hope for 9 wins, but we got some heavy problems.

our biggest is protecting our HOF QB. how do you do that?
#1, establish the run. the key to the season lies in our o-line and protecting the QB and creating holes for the running game.

Yeah but Dale can't accept it. If you question them you must be a hater.
As far as my team goes genuis, they were 7-3 last year and are 1-0 this year with a win Saturday 22-0.

Resorting to attacking kids is pretty pathetic.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah... i guess when nearly every player who starts in this league essentially says that the preseason is a waste, we should expect our starters to be motivated to knock off one of the best teams in the league. in a meaningless game. Cincy was at home, with the return of Carson. There was a little motivation there. The crowd was jacked, GB came out flat. These guys know they have to play another game in 3 days. They were sloppy, undisciplined, and unmotivated.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 is just keeping it real.

the packers played horrible and all the starters played in the first half. i dont think their should be any excuses for giving up 34 points in one half.

the packers didnt do good on any side of the ball. the most impressive player was favre and he wasnt even that good.
comp/at yrds td int
12/25 162 1 1

Krelian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on now guys, just cause the Pack are getting a :whippin: doesn't mean you need to turn on each others. The only person you guys should really be excited about is Al Harris, and that isn't saying much.

But yeah, Tromadz your outlook on the impressions are way off. It's not a real in depth analysis and most of it is wrong, even though I'm not a Packer fan i'll do it for you.

Good:
Al Harris: Shutting down Chad Johnson he did, props to him for that, holding one of the leagues best to 0 catches is a good feat.

Donald Driver: Looks good, just like last year, a YAC machine.

Special Teams: The punter Ryan looked strong, 44.8 yards a punt for average and the return game looks solid.

Greg Jennings: Crisp route running, has a nice ability to get open as it seems.

Nick Collins: He was everywhere nice tackle total for a saftey.

Bad:
Pass Rush: sure they got to Palmer on several occasions, but nothing to show for it, KGB seemed to be the only one but nothing phased Palmer.

O-Line: a few false starts, the center looked lost, the gaurds kept getting knocked to the side liek they were not there mainly by Sam Adams, any other premier DT will eat this line up.

Linebackers: Even though they are expected to do well as well they should, talented group, they looked very sluggish coming off the ball and meeting the ball carrier in the A gap.

Pass Defense: Al Harris and Collins will hold their own, but Manuel and Woodson seemed lost at times and slow, might pick it up at the start of the season.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
yeah... i guess when nearly every player who starts in this league essentially says that the preseason is a waste, we should expect our starters to be motivated to knock off one of the best teams in the league. in a meaningless game. Cincy was at home, with the return of Carson. There was a little motivation there. The crowd was jacked, GB came out flat. These guys know they have to play another game in 3 days. They were sloppy, undisciplined, and unmotivated.

POW!#$%&!! YOU NAILED IT!

great post!

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get it. Favre looked good??? 12-25 w/1 INT and a fumble? He was throwing high and outside all night. No touch at all...just cannon balls. Sorry, I don't see it.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
I don't get it. Favre looked good??? 12-25 w/1 INT and a fumble? He was throwing high and outside all night. No touch at all...just cannon balls. Sorry, I don't see it.

Yeah Favre did play bad. Just under 50 completion %

This reminded me of Baltimore from a year ago.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
retiredgrampa said:

Yeah Favre did play bad. Just under 50 completion %

This reminded me of Baltimore from a year ago.

What game did you people watch..are you crazy?

Did you see how many drops there were, and the guy was hurried all night..The o-line made the Bengals D look like the '85 bears.

He wasn't great, but he wasn't awful either. That interception was right in Driver's hands....

Coupla more catches and his completion % is 65-70%....

Yeah, but he sucked, right. Let's blame it all on him like last year!

Do you guys finally see what real receivers look like? They play for Cincinnati...

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our special teams didnt look half bad. Raynor was hitting the end zone on kickoffs. I havent seen that happen consistently for years.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts