1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

1 player that would benefit us most by taking a big leap forward?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Mar 20, 2013.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    Which player would benefit the team the most by taking a giant leap leap forward this coming season?

2. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    It should be Nick Perry. We drafted him for this reason, so this is my main pick. A guy as a sleeper to make a huge contribution is Jerron McMillian simply because he has a solid chance of starting next year if we don't draft anyone this year. His only competition is MD Jennings and Sean Richardson

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,779
    Neal or any DE. It all starts in the trenches.

4. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    Can't pick just one so on offense I would say Dujaun Harris and on defense I'd say Nick Perry

5. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I'm a sucker for linemen and also believe that both lines are our weakest points. For me it would be either the left tackle position (Newhouse/Sherrod/Bulaga) turning into an impenetrable wall for Rodgers / blocking machine for Harris, or someone like Neal on the DL stuffing the run and collapsing the pocket.

All of the skill positions on offense and defense would inherently improve, and those players would appear to play better because of improvement on either line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +993
    Nick Perry and whoever the starting running back is going to be. If we had a rb who could take over a game and another stud on defense getting the passer this team would be very good...not just good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +868
    I agree with the comment, "it all starts in the trenches". So, won't argue with those advocating for DE/LT.

However, in addition, I would love to see the following guy up his game big-time:

Crosby

8. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +993

for 2 mil a yr he better. For all the restructure talk we have about Hawks contract Crosby shoulda been in the same boat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    I'm torn between Nick Perry and Derrick Sherrod. The Packers need a pass rusher to compliment Mathews... BAD. The Packers also need somebody to protect Rodgers' blindside... BAD. A leap by either player would greatly benefit the Packers. Both players are first round picks and need to get healthy and help the Packers.

10. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Jerron McMillian.

Stabilize the back end.
    Create turnovers.

If he can take a leap forward towards what Nick Collins was, we'd be in great shape.

But Nick Perry was the correct answer.

11. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,242
    Several of the above. Lets put it this way...more than one of these guys NEED to take steps forward...Neal, Perry, the safeties, House, Newhouse or Sherrod, EDS, Harris. In the "needs to return to form" category, we have Bishop and Tramon Williams.

There's only so much you can get out of a draft class in year 1.

12. texaspackerbacker

texaspackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    When I read the title - and before reading several others saying the same hahaha, my choice was Nick Perry. If by some miracle, we had a clone of Clay Matthews (which probably Perry will never be, but who knows?), then the Capers model of defense would be at its best. Harris IMO already broke out - a continuation would be nice, but that isn't exactly the question asked.

13. J Mills

J Mills Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    How about one on offense and one on defense.

Sherrod would solidfy the O-line, Newhouse is a ticking time bomb and LT. However, I am getting a sinking feeling he is just Justin Harrell packaged as a OT.

On defense its gotta be Nick Perry. If we could get a consistant pass rush opposite Matthew's it would solidfy the pass defense, and his size, strength and speed should allow him to hold the edge in the running game. I can't wait to see him crack Kappernick, RG3 or Vick a few times next year and watch the read option disappear from offenses.

• Like Like x 1
  14. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +152
    The man with the best name on the team!

JOHNNY JOLLY!

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139
    Nick Perry, Derek Sherrod.

Sherrod comes in, plays better than Newhouse, that'll improve the line dramatically.... ARod time to throw, better run blocking, etc. Perry brings up the intensity, Clay could go for the sack record.

16. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    Clay can go for the record if he stays healthy. The shin issue hurt him alot

17. The_Virus

The_Virus Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Ill throw M.D Jennings out there because no one else has

18. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,242
    Wouldn't that be an unexpected surprise? If he can make it back he'll be good to age 35 with all that time off.:confused:

19. SVang_8704

SVang_8704 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    easy! the man in the middle, desmond bishop!!! if not him, its time for morgan burnett to step up in the rankings of safeties

20. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Rodgers. If it's possible to take a big step forward for him he'd be unstoppable. I know it's not in the spirit of the post but still...

21. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    If house can stay completely healthy, I think he may just be a shut down type guy. Hope he stays on the field.

22. I_am_smoked_cheddar

I_am_smoked_cheddar Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    David Bakhtiari, I believe he has all the tools.

• Agree Agree x 1