Where did all the Davante Adams Haters go? Long term contract coming?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last week Montgomery was the second coming of Barry Sanders; the last 2 weeks it's been Adams is a bum despite the fact he led the league in receiving yards over the middle 8 games of the season. Just a couple of weeks ago it was Nelson should be renegotiated. Two months ago it was Rodgers should be benched.

What a ridiculous world of hair trigger opinion we live in.

By the way, fire Capers. ;)

At least some things never change.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like what he has shown but the guy just isn't consistent...

Been saying this since last season. It would be great to know that if Cobb is out our God forbid Neslon went down we could count on Adams. You can't expect him to carry the load healthy or not. He has to be matched up against the 2nd or third corner to have his big games that you've seen from him.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excuse me ??? What the hell are you referring to ?, and the conversation was between HRE and myself, and I'm getting tired of you picking me up on anything and everything. If you don't like anything I say, ignore it. End of conversation I think. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

What I was questioning was:
People on here fickle :eek: ?????

by asking:
As always, then, please define. Fickle as in...what? Please don't equate to spoiled, as I'm getting tired of explaining how that doesn't apply.

to which HRE noted:
You could check a dictionary.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/fickle

Billy's use of the term is apt. Also see definition 4. in the following:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/apt

If the half full folks weren't regularly telling the folks in my camp that we need to stop complaining because the team has won (fill in the blank) and are thus spoiled, I probably wouldn't have made a comment. This is much the same as people contending that negative feelings reflect a lesser fandom. Made, perhaps incorrectly, the leap to think that calling fans fickle might have meant spoiled.

One of the dictionary definitions HRE recommended is "not constant or loyal in affections", which is pretty much what I'm talking about, above. The other definition, "likely to change", is true enough for me - when the team or particular players are doing well, I am not dissatisfied, but when they soil the bed, I am. Regardless, my reason for asking is that posters don't always mean what the dictionary says, and I wanted to be sure.

Buggy - I didn't realize the public posting area was intended for "I'm only talking to him" type of discussions - thought that was what *** were for. If you had noted that only HRE could respond - I tend to follow the rules and would thus have stayed out of the personal exchange. I would also question whether my comments would warrant "I'm getting tired of you picking me up on anything and everything", as I would, off the top of my head, expect that there are vastly more of your posts with which I agree or ignore, and even this one just asked for amplification.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What I was questioning was:
by asking:

to which HRE noted:

If the half full folks weren't regularly telling the folks in my camp that we need to stop complaining because the team has won (fill in the blank) and are thus spoiled, I probably wouldn't have made a comment. This is much the same as people contending that negative feelings reflect a lesser fandom. Made, perhaps incorrectly, the leap to think that calling fans fickle might have meant spoiled.

One of the dictionary definitions HRE recommended is "not constant or loyal in affections", which is pretty much what I'm talking about, above. The other definition, "likely to change", is true enough for me - when the team or particular players are doing well, I am not dissatisfied, but when they soil the bed, I am. Regardless, my reason for asking is that posters don't always mean what the dictionary says, and I wanted to be sure.

Buggy - I didn't realize the public posting area was intended for "I'm only talking to him" type of discussions - thought that was what *** were for. If you had noted that only HRE could respond - I tend to follow the rules and would thus have stayed out of the personal exchange. I would also question whether my comments would warrant "I'm getting tired of you picking me up on anything and everything", as I would, off the top of my head, expect that there are vastly more of your posts with which I agree or ignore, and even this one just asked for amplification.

That is a lot of paragraphs for something I think is very simple.

I think your reading way to much into this..

Bill was probably just saying people are never happy, either the half side, or full side.

H

HardRightEdge

If the half full folks weren't regularly telling the folks in my camp that we need to stop complaining because the team has won (fill in the blank) and are thus spoiled....

