1 guess who tutored our new QB

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
fkn Kevin Seifert misquoting MM...

"Thompson told team officials he would be the best draft pick they ever made. That's saying something."

When really it's supposed to say: "
QB told him (Thompson) he would be the best pick he ever made"

He sure doesn't lack confidence...

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
fkn Kevin Seifert misquoting MM...

"Thompson told team officials he would be the best draft pick they ever made. That's saying something."

When really it's supposed to say: "
QB told him (Thompson) he would be the best pick he ever made"

He sure doesn't lack confidence...
''He was clearly the most excited young man on the phone, of the eight, and he told me it's the best pick we've ever made in Green Bay," McCarthy said.
lern tu reed.

L

Lunchboxer

Hmm Im drawing a Blank. I got go guesses as to who made some ****** advances to women.

Quite an intriguing mystery indeed.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Some men make ****** advances toward women.

But, women make ****** advances TOWARD Matt Flynn. All the time. Everywhere he goes. Sometimes men too.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I have that problem as well, Jules. It has become a little tiring over the years having to beat 'em off with a stick. WHY WON'T THEY JUST RESPECT MY SPACE?? :whistling:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hmm Im drawing a Blank. I got go guesses as to who made some ****** advances to women.

Quite an intriguing mystery indeed.

Ok... guilty as charged. I've made ****** advances toward women. I admit it freely. I've been trying to clean up my act but it just isn't working - no matter how old I get, I'm still 25 in my mind's eye ... so....the frivolity continues. One thing is for sure though, I did NOT mentor this kid at Chattanooga. Didn't do it... wouldn't be prudent. My footwork is horrible these days and I doubt I'd be able to elude angry husbands everywhere.

As this pertains to Favre mentoring this kid...probably as a favor to Cook...hey, it's pretty decent of a Hall of Famer helping the kid out. I recall that as Favre was coming into his own his dislike for Steve Young for being "uppity" toward Favre. You can say a lot of things about Favre and be accurate (hell, I witnessed him being poured into a cab in downtown Appleton several times), but I think it's pretty decent of him to spend a little time with the kid.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok... guilty as charged. I've made ****** advances toward women. I admit it freely. I've been trying to clean up my act but it just isn't working - no matter how old I get, I'm still 25 in my mind's eye ... so....the frivolity continues. One thing is for sure though, I did NOT mentor this kid at Chattanooga. Didn't do it... wouldn't be prudent. My footwork is horrible these days and I doubt I'd be able to elude angry husbands everywhere.

As this pertains to Favre mentoring this kid...probably as a favor to Cook...hey, it's pretty decent of a Hall of Famer helping the kid out. I recall that as Favre was coming into his own his dislike for Steve Young for being "uppity" toward Favre. You can say a lot of things about Favre and be accurate (hell, I witnessed him being poured into a cab in downtown Appleton several times), but I think it's pretty decent of him to spend a little time with the kid.

Film study with Brett Favre: now you see the open man? "yes" ignore him, try and force it to the guy triple covered over here.

Brett Favre on how to bond with teammates: make sure you have your own room to change in and hang out alone in. If you don't get one demand it.

Brett Favre on if things aren't going right: blame Ted thompson. Oh he is retired?... Blame him anyways

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Film study with Brett Favre: now you see the open man? "yes" ignore him, try and force it to the guy triple covered over here.

Brett Favre on how to bond with teammates: make sure you have your own room to change in and hang out alone in. If you don't get one demand it.

Brett Favre on if things aren't going right: blame Ted thompson. Oh he is retired?... Blame him anyways

What about demanding to sit out when they dont sign a player he wanted

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Even if I admired Farve, I wouldn’t want him mentoring a QB I cared about because he was hardly a model for others to emulate. That’s not a knock on his QBing – he frequently got away with “breaking the rules” like throwing off his back foot and into coverage (and sometimes he didn't, of course). Anyway, it reminds me of a story about Favre in his second season in Green Bay. This is Favre’s version of the story: He was watching film with Ty Detmer and the following conversation took place:

Favre: "Hey, Ty, what are they (coaches) talking about when they say 'nickel.' "
Detmer: "You are joking, right?"
Favre: "No, man, I always hear people say nickel is in ... nickel out."
Detmer: "To make it simple, Brett, nickel means they take out a linebacker and bring in a DB."
Favre: "That's it? Who cares? It's still 11 people."
Detmer: "That's why you're going to make it. You don't worry about those little things, do you?"

Imagine a pro QB not knowing what "nickel" meant?

http://espn.go.com/chrismortensen/s/2001/1018/1265996.html

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Even if I admired Farve, I wouldn’t want him mentoring a QB I cared about because he was hardly a model for others to emulate. That’s not a knock on his QBing – he frequently got away with “breaking the rules” like throwing off his back foot and into coverage (and sometimes he didn't, of course). Anyway, it reminds me of a story about Favre in his second season in Green Bay. This is Favre’s version of the story: He was watching film with Ty Detmer and the following conversation took place:

Favre: "Hey, Ty, what are they (coaches) talking about when they say 'nickel.' "
Detmer: "You are joking, right?"
Favre: "No, man, I always hear people say nickel is in ... nickel out."
Detmer: "To make it simple, Brett, nickel means they take out a linebacker and bring in a DB."
Favre: "That's it? Who cares? It's still 11 people."
Detmer: "That's why you're going to make it. You don't worry about those little things, do you?"

Imagine a pro QB not knowing what "nickel" meant?

http://espn.go.com/chrismortensen/s/2001/1018/1265996.html

Yuppers...I agree..He cant be a coach either..

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I have that problem as well, Jules. It has become a little tiring over the years having to beat 'em off with a stick. WHY WON'T THEY JUST RESPECT MY SPACE?? :whistling:

I understand. You might want to ugly yourself up before you leave the house. Not even that might work for you weeds. Sad situation you are in.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

It takes too much energy for me to work up a major ***-kickin' dislike of Favre - seriously ... he's so far out of the picture and my frame of reference that I just don't give it a second thought...I just don't care actually -- Favre's gone.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It takes too much energy for me to work up a major ***-kickin' dislike of Favre - seriously ... he's so far out of the picture and my frame of reference that I just don't give it a second thought...I just don't care actually -- Favre's gone.

Seriously. Last time I checked Farve is somewhere down in Mississippi and Packer football is still being played in Green Bay.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts