1 player that would benefit us most by taking a big leap forward?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which player would benefit the team the most by taking a giant leap leap forward this coming season?

Reaction score
It should be Nick Perry. We drafted him for this reason, so this is my main pick. A guy as a sleeper to make a huge contribution is Jerron McMillian simply because he has a solid chance of starting next year if we don't draft anyone this year. His only competition is MD Jennings and Sean Richardson

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for linemen and also believe that both lines are our weakest points. For me it would be either the left tackle position (Newhouse/Sherrod/Bulaga) turning into an impenetrable wall for Rodgers / blocking machine for Harris, or someone like Neal on the DL stuffing the run and collapsing the pocket.

All of the skill positions on offense and defense would inherently improve, and those players would appear to play better because of improvement on either line.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Perry and whoever the starting running back is going to be. If we had a rb who could take over a game and another stud on defense getting the passer this team would be very good...not just good.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I agree with the comment, "it all starts in the trenches". So, won't argue with those advocating for DE/LT.

However, in addition, I would love to see the following guy up his game big-time:

Crosby

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the comment, "it all starts in the trenches". So, won't argue with those advocating for DE/LT.

However, in addition, I would love to see the following guy up his game big-time:

Crosby

for 2 mil a yr he better. For all the restructure talk we have about Hawks contract Crosby shoulda been in the same boat.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm torn between Nick Perry and Derrick Sherrod. The Packers need a pass rusher to compliment Mathews... BAD. The Packers also need somebody to protect Rodgers' blindside... BAD. A leap by either player would greatly benefit the Packers. Both players are first round picks and need to get healthy and help the Packers.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jerron McMillian.

Stabilize the back end.
Create turnovers.

If he can take a leap forward towards what Nick Collins was, we'd be in great shape.

But Nick Perry was the correct answer.

H

HardRightEdge

Several of the above. Lets put it this way...more than one of these guys NEED to take steps forward...Neal, Perry, the safeties, House, Newhouse or Sherrod, EDS, Harris. In the "needs to return to form" category, we have Bishop and Tramon Williams.

There's only so much you can get out of a draft class in year 1.

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I read the title - and before reading several others saying the same hahaha, my choice was Nick Perry. If by some miracle, we had a clone of Clay Matthews (which probably Perry will never be, but who knows?), then the Capers model of defense would be at its best. Harris IMO already broke out - a continuation would be nice, but that isn't exactly the question asked.

J Mills

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about one on offense and one on defense.

Sherrod would solidfy the O-line, Newhouse is a ticking time bomb and LT. However, I am getting a sinking feeling he is just Justin Harrell packaged as a OT.

On defense its gotta be Nick Perry. If we could get a consistant pass rush opposite Matthew's it would solidfy the pass defense, and his size, strength and speed should allow him to hold the edge in the running game. I can't wait to see him crack Kappernick, RG3 or Vick a few times next year and watch the read option disappear from offenses.

Reaction score
Nick Perry, Derek Sherrod.

Sherrod comes in, plays better than Newhouse, that'll improve the line dramatically.... ARod time to throw, better run blocking, etc. Perry brings up the intensity, Clay could go for the sack record.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Perry, Derek Sherrod.

Sherrod comes in, plays better than Newhouse, that'll improve the line dramatically.... ARod time to throw, better run blocking, etc. Perry brings up the intensity, Clay could go for the sack record.

Clay can go for the record if he stays healthy. The shin issue hurt him alot

SVang_8704

Cheesehead
Reaction score
easy! the man in the middle, desmond bishop!!! if not him, its time for morgan burnett to step up in the rankings of safeties

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Rodgers. If it's possible to take a big step forward for him he'd be unstoppable. I know it's not in the spirit of the post but still...

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts