Yosh Nijman

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw it mentioned a couple of days ago about a coach's comment concerning Nijman. I'd like more details and/or a link to those comments please.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw it mentioned a couple of days ago about a coach's comment concerning Nijman. I'd like more details and/or a link to those comments please.

per https://wisportsheroics.com/green-b...Stenavich has,Brandon Carwile of Packers Wire.

Offensive coordinator Adam Stenavich has now spoken out about Nijman’s offseason demotion. The coach got brutally honest as he described the former Virginia Tech standout’s status with the team:

“Right now, he’s a backup tackle for us,” Stenavich said Thursday, via Brandon Carwile of Packers Wire. “That’s where he’s at and football is a very competitive sport and some guys rise to that competition and some guys don’t, so that’s basically what I have to say about that.”

You can also watch him speak on it here: He answers a question starting at the :50 mark on Tom and Yosh battle, but then the quote is heard around 11:43 to end the video.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Well then...... we'll see how he responds to that.

Anyone know the teams besides the Bears that might be looking for pass blocking tackles?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Anyone know the teams besides the Bears that might be looking for pass blocking tackles?

Truthfully the Jets until Rodgers went down - I don't see them doing anything beyond a QB signing or acquisition.

Bills honestly some say for sure could use a RT upgrade,

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They restructured his contract on the eve of the season opener, adding 4 more void years and creating 2.5 million more in cap space. Wonder what's up with that.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They restructured his contract on the eve of the season opener, adding 4 more void years and creating 2.5 million more in cap space. Wonder what's up with that.

I see this no where on Yosh - can you link the story or a source? He was tendered, those are set amounts from everything I've ever seen.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nevermind found link, it was VERY fresh...will likely start showing up on all the sites that track contracts here asap.

Makes him cheaper for a team acquiring him in a trade - his cost to us doesn't really change, matter of fact pushes a large chunk of his hit to 2024. But makes him VERY cheap if a team were to trade for him now....even more than before.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess that makes sense. Seems to be the odd man out. Maybe he he wants out. Rasheed Walker played a few snaps Sunday..Nijman probably just special teams.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about Nijman regressing. IMO he was never that great. Everyone can get better and that was what the coaches were banking on. Right now it just looks like both Walker and Tom are better and they probably always were.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about Nijman regressing. IMO he was never that great. Everyone can get better and that was what the coaches were banking on. Right now it just looks like both Walker and Tom are better and they probably always were.

I don't believe for a second he's regressed, passsed by Tom - absolutely, getting pushed by from Walker - it appears. That doesn't mean he has regressed. I truly think like Steno said some rise and some don't...the opposite of rising is falling, but you can not fall and also not rise.

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ronnie Stanley went down for the Ravens, and BOTH starting tackles for the Seahawks went out of their week 1 game. There's gonna be a market if the Packers feel like a trade makes sense. I wonder if Stenavich's honesty suggests they're not planning to trade him? I.e., they're looking to motivate him rather than pump up his value on the trade market?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The restructure of the contract screams willing to trade IMO, it makes him immensely more palatable and could be the difference between getting a compensatory say 5th for him in 2025 vs maybe that same level say 5th or 4th rounder for the 2024 pick in moving him now....and Gute sees the minimal 2-3M hit next year as well worth building with that pick now rather than in 2025.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The restructure of the contract screams willing to trade IMO, it makes him immensely more palatable and could be the difference between getting a compensatory say 5th for him in 2025 vs maybe that same level say 5th or 4th rounder for the 2024 pick in moving him now....and Gute sees the minimal 2-3M hit next year as well worth building with that pick now rather than in 2025.
This is how I'm seeing it to. Now we just need to be approached by more than one very desperate suitor.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess that makes sense. Seems to be the odd man out. Maybe he he wants out. Rasheed Walker played a few snaps Sunday..Nijman probably just special teams.
I thought I saw him on the field blocking for Clifford when the Packers cleared the bench and let the JV squad play.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
per https://wisportsheroics.com/green-bay-packers-yosh-nijman-demotion/#:~:text=Offensive coordinator Adam Stenavich has,Brandon Carwile of Packers Wire.

Offensive coordinator Adam Stenavich has now spoken out about Nijman’s offseason demotion. The coach got brutally honest as he described the former Virginia Tech standout’s status with the team:

You can also watch him speak on it here: He answers a question starting at the :50 mark on Tom and Yosh battle, but then the quote is heard around 11:43 to end the video.

He will get to play. Since when does our O line go most of a season unscathed?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He will get to play. Since when does our O line go most of a season unscathed?
Honestly outside of Bakh last year. Walker went in before him this past week - truth is Yosh has apparently been passed even as our back up RT possibly.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker took two jumbo set snaps, but you were right he and Yosh otherwise were five snaps each in closing out time.

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Good post.

Yeah I think he's just playing it smart... why not keep him and lose him for the comp pick...

HOWEVER, if someone becomes desperate and offers a 3rd or so - obviously do it

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew of one because he was downfield on AJ33s long screen run. A commenter gave him an atta boy on that play.
I was worried on that screen that we might get called for illegal man downfield. That is a gray rule they only call when it is blatant.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was worried on that screen that we might get called for illegal man downfield. That is a gray rule they only call when it is blatant.
He actually missed his initial or couldn’t make it so as play unfolded he just went to next level. He can scoot!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He actually missed his initial or couldn’t make it so as play unfolded he just went to next level. He can scoot!
We had 3 blockers setting up in front of Jones as he caught that. I guess once the ball is in the air the linemen can start moving forward.

Members online

Latest posts