Will Teddy act now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
So the Packers are “down” Jennings and Driver? Talk about stretching to make a point. The Packers were down 6 starters going into yesterday’s game before Finley left the game. It’s bad enough, there’s no reason to exaggerate to make it appear worse.
During Sunday's game we were down to 2 WR and 1 TE. Its really not that hypotetical to the consider that we might not have been able to field a spread offense for a team with a pass first offense and a QB that is a great passer.
After Finley left the game the Packers had WRs (1) Nelson, (2) Boykin, (3) Myles White, and (newly acquired) (4) Chris Harper (who did play STs) available. Also TEs (5) Quarless, (6) Brandon Bostick and (7) Jake Stoneburner were active. So they had 4 WRs, not 2 and 3 TEs, not 1. I’m telling ya, your bias is blinding. And speaking of bias:
I like to think of TT as the best alternative lifestyle GM in the history of the NFL...
:rolleyes: You apparently just can’t help yourself.

As most of us know, it’s not how a team is playing in October that matters. The Packers just have to make the playoffs and by then, Matthews, J. Jones, B. Jones, Hayward, Perry, Starks, Taylor, and Finley may be available.

BTW, in addition to missing Cutler, the Bears will be without LB Lance Briggs and DT Henry Melton who they lost earlier in the season. One could argue that’s three of their best players. And CB Tillman is injured.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How lucky we are to have a level headed GM and a (mostly) supportive fan base. When will some fans learn that knee-jerk reaction teams never do well? Probably never.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How lucky we are to have a level headed GM and a (mostly) supportive fan base. When will some fans learn that knee-jerk reaction teams never do well? Probably never.

AMEN!!! What do you wanna make a bet, the "great" Irsay is already debating shipping all his picks for some over hyped over paid WR...

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk guy's...im kinda neutral on this one. I do agree that it's not a very wise to have knee jek reactions but at the same time this is a SB contender team we have and we play in a division where we have a half game lead. When we run into the lions at ford with what we have now it won't be enough to beat them in a shoot out...same case for Dallas. We need to bring in at least another wr who can contribute.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk guy's...im kinda neutral on this one. I do agree that it's not a very wise to have knee jek reactions but at the same time this is a SB contender team we have and we play in a division where we have a half game lead. When we run into the lions at ford with what we have now it won't be enough to beat them in a shoot out...same case for Dallas. We need to bring in at least another wr who can contribute.

IF TT does anything, I bet it's bring in a guy like Braylon Edwards or Devery Henderson for cheap...or are any of our old Practice Squad guys from the (Jennings, Cobb, Nelson, Jones, Driver) days anywhere available and not on a roster?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say look to the practice squad as needed. Also, I like the two Tight End set, more muscle for the run and can develop into passing play from the same set. Post those ideas, you never know who may be reading in here ! :cool:
We're fine. Jones will be back next week. Boykin looks to be solid. We have a running game. We have the Vikings next week and the Bears the following week (likely without Cutler as it sounds like his season is seriously in question at this point).

True.
And there is also this which helped me understand and appreciate any Packers wins no matter how they get it done.

Without the services of receiver Randall Cobb, who is expected to miss 4-8 weeks because of the fractured fibula he sustained in Sunday’s win over the Baltimore Ravens, Rodgers might have a hard time putting up big numbers this season.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Rodgers

And he’s OK with that as long as it doesn’t compromise the team’s ability to win.

“The overall look of it might change a little bit,” Rodgers said Tuesday during his weekly radio show on ESPN 540 Milwaukee. “It might not be as flashy as some fans might expect or want. But there’s one very, very important stat to me, and that’s winning. There’s no substitute for it, and it might be ugly at times.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/62257/aaron-rodgers-it-might-be-ugly-at-times

Now if you (Or anyone else) is still unsatisfied with how the Packers and especially Ted Thompson is doing things then I am 100% absolutely, without question sure that the Packers office would love to get a resume' from you and would seriously consider replacing Ted with you.
You obviously know how to run a football team and what needs to be done.
Send them your resume' and cover letter today.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We now have a running game. So why worry so much?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The decisions you make today, affect you down the road.

Suppose we trade for Nicks as some promote. Okay. We give up a 2nd for a very good player. By seasons end, Jones is playing, Cobb is playing and Nicks is only a part time player anyway. He demands $8M per year so we either sign him and potentially loose one or more of Raji/Pickett/Shields/Jones etc. Pretty costly and not necessary. Look who we play next - Bears and Vikings - a couple of cream puffs. And we should sacrifice our capabilities next season? How much can a new WR get into sync with Rodgers so that it will be effective quickly? I'm not sure.

Look, with Jordy and Boykin, we are already in the ball park of matching some other NFL WR rosters. I don't think there are many moves here that is in the best interest of the Packers.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We now have a running game. So why worry so much?

I hear ya but it won't matter if teams stack the box. I even like the ideal of going out to trade for a guy like Greg Olson in Carolina or Tony Scheffler. We alreay look bad in the red zone, the loss of Finley makes it even worse.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love how MM handles it, 'keep calm and keep going'. In contrast, I heard the Falcons Coach (or was it the GM?) complaining about how devastating the injuries have been. Now think about it, if you are on the Falcons and your coach is lamenting how difficult it is to overcome injuries, how motivated do you feel to go out there the next game? 'Coach is coming up with excuses already for us losing so he don't look bad.'

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Suppose we trade for Nicks as some promote. Okay. We give up a 2nd for a very good player. By seasons end, Jones is playing, Cobb is playing and Nicks is only a part time player anyway. He demands $8M per year so we either sign him and potentially loose one or more of Raji/Pickett/Shields/Jones etc. Pretty costly and not necessary. Look who we play next - Bears and Vikings - a couple of cream puffs. And we should sacrifice our capabilities next season? How much can a new WR get into sync with Rodgers so that it will be effective quickly? I'm not sure.

Look, with Jordy and Boykin, we are already in the ball park of matching some other NFL WR rosters. I don't think there are many moves here that is in the best interest of the Packers.

Forget Hakeem Nicks dude is injury prone and would want to much money. I'm talking about a guy like Brandon Llyod who was productive even for a team with two pro bowl caliber tight ends in new england.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score

People need to read this post.

This "go out and get a name guy" thing jumps into your head because it's memorable and exciting, not because it works. This same thing happened when the vikes got three first round picks this year. Everyone went nuts because they got a bunch of guys that draftnicks had heard of, but who has contributed more to team success: 1) Any of their first rounders 2) 5th rounder Micah Hyde and 4th rounder David Bahktiari? Just because you've heard their names before doesn't mean they're better for the team. TT knows that and we reap the success, whether some fans want to complain or not.

Reactions: TJV
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Just a question here Bus, is there anything TT CAN do that makes you happy ?. I'm just interested WHY you actually follow the Packers after Favre left. NOI

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Forget Hakeem Nicks dude is injury prone and would want to much money. I'm talking about a guy like Brandon Llyod who was productive even for a team with two pro bowl caliber tight ends in new england.
Lloyd turn down 6 offers from teams this offseason and said he does not want to play football he wants to follow up with his acting career.
I like the idea of having these young bucks step up and make a name for themselves (boykin). When we makeit to the playoffs this year..yes when not if. All of these rookies and PS players will have gotten in vaulable reps and will help our team.
Ladies and Gents I am smelling a repeat of history. Lombardi is coming back to titletown once again!

Reaction score

I agree, and listening to Bob Kravitz of the Indianapolis Star in the car earlier today on Mike & Mike or Cowheep discussing the rumor that with the loss of Wayne for the season, there may be a strong possibility that the Colts may seek a trade for Hakeem Nicks pretty quick which may take him off the table really soon anyway which may be a blessing in disguise for the temptation to give up too much to get him. You're right, Amish.....much too costly to roll the dice on this guy. I never welcomed the thought of trading for yet another injury prone player such as Nicks who also brings a steep price tag. Don't know what TT has up his sleeve, but HN is not the answer.

OP
OP
Bus Cook

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Just a question here Bus, is there anything TT CAN do that makes you happy ?. I'm just interested WHY you actually follow the Packers after Favre left. NOI
Answer to the first question is, up to now, no. Second question, because I'm a Packer fan. I have pictures on my walls, posters in my man cave, jerseys in my closet. All of them pay tribute to the players. I don't have a set of TT cargo shorts, an MM XXXL packers belt, or a Mark Murphy invisiline promotional posters. I'm a fan of the players, not the suits.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Honestly, I think it's too late to do anything. Who is really available right now that's any good?

We had a couple opportunities this year and the year before to take a WR in the middle rounds of the draft, granted we had other areas to address. 20/20 hindsight.

I think right now they have to look at the schedule and ask what are the accurate time tables for returns of given players and then ask can we win a majority of these games with the guys we have, then make a decision.

IMO, I think Nicks would be a good addition at the right price.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Answer to the first question is, up to now, no. Second question, because I'm a Packer fan. I have pictures on my walls, posters in my man cave, jerseys in my closet. All of them pay tribute to the players. I don't have a set of TT cargo shorts, an MM XXXL packers belt, or a Mark Murphy invisiline promotional posters. I'm a fan of the players, not the suits.
Without those "suits" you may not have some of those posters or players jerseys....

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Vince Lombardi? I guess you couldnt give two ***** about him.

OP
OP
Bus Cook

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Without those "suits" you may not have some of those posters or players jerseys....
Caddyshack was about Brian's youth, written by Brian, Brian was in the movie, and Brian assisted in directing the movie, but for whatever reason, Bill Murray gets the fans and praise. Its just how it works.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Or Galileo. Seriously. Its been 50+ years. I wasn't born. So, no, I don't have a Vince Lombardi poster/jersey/shrine
Do you have rodgers, nelson, cobb, jones, matthews or any other stud like that, poster or jersey? If so thank TT otherwise you wouldnt have the privalage to wear it..

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those who are complaining and want changes obviously aren't watching the games.
Boy,kin-he-catch-and-run is doing awesome and scored his first TD.
Other receivers brought in from the practice squad stepped up to the plate and did very well.
Missin' is Mason once again.
And we have the first time in a long time 100 plus yards on the ground in more than one game this season by more than one running back.
Packers have got this because they are the Packers.
If you don't want to share in the faith with me and other positive thinking Packers fans then that's your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts