2023 PFF SEASON GRADES

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not gonna take time to transfer it all...but here are the top guys (70s up) and bottom (under 60) guys for the whole season (including the two playoff games).

Best Offense:
Jordan Love - 83.6
Bo Melton - 83.4 (only 178 snaps)
Aaron Jones - 80.9
Zach Tom - 79.7
Dontayvion Wicks - 77.8
AJ Dillon - 75.7
Romeo Doubs - 73.6
Jayden Reed - 73.3
Bakh in just 55 snaps - 78.3

Worst Offense from regulars:
Sean Rhyan - 49.3 (only 229 snaps...only Newman was worse OL bu the saw just 186 snaps)
Josiah Deguara - 51.7 (only 212 snaps)
Josh Myers - 54.7 (1,212 snaps)
Jon Runyan - 56.5 (1,009 snaps)
Yosh Nijman - 57.4 (259 snaps)

Best Defense (70+):
Rashan Gary - 79.0
Darnell Savage - 75.5
Rasul Douglas while here - 75.2
Jaire Alexander - 74.3
Preston Smith - 70.5
Kenny Clark - 70.4

Worst Defense (sub60):
Anthony Johnson Jr - 47.9
Eric Wilson - 56.5 (only 144 snaps)
Isaiah McDuffie - 57.1 (551 snaps)
Carrington Valentine - 57.5
Colby Wooden - 57.6 (298 snaps)
Jonathan Owens - 59.6
Devonte Wyatt - 59.6
Quay Walker - 59.6
Corey Ballentine - 59.8

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So the OL was at best sub par. As was most of the defensive backfield. I'll cut the rookies some slack and cut or not keep the journeymen. I wonder if some of the grades trended up/down as the season went on? I could see if the rookies run out of steam after November.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the OL was at best sub par. As was most of the defensive backfield. I'll cut the rookies some slack and cut or not keep the journeymen. I wonder if some of the grades trended up/down as the season went on? I could see if the rookies run out of steam after November.

There were some, Tucker Kraft was one that first half never got above 60 essentially then the final eight week or so of regular season he graded out starting in KC at 71.2 / 76.4 / 69.6 / 62.5 / 64.7 / 72.6 - he struggled in playoffs but rookie and big lights and all.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
There were some, Tucker Kraft was one that first half never got above 60 essentially then the final eight week or so of regular season he graded out starting in KC at 71.2 / 76.4 / 69.6 / 62.5 / 64.7 / 72.6 - he struggled in playoffs but rookie and big lights and all.
Looks like his numbers went up with more playing time after Musgrave was out.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Disappointments - Clark, Smith, Alexander, Campbell, Jenkins.

Underachieving all season long.

Coaching in the first half of the season was inconsistent and marginal at best.

The young kids actually saved this season. Kudos to them on their development.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not gonna take time to transfer it all...but here are the top guys (70s up) and bottom (under 60) guys for the whole season (including the two playoff games).

Best Offense:
Jordan Love - 83.6
Aaron Jones - 80.9
Zach Tom - 79.7
Dontayvion Wicks - 77.8
AJ Dillon - 75.7
Romeo Doubs - 73.6
Jayden Reed - 73.3

Sean Rhyan - 49.3 (only 229 snaps...only Newman was worse OL bu the saw just 186 snaps)

Best Defense (70+):
Rashan Gary - 79.0
Darnell Savage - 75.5
Jaire Alexander - 74.3
Preston Smith - 70.5
Kenny Clark - 70.4

Worst Defense (sub60):
Jonathan Owens - 59.6
Devonte Wyatt - 59.6
Quay Walker - 59.6
Corey Ballentine - 59.8
First, thank you for sharing these!

Does PFF allow you to filter out games?
Not asking you to do this, just more for my curiosity.
IMO, I'd take more stock in the grades awarded Pittsburgh and after.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disappointments - Clark, Smith, Alexander, Campbell, Jenkins.

Underachieving all season long.

Coaching in the first half of the season was inconsistent and marginal at best.

