Yosh Nijman

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I was worried on that screen that we might get called for illegal man downfield. That is a gray rule they only call when it is blatant.
He reported as eligible which means he can run a fly pattern if called upon.
Good post.

Yeah I think he's just playing it smart... why not keep him and lose him for the comp pick...

HOWEVER, if someone becomes desperate and offers a 3rd or so - obviously do it

They did the void years which means they have to cut him IIRC. Thus comp pick is no longer an option in that case.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been listening to too many Packers podcasts lately to remember who said it, but it might have been the Mike Wahle (On My Block) episode this week. He said that the difference between Yosh and Zach Tom is that Tom finishes blocks. Yosh does not. He seemed to be echoing what Stenovich said, in that some players are seizing their opportunities and Yosh is not.

The guy did improve enough to be the top backup at OT but seems to not be putting in the same effort as in the past.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been listening to too many Packers podcasts lately to remember who said it, but it might have been the Mike Wahle (On My Block) episode this week. He said that the difference between Yosh and Zach Tom is that Tom finishes blocks. Yosh does not. He seemed to be echoing what Stenovich said, in that some players are seizing their opportunities and Yosh is not.

The guy did improve enough to be the top backup at OT but seems to not be putting in the same effort as in the past.

I truly don't think he is the top OT anymore - I think it is very split between him and Walker

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right. I meant that he rose to top backup at OT in past seasons, but this season has clearly fallen out of favor.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right. I meant that he rose to top backup at OT in past seasons, but this season has clearly fallen out of favor.
He definitely didn't hold his spot vs Tom and seems to be getting passed up by Walker. The good thing is from those in camp it seems more about Tom and Walker taking steps forward/up than it is Yosh regressing. Having two guys we believe in on the bench, plus Newman who played some spot tackle that wasn't terrible is a blessing for sure!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB needs to put the best 5 OL's on the field, period. Without Bakhtiari & Jenkins playing I think Tom needs to slide inside to LG & Nijman to RT. Newman, Myers & and an injured Runyan spells doom, imho.

Remind Nijman that he's playing for a big payday IF he shows well for theses last 13 games.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB needs to put the best 5 OL's on the field, period. Without Bakhtiari & Jenkins playing I think Tom needs to slide inside to LG & Nijman to RT. Newman, Myers & and an injured Runyan spells doom, imho.

Remind Nijman that he's playing for a big payday IF he shows well for theses last 13 games.
I disagree that you put your best 5 linemen out there. A tackle is not a guard is not a center. And vice versa. You have to take into consideration the position, the side, and how well they work in tandem with the player(s) next to them. Just put your best there...such a simplification. Something coaches love. That and wishful thinking.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2023 preseason Tom played LG & RT, very well. He's desperately needed inside until Jenkins returns. The offense can NOT function with consistent pressure from the interior.

Reaction score
In 2023 preseason Tom played LG & RT, very well. He's desperately needed inside until Jenkins returns. The offense can NOT function with consistent pressure from the interior.
Anything the doesn’t include Royce. It was tough to watch him get tossed like a ragdoll.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree that you put your best 5 linemen out there. A tackle is not a guard is not a center. And vice versa. You have to take into consideration the position, the side, and how well they work in tandem with the player(s) next to them. Just put your best there...such a simplification. Something coaches love. That and wishful thinking.

Yup, not a lie here.

But I will forever argue you cannot tell me having Newman in there would be better than :

Walker / Tom / Myers / Runyan / Yosh

At this point it is worth doing it and seeing.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Newman needs to be released and it might be a good to sigh 1-2 veterans to Shor up this 0-line. So far it's a disaster.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As true as that is, it is worse if the outside is giving up the pressure. Not an enviable situation we are in though it looks like Jenkins will be back. Rhyan for Runyon? Certainly hope Tom can go. I don't have any faith in Nijman. He might look good on most protections except for the 3 sacks he'll give up. But hey, if they can put something together that works...Just kind of wish if it ain't working; that they change at some point during the game. Why just keep watching if someone (Newman) keeps getting pushed back into Love.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Newman needs to be released and it might be a good to sigh 1-2 veterans to Shor up this 0-line. So far it's a disaster.
At this point of the season about the only veterans available are at Newman's ability level. Injuries around the league are depleting the ready reserve of available players.

Members online

Latest posts