06' free agents

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok i was wondering....i saw on www.footballsfuture.com in the nfl talk section in the 06 fa sub topic section the user Big7BenRoy posted this http://www.nflpa.org/Media/main.asp?sub ... yer+Search so i clicked on it and put in for teams: packers and for the year: 2006. Now what came up worried me.

Name
Position
Team
Compensation

Barnard, Brooks P/K Green Bay Packers 385000.00
Barnett, Nick LB Green Bay Packers 601000.00 (resign him)
Breeden, Sam WR Green Bay Packers 310000.00
Carroll, Ahmad CB Green Bay Packers 511000.00 (maybe)
Clifton, Chad OL Green Bay Packers 2425000.00 (resign him)
Diggs, Na'il LB Green Bay Packers 2300000.00 (resign him)
Driver, Donald WR Green Bay Packers 1360000.00 (resign him)
Emodi, Ike LB Green Bay Packers 310000.00
Favre, Brett QB Green Bay Packers 7000000.00 (resign him)
Ferguson, Robert WR Green Bay Packers 1400000.00
Garrett, John LB Green Bay Packers 310000.00
Gbaja-Biamila, Kabeer DE Green Bay Packers 3850000.00 (resign him)
Harris, Al CB Green Bay Packers 1500000.00 (resign him)
Hayes, Joseph OL Green Bay Packers 310000.00
Herrion, Atlas OL Green Bay Packers 310000.00

Now those are 8 big name players who will probably demand alot of money. So what i was wondering was if we would have enough money in to resign these players next year.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Barnett, Nick LB Green Bay Packers 601000.00 (resign him)
Carroll, Ahmad CB Green Bay Packers 511000.00 (maybe)
Clifton, Chad OL Green Bay Packers 2425000.00 (resign him)
Diggs, Na'il LB Green Bay Packers 2300000.00 (resign him)
Driver, Donald WR Green Bay Packers 1360000.00 (resign him)
Favre, Brett QB Green Bay Packers 7000000.00 (resign him)
Ferguson, Robert WR Green Bay Packers 1400000.00
Gbaja-Biamila, Kabeer DE Green Bay Packers 3850000.00 (resign him)
Harris, Al CB Green Bay Packers 1500000.00 (resign him)

Okay I think I am WAY off here. Do you think these guys are soon to be Free Agents? That is my mindset and I'm gonna go with that lol forgive me if I am misunderstanding.
Carroll, Clifton, Favre, Ferguson and Harris are all under contract for around two years each. Fergie, Harris and Clifton and carroll jus signed last year. And brett geez hes under contract for like six more years.

I'm lost here

OP
OP
C

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well so was i when i saw it cause i remember Kgb signing that 5 year contract so i dont know why he's up there. So for some reason when i saw this i totally forgot about the contracts they signed. So my bad.... :oops: Sorry bout that guys......i worry to much....and the info is wrong....you guys are right....

O and Slick the site said they were to be free agents next year after this season.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheezy, your info is not all wrong. Driver will be an UFA in 06 along w/ Green, Davenport, and probably Franks to name a few. I am not a hugh Davenport fan, but wouldn't it have given GB a little more wiggle room @ RB if they could have signed him to at least a 2 year deal? Yes he's hurt a lot. In my way of thinking it would have been a perfect opportunity to sew him up for a couple of years @ a reduced price? Who are the UFAs for GB in 06; anyone have a compelte and accurate list? If I'm not mistake a number of the players GB has signed back this off season were only signed to one year deals...Kampman, Jenkins and Ruegamer?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Cheezy said:
O and Slick the site said they were to be free agents next year after this season.

yea thats what i was assuming ... fergie clifton an others i mentioned i think jus signed for past 08 even ... not sure though probably wrong

OP
OP
C

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well yeah its not all wrong slackerbacker but most of it is. It is unaccurate of most of those players. I think the UFA's of 06 are so far jenkins, davenport, and ruegamer. But my apologies again guys for unaccurate information.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumor has it that KGB and Diggs won't necessarily be given the free re-signing either...
So, let's not jump to conclusions on those two.

Brett Favre won't be worrying anyone unless we have a really great season and appear to be headed for another two-fer.... then, and only then, would he try for playing another year...

As it is now, everyone I talk to about which Lambeau Field games they plan on attending...? The big sellout will be the final game - 'cause it'll be Brett's last game.... Watch for it! If I can do it - I'm goin' to the Steeler game and the final game... in the Frozen Tundra!

I'm just worried about THIS year... that's enuf work for me.. for cry iy iy! Ya hey!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry guys - in the midst of rebuilding and transferring everything from old 'wrecked' setup to the new "awesome" setup - I lost my bookmarks... re-creating from what i might have at the Office - we'll see....

Go to www.footballsfuture.com - quite a bit of reading to do there.. maybe that'll help while I recreate what we need to review....

Back later - still got network stuff to finalize....

Members online

Latest posts