The young kids actually saved this season. Kudos to them on their development.
Besides Campbell, Jenkins is the most worrisome to me. He did not play to a high standard in any one game imho. I think we need 3 OL coming out of the draft.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Run blocking needs to improve although Jones was hot when he played and was healthy. Deguara?? What does he do?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Best Offense:
Jordan Love - 83.6
Aaron Jones - 80.9
Zach Tom - 79.7
Dontayvion Wicks - 77.8
AJ Dillon - 75.7
Romeo Doubs - 73.6
Jayden Reed - 73.3

Best Defense (70+):
Rashan Gary - 79.0
Darnell Savage - 75.5
Jaire Alexander - 74.3
Preston Smith - 70.5
Kenny Clark - 70.4

Worst Defense (sub60):
Jonathan Owens - 59.6
Devonte Wyatt - 59.6
Quay Walker - 59.6
Corey Ballentine - 59.8
What is your take on our OLine? Can we improve with some picks there? We performed well with later draft picks. Are they less talented and got coached up and now equal what you normally expect in higher picks? Or would we do that much better with some higher graded players there. I wonder if the system MLF employs makes a high pick OL less important than other systems.

I'm thinking we roll with our current OTs and Jenkins at LG, but look to upgrade center and RG in first 5 picks. It's a weak link scenario. Improving both of those will nit only improve those positions, but the entire OL will play better as individuals, not worrying about someone else nit taking care of their business

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Here's one of the problems with looking at scores in a vaccuum. End of season OL rankings by PFF put the Packers at 11th...so not elite but certainly above average, nowhere close to subpar. Eg., Jon Runyan's grade isn't great but his "low" ranking makes him 48th among guards...that's not good but it's not terrible when you consider that there are 64 starting guards in the league. I'm not trying to defend the oline, they weren't great at times, but the oline was not one of the big issues with the team this season.

The secondary though? That was bad.

Reaction score
I’ve admittedly changed my mind at OL needed upgrades like a bunch of times. One thing remains consistent is it’s always including LT.

Left Tackle. Don’t get me wrong Walker had played very good considering, I’m actually impressed he held up as good as he did. Not so impressed I would ignore LT. I feel like Walker can hold the fort down temporarily if absolutely needed, but a long-term answer at LT has to be a top priority. LT, Jordan Morgan would be one example that I’d feel very comfortable brining in to compete with Walker.

I want another Center, but our priorities can’t see me covering up the 4th year contract of Myers unless it’s an absolute steal (Van Pran slips past #64 etc)
I’d prefer to draft a Center that has great upside in Day 3 or anytime past RD3 and develop him behind Myers. I’m not excited about switching continuity at Center just yet. Myers is more “average” which is unfortunate for a 2nd Rounder, but still acceptable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, thank you for sharing these!

Does PFF allow you to filter out games?
Not asking you to do this, just more for my curiosity.
IMO, I'd take more stock in the grades awarded Pittsburgh and after.
Someone would need to do it themselves and then apply I guess an average of those.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve admittedly changed my mind at OL needed upgrades like a bunch of times. One thing remains consistent is it’s always including LT.

Left Tackle. Don’t get me wrong Walker had played very good considering, I’m actually impressed he held up as good as he did. Not so impressed I would ignore LT. I feel like Walker can hold the fort down temporarily if absolutely needed, but a long-term answer at LT has to be a top priority. LT, Jordan Morgan would be one example that I’d feel very comfortable brining in to compete with Walker.

I want another Center, but our priorities can’t see me covering up the 4th year contract of Myers unless it’s an absolute steal (Van Pran slips past #64 etc)
I’d prefer to draft a Center that has great upside in Day 3 or anytime past RD3 and develop him behind Myers. I’m not excited about switching continuity at Center just yet. Myers is more “average” which is unfortunate for a 2nd Rounder, but still acceptable.

I don't even think LT is our second weakest spot on our starting OL personally.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is your take on our OLine? Can we improve with some picks there? We performed well with later draft picks. Are they less talented and got coached up and now equal what you normally expect in higher picks? Or would we do that much better with some higher graded players there. I wonder if the system MLF employs makes a high pick OL less important than other systems.

I'm thinking we roll with our current OTs and Jenkins at LG, but look to upgrade center and RG in first 5 picks. It's a weak link scenario. Improving both of those will nit only improve those positions, but the entire OL will play better as individuals, not worrying about someone else nit taking care of their business

One can easily get better in this draft. Shoot, I'd be willing to draft two pure guards and put Jenkins at Center if it is the best 5. Rhyan needs challenged as Runyan tried to give him RG and he failed at every turn IMO proving he should be given it.

Members online

Latest posts