16-0?

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
y
Couldn't have put it any better myself R double C.

If any Cheatriots fans are in here questioning our desire to see the Pack go 19-0, I wonder what they were thinking when the Cheats were 6-0 in their almost flawless season?
Jealous?
Worried that the Pack will beat the Pats with the idea of being perfect?

On a side note: I hate the Pats. Frakin cheaters.
They deserved to lose to the Giants, who I was rooting for btw.
Any team but the Cheats. I have zero tolerance for cheaters and liars. Just sayin.,..
Lmao... stay classy bro, stay classy....

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reaction score
I know I have heard it thrown around, and some people on the message board but I think it's safe to say as good as the Packers are there not going to go 16-0. Today I thought proved my point... look at the Rams defense, they slowed Rodgers and Co. down, and if you think there going to go 16-0 your crazy as far as I am concerned.

Yes I hate losing, but the bottom line is it's hard to win the NFL. Don't get your hopes up people, but be happy we are 6-0!
You are an idiot. Ever heard of what coaches do once the game is pretty much done?

They go Vanilla on the game plan. They run simple routes, to basic formations, and don't take any risks down the field. I think we are going 16-0, but that doesn't make me crazy. The Rams were playing for everything. Down 24, playing an undefeated team, and trying to find a way to getting a first win. What were the Packers playing for? Showing more game tape for the upcoming teams? Risking players to get injured trying too hard?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The odds say it can't happen.

But, the more I think about this recently the more I think about that we had two teams since 07 flirt with it and for one they down right almost did it. I have no doubts the Colts go 16-0 if they did not tank the Jets game. Whether they went 19-0 is a different story, may not have happened. However, that tanking of 16-0 I firmly believed sucked a lot of the spirit out of that team. Not the best Colts team over the years, but they found ways to win no matter what. Until that week.

The Pats came closer then anyone. Giants were probably the worst matchup possible for the Pats since they had just played them week 17 and barely won. A lights out defensive effort on the d line and helmet catch let the Giants pull off the unexpected on the biggest stage and shatter dreams of the best season ever.

The Packers have an elite QB, one of the keys that it would take to accomplish this task. They have depth. They find ways to win every week too.

Of course 16-0 is not the most important thing. Winning the SB is. But, can you imagine if this current Packers team pulled off such a feat? Back to back SB titles with the second year being a year of perfection? Your team would go down in history and Rodgers would be elevated to levels never before at only the age of 28 years old.

Lastly the irony/karma factor. The Super Bowl is in Indy. The Packers would have a shot at 19-0 in the same stadium the Colts gave up on it. I cannot even imagine the reaction of Jim Irsay and Bill Polian if a team went 19-0 in the Super Bowl they hosted after deciding it was not worth striving for themselves.

There are some key games coming up the rest of the season that will test Green Bay. GB already has an incredible win streak going on since last year.

I just can't help but have this linger in the back of my mind as long as the Packers keep winning games.

Reaction score
McCarthy is the type of coach that won't take his foot off the pedal. Yes, in games he has demonstrated that, but he doesn't do that near the end of the season. He won't pull Rodgers out in the 1st or 2nd quarter. He wants to keep a rhythm going. This might have been what hurt the Saints at going 16-0 when I believe they were 14-0. (Ended 14-2 I believe) Our biggest test will most likely be in the Super bowl, but with the Packers already on a 13 game win streak, I think the Packers snowball has picked up enough speed to carry them all the way again. I don't know why, but to me, 16-0 is really meaningful to me. This could be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Watching your team go a whole season without losing is like winning the lottery twice. The only team that will get in our way from 16-0 are the Lions or the Bears. Those division games can go either way, no matter how good the team is. Only time will tell, but we should enjoy it for now!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I have a tough time seeing you team not go for the wins in every game. In fact after you beat the Colts in preseason this year McCarthy made a statement that hit home to me. Don't remember the exact quote but something like, "The vibe on the sideline was that we wanted to win. I understand kicking the extra point and going home a bit healthier but we came here to win games."

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But, the more I think about this recently the more I think about that we had two teams since 07 flirt with it and for one they down right almost did it. I have no doubts the Colts go 16-0 if they did not tank the Jets game. Whether they went 19-0 is a different story, may not have happened. However, that tanking of 16-0 I firmly believed sucked a lot of the spirit out of that team. Not the best Colts team over the years, but they found ways to win no matter what. Until that week.

I think it was even worse in 2005, too, when you lost to the San Diego Chargers (!!!) after amassing a 13-0 record. Sure, you finished 14-2, but you were one and done that year when you got beat by the Steelers. I don't know what happened to that team, but that Colts team that finished the season sure weren't the same Colts team that started it.

I think the reverse will happen to the Packers, though. They usually go to slow starts but finish strong (MM has a 19-13 record in the first 8 games of every season he's coached not counting 2008, and 23-9 record in the last 8 games).

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think it was even worse in 2005, too, when you lost to the San Diego Chargers (!!!) after amassing a 13-0 record. Sure, you finished 14-2, but you were one and done that year when you got beat by the Steelers. I don't know what happened to that team, but that Colts team that finished the season sure weren't the same Colts team that started it.

I think the reverse will happen to the Packers, though. They usually go to slow starts but finish strong (MM has a 19-13 record in the first 8 games of every season he's coached not counting 2008, and 23-9 record in the last 8 games).

Oh it was, I prefer to almost erase that season. However, Dungy rested the team way too long. We came out flat and rusty against Pittsburgh. By the time we started to mount a comeback it became a bit late. Horrible game. The whole team including the staff choked IMO. Nick Harper getting a shoe string tackle, Vandy missing a kick badly, Peyton not being able to get into a groove. Yuck. And yes Dungy's son killing himself.

That was our best team.

I am rooting for the Pack to do this. The SB is more important but I hope you keep winning. Ending with the Bears/Lions (even though at home) is still not easy.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe this team has the moxie and the stones to do it. They can move the ball against any team in the league, no doubt about it. They can win playing a variety of different ways too. And they can come from behind, even when in a hostile environment, and shut you down.

I truly believe they can do it. To the fans who say it can't be done, I ask you, why shouldn't they? Isn't perfection something we all strive for, we all desire?

No, this team isn't perfect, and has it's weaknesses. However, they've proven they can overcome those weaknesses, can compete with the best teams in the league, and can go toe to toe with the best quarterbacks. They punched a potent defense in the mouth in the Super Bowl last year, went blow for blow with one of the best QB's in the league in Drew Brees this year and even managed to rack up some yards and points against the one defense that always seems to shut us down: Chicago.

It goes without saying that there is a tough road ahead for the Packers to reach that elusive perfect season. I for one believe they can do it.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I believe this team has the moxie and the stones to do it. They can move the ball against any team in the league, no doubt about it. They can win playing a variety of different ways too. And they can come from behind, even when in a hostile environment, and shut you down.

I truly believe they can do it. To the fans who say it can't be done, I ask you, why shouldn't they? Isn't perfection something we all strive for, we all desire?

No, this team isn't perfect, and has it's weaknesses. However, they've proven they can overcome those weaknesses, can compete with the best teams in the league, and can go toe to toe with the best quarterbacks. They punched a potent defense in the mouth in the Super Bowl last year, went blow for blow with one of the best QB's in the league in Drew Brees this year and even managed to rack up some yards and points against the one defense that always seems to shut us down: Chicago.

It goes without saying that there is a tough road ahead for the Packers to reach that elusive perfect season. I for one believe they can do it.

So do I. Ties into my Packers swagger thread too. Not an in your face cockiness but there is swag for sure. Moxie is a good word, your QB alone is loaded with it.

The 2007 Pats as much as they won never had me convinced that year they would win it all. They were a bit of a one trick pony on offense and often struck me as cold and calculating. They did start the year with spygate so that never helps public perception.

Reaction score
Something about going undefeated in the regular season freaks me out. The team has weaknesses (the majority of them on defense) and because of that weakness, eventually one or two teams are going to end up beating them. That game against Detroit for Thanksgiving and the game against the Giants at New York and even the upcoming game against San Diego are going to be very tough.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 1972 Miami Dolphins had the perfect season going 17-0 total.
The 2007 Cheatriots topped that with 18-0. Even though they lost (Deservedly) the Super Bowl, it gets overlooked that they surpassed the 1972 Dolphins. And I'm fine with that getting overlooked since they were busted for cheating that season.
How else can you explain that almost perfect record and how well they are playing now? I really, seriously believe that Bill Bellacheat continues to cheat even today. Once a cheater always a cheater. He just now knows ways to not get caught.

Anyway, the Packers will have to win two more games than the Dolphins did which is no easy feat.
Experts need to stop looking at the '72 Dolphins because they had 14 regular season games then. So if Packers go 15-1 while winning the SB, then they have surpassed those '72 Dolphins.
The Pack will have 3 close games in November. 14, 20, 24. I think those will be the key games that will test them as Jules pointed out.
If they win all those then there will be no stopping them the rest of the season.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So do I. Ties into my Packers swagger thread too. Not an in your face cockiness but there is swag for sure. Moxie is a good word, your QB alone is loaded with it.

The 2007 Pats as much as they won never had me convinced that year they would win it all. They were a bit of a one trick pony on offense and often struck me as cold and calculating. They did start the year with spygate so that never helps public perception.
I expected the Giants to win.
They showed they wanted it more when they beat the Packers at Lambeau.
And I was glad they beat the Pats.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Something about going undefeated in the regular season freaks me out. The team has weaknesses (the majority of them on defense) and because of that weakness, eventually one or two teams are going to end up beating them. That game against Detroit for Thanksgiving and the game against the Giants at New York and even the upcoming game against San Diego are going to be very tough.

Maybe and maybe not. Your team seems to excell in situational football though regardless of the stats. If you need a stop you often get one. A big play, you get it. You need to run? You seem to be able to.

Some key games coming up. I don't think it matters if the Packers are flawless. Sometimes all you need to be is good enough and have the right group of guys and the right staff to pull it off.

The only issue is the more you win in a row the more the odds seem to increase that a loss will happen. We will see during the course of the season if the Packers can defy odds. Streaks and records are made to be broken.

If a team can accomplish 19-0 I would love to see it be this current Packers team. They are oddly good and full of flaws at the same time. Your QB is so good though and in his prime he might be able to pull this thing off.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I expected the Giants to win.
They showed they wanted it more when they beat the Packers at Lambeau.
And I was glad they beat the Pats.

TBH I also picked the Giants. There was a lot of hunger shown with them like you said in the playoffs, they played better football then NE in the postseason. They had some luck on their side for sure too. I felt it was wishful thinking but I was thrilled for that team. What a Cinderella story.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno how I feel about it. On one paw, it would be beyond a dream come true to go undefeated the whole year. But on the other paw, it just seems almost insurmountable. The odds are against it. But, I firmly believe if ever there was a team that could do it, it's this team. They just have this essence, this spark of almost surrealism. I find it almost scary, this is a team that has the ability, the talent and the chemistry to realize the dream of an undefeated season. Will they? Only time will tell. There is a lot standing between the SB and now.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being 7-0 is like a pitcher being perfect through three innings. It's worth mentioning, but no one should be seriously thinking about a perfect game yet.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
This made me laugh given his controversial playcalling.

Same. BRB 10 point lead in the 2nd quarter. BRB hand it off the Starks to kill the clock. There was a ton of that going on last year.

Sometimes Mike seems like he's holding the reigns in Rodgers a little too tight sometimes.

As far as the undefeated thing, it's unlikely but if our defense starts clicking more, and our O-line does a better job protecting Rodgers, it's definitely possible. I actually really hope it happens. Without a doubt Rodgers will get the credit he deserves and nobody will question that he's the elite QB in the NFL.

But at the end of the day winning the SB is more important than winning every game in the regular season

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lastly the irony/karma factor. The Super Bowl is in Indy. The Packers would have a shot at 19-0 in the same stadium the Colts gave up on it. I cannot even imagine the reaction of Jim Irsay and Bill Polian if a team went 19-0 in the Super Bowl they hosted after deciding it was not worth striving for themselves.

There are some key games coming up the rest of the season that will test Green Bay. GB already has an incredible win streak going on since last year.

I just can't help but have this linger in the back of my mind as long as the Packers keep winning games.

Speaking of irony...

Ok lets look at the 2 best teams Packers and Pats right now.

Irony: Packers defeat Patriots in the Superbowl, going 19-0, when the Patriots couldn't pull it off just a few years ago.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Speaking of irony...

Ok lets look at the 2 best teams Packers and Pats right now.

Irony: Packers defeat Patriots in the Superbowl, going 19-0, when the Patriots couldn't pull it off just a few years ago.

I thought of this too.

The other scenario is the Packers going 19-0 defeating the Jets, who the Colts let in the playoffs and who were the recipient of decision gate which cost us a shot at 16-0. Jets are the ultimate karma team with the Colts right now. They beat us in the playoffs last year and we are responsible for jump starting them. And being that the Jets upset the Colts in SB III a lot of old time Colts fans would not mind seeing the Jets lose the big one in Indy. Yes some carry over from the Baltimore Colts.

And of course the Ravens. The Indy/Baltimore connection.

Really, with the AFC I can think of irony with a lot of them lol.

Reaction score
I say when it's week 17 and we're 15-0, we should go for it...
Human history thrives on achieving the "impossible", we have a history of attempting to build the paramids/land on the moon/etc. and we got those done. ... Why not strive to Achieve the Impossible and complete the perfect season?
Winning a Superbowl is great, but winning the Superbowl on top of being Undefeated will make you stand out among the champions in the history of the league.... It will make our current squad Legendary, I say we go for it.

19-0 will be something we can rub in any ARod hater's face (skip/cowherd/dukes), 19-0 is something we can say "hey, brady never did this/Joe never did this/Elway never did this/Favre never did this...", 19-0 is something we can remind fans of the bears when they bring up their '85 superbowl season (18-1 < 19-0). idk... I say GO FOR IT!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
You have back to back home games to end the year against the Lions/Bears too. You might be able to knock one out of the playoffs as well.

My organization was dumb enough to jump start the Jets while tanking going for history. Since then the Jets have been the team nobody wants to play in the AFC playoffs but won't say it out loud.

Members online

Latest posts