One of the dictionary definitions HRE recommended is "not constant or loyal in affections", which is pretty much what I'm talking about, above. The other definition, "likely to change", is true enough for me....
The complete first definition hits the nail on the head, which you conveniently truncated:

"likely to change, especially due to caprice, irresolution, or instability; casually changeable"

"Capricious" is the term that best captures the sense I'm going for.

Now, nobody's going to tag me a cockeyed optimist or a blind cheerleader. From my vantage point, the capriciousness cuts both ways: from calling for the benching of Rodgers to hailing a player like Montgomery without a body of work the next [fill in the blank].

What's missing is a recognition of the body of work, be it substantial or lacking.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Bro you can't compare Adams to OBJ or Fitzgerald. Both of those guys see a higher amount of balls I'm sure. OBJ is a touchdown waiting to happen...he's a guy who opens up things for all the other WRs..while Adams is just a guy just like I said.

It depends on what you mean by "compare". I don't want to misconstrue your meaning and be faced with having to read the fourth definition in Websters or something.

One possibility is that you literally mean that I cannot compare the two. Though I don't think this is what you meant, if so, well the fact is that I can. Like comparing apples to oranges. Anyone can look at stats and compare. In this regard, all i was comparing was their drop rate. This was in response to posters who were claiming that Adams drop rate is too high. The facts show that this is not the case. Hence, a comparison with the elite receivers in the NFL was appropriate. I was not comparing anything else, such as overall body of work, HOF potential, or even how they "open things up" for others. Just drop rate.

By the way, OBJ has the same TDs as Adams with 10. The facts show them equally "a TD waiting to happen". In fact, Adams TD per reception is much higher.

Another possibility is that you meant that I cannot "compare", as in "equate" the three receivers. As I have just clarified, in no way was I trying to do so. Fitz is bound for the HOF and OBJ is currently in the top few WRs in the league. Adams is ranked down in the twenties, as I clearly mentioned. I believe that most readers would have gotten this from my post. Apparently, if this was your meaning of "compare", you did not.

It looks like you and I will just disagree on Adams being "just a guy". I think he is a good player with potential to get into top 10 year after year. To me, that is not just a guy.

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Davante Adams haters are still here....They just come out of the ground when he drops a pass.

Last edited:

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still not sure how he should be defined. Too early to call. He can make the plays alright, so you know what he's fully capable of doing. He just has these disappointing lapses where he plays less-than he's shown capable of playing. At this point in his career he's been an enigma. For the sake of the team's success I hope he becomes more consistent in the clutch.

Kinda reminds me of James Jones. How many times did James have passes go right through his fingers in 2010? I remember reading that he began to talk to himself on the field to help himself concentrate. Maybe Davant should start doing that.:D

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Kinda reminds me of James Jones. How many times did James have passes go right through his fingers in 2010? I remember reading that he began to talk to himself on the field to help himself concentrate. Maybe Davant should start doing that.:D

Jones's hoodie became his calming force. I do miss James :rolleyes:

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones's hoodie became his calming force. I do miss James :rolleyes:

And the Jermichael Finley critics
And the Mason Crosby critics
And the Aaron Rodgers critics

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agree, but remember how happy everyone was when he came back after Jordy was hurt.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

No player is above deserving criticism, but in most cases you don't chop heads over it. Even Babe Ruth struck out 1,330 times !

I agree, but if a player deserves criticism, I wont shy away from giving it. I`m sorry, but sometimes on here it seems like a cardinal sin to dare say this or that player is failing without getting stick for it. I follow this team as passionately as the next man, but if something is wrong, I`ll say so. :tup:

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, but if a player deserves criticism, I wont shy away from giving it. I`m sorry, but sometimes on here it seems like a cardinal sin to dare say this or that player is failing without getting stick for it. I follow this team as passionately as the next man, but if something is wrong, I`ll say so. :tup:

Some criticism when warrented is necessary to correct serious faults

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how many people still think Janis is better than Adams? Maybe we can see that Janis thread resurrected

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts