What Safety is there at 12? Or Hockenson ~ the next Gronk

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris didn't feel well at the combine. Go check out his pro day numbers. "night and day"

I understand the purpose of the combine but its not the "bible of athleticism" and certainly not the only measure when evaluating talent. These guys have 15-50 games on tape yet people run to the combine for answers. Cracks me up.

This is Brandon's response to Charles Harris having less than stellar results at the combine. Oh. Oh, the blessed irony.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This is Brandon's response to Charles Harris having less than stellar results at the combine. Oh. Oh, the blessed irony.

Charles Harris was drafted 22nd and was an EDGE RUSHER!.

I've throughly explained the need to REACH on Edge Rushers. The Packers just spenr over 100 mill on a couple and you and Dante have been trying to sell all of us on the contracts cause there EDGE RUSHERS.

Also Charles Harris hasnt been a total bust. He graded out average last year and he wouldnt be the first player to get lost in Miami.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Dante and Jubillee's Offseason.

Spend over a hundred million on Edge Rishers that have never even been to a Pro Bowl.

Pay a box safety 9 million dollars a year that isnt a GAME CHANGER.

Draft the slowest TE ever taken with a top 15 pick.

WOW! You guys are on FIRE!. :eek:

ALL RESOURCES USED and NO GAME CHANGERS!

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles Harris was drafted 22nd and was an EDGE RUSHER!.

I've throughly explained the need to REACH on Edge Rushers. The Packers just spenr over 100 mill on a couple and you and Dante have been trying to sell all of us on the contracts cause there EDGE RUSHERS.

Also Charles Harris hasnt been a total bust. He graded out average last year and he wouldnt be the first player to get lost in Miami.

You were referring to how we can't judge his athletic ability on the combine, but rather on his tape.

Don't move the goalposts Brandy. This isn't a positional thing.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Spend over a hundred million on Edge Rishers that have never even been to a Pro Bowl.

Believe it or not Brandon, but it wasn't my decision to sign those guys! I don't really have control over that, sorry to disappoint.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Believe it or not Brandon, but it wasn't my decision to sign those guys! I don't really have control over that, sorry to disappoint.

No you didnt. You and Dante have just been Spewing justification of all the $ spent cause they were EDGE RUSHER'S.

Now you wanna burn our highest pick in years on a SLOW TE that lacks strength and length.

Your guy's logic makes perfect sense.:eek:

About the only thing that could be worse is adding Thornhill at 30. Then again, that would COMPLETE THE DISASTER!.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
There gonna screw this whole thing up and then BLAME RODGERS. That's how it rolls around here.

Make a hundred bad personnel moves then blame the only thing you have going for you.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No you didnt. You and Dante have just been Spewing justification of all the $ spent cause they were EDGE RUSHER'S.

Now you wanna burn our highest pick in years on a SLOW TE that lacks strength and length.

Your guy's logic makes perfect sense.:eek:

About the only thing that could be worse is adding Thornhill at 30. Then again, that would COMPLETE THE DISASTER!.

Huh?

I haven't said that anywhere.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

It's cute that you are so invested in what I think :inlove:.

Hey! You keep it up and maybe someone, someday will give a **** what you think!

I mean, probably not... but you don't know unless you try, right? Maybe someone who has never seen a football game before will stumble on to the forum one day and mistake you for someone who actually does know his *** from his elbow.

Crazier things have happened.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It's cute that you are so invested in what I think :inlove:.

Hey! You keep it up and maybe someone, someday will give a **** what you think!

I mean, probably not... but you don't know unless you try, right? Maybe someone who has never seen a football game before will stumble on to the forum one day and mistake you for someone who actually does know his *** from his elbow.

Crazier things have happened.

How could I not be INVESTED with your DIARY OF LOVE LETTER'S regarding Hockenson and Thornhill?

OMG! I dont know how much more I can take.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This is just another thread where SOME PEOPLE have shown they have NO CLUE what a GAME CHANGER is and quite frankly it's getting real tiring for me.

We are on the verge of disaster and people think adding a slow TE along with a safety scared to tackle is gonna somehow restore us to relevance.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
This is just another thread where SOME PEOPLE have shown they have NO CLUE what a GAME CHANGER is and quite frankly it's getting real tiring for me.

We are on the verge of disaster and people think adding a slow TE along with a safety scared to tackle is gonna somehow restore us to relevance.

Unreal. This forum doesn't deserve you. Best just to move on, I think.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well of course Edge would rate higher on the VALUE LIST then TE and the urgency to reach a little there. I see ZERO REASONS to reach for a TE if your the Packers.

The Packers shouldn't reach for any prospect, no matter the position. Take the player presenting the best value when on the clock. If Hockenson is that guy at #12 I'm fine with it.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The Packers shouldn't reach for any prospect, no matter the position. Take the player presenting the best value when on the clock. If Hockenson is that guy at #12 I'm fine with it.

You have to STICK TO THE SCRIPT.

Tape+Measurable's+Altheticisim+Intangible's+Need = GRADE

Hockenson only checks two of those boxes so he is a HARD PASS at 12.

For some reason people can't stop playing this FAIRY TALE GAME!

P. Campbell CHECKS ALL THE BOXES and somehow most posters have a 2nd rouund grade on him. What a TRAVESTY!

Last edited:

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score

P. Campbell CHECKS ALL THE BOXES and somehow most posters have a 2nd rouund grade on him. What a TRAVESTY!

Oh great. Another thread turned into a Parris Campbell thread

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Oh great. Another thread turned into a Parris Campbell thread

You could make it a Cody Ford, Jonah Williams, Ed Oliver, Christian Wilkins, Devin White thread for that matter.

Let's not play SILLY GAMES on ourselves. ;)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's worth it???

At this point I only like Hockenson right there who has upside to be the next Rob Gronkowski I think.

He's fast for a guy his size and can block and has soft hands w/ excellent body control that you don't expect of for a guy his size

Obviously comparing him to a future HOF is a lot of pressure... but i see the upside there

Otherwise, you go Safety or trade down??

I really don't like taking DL that high
Agree completely. They either take Hockenson (my first choice) or Devin White. But I think White is gone by then, and they’ve added to their D in FA. As for another DL, nah. Resign Fackrell and Lowry in 2020. If Daniels fades, draft a DL in 2020. They’ll get a safety in round 2 or 3. Not a great draft for S anyway.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could make it a Cody Ford, Jonah Williams, Ed Oliver, Christian Wilkins, Devin White thread for that matter.

Let's not play SILLY GAMES on ourselves. ;)
I like Campbell a lot but think he will be there at #44.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There isn't a safety in this draft I'd take at #12.

Hockenson is certainly in my cluster of players I'd be interested in there, but the Gronk comparison is unfair and unrealistic.

Prime Gronk was the best TE to ever play. Calling someone the next Gronk is like calling someone the next Jerry Rice or Barry Sanders. A prospect can be a home run selection and still not be on a level with the all time greats.
This is a weak draft for S, they have Amos - why waste #12 on a S. Uh uh. Take Hockenson. Keeping Graham was a mistake, but maybe he can teach Hock. Now if Devin White is available at #12.........

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
This is a weak draft for S, they have Amos - why waste #12 on a S. Uh uh. Take Hockenson. Keeping Graham was a mistake, but maybe he can teach Hock. Now if Devin White is available at #12.........

I think this safety class is pretty strong overall. There just isn't a stud at the top worth the 12th pick.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vernon Davis had ELITE SPEED AND ATHLETICISM though.

and he didn't set the league on fire.

You don't like Hockenson in the first round and yet just about every single person doing mock drafts has him going in the first round.

You think Campbell is a first round talent and yet most mocks I see have him going in the second round.

I'm not saying your opinion is less valid than anyone else's in particular but when the numbers add up so much against you I wonder what it is that those people are missing. Or more accurately what you are missing.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
and he didn't set the league on fire.

You don't like Hockenson in the first round and yet just about every single person doing mock drafts has him going in the first round.

You think Campbell is a first round talent and yet most mocks I see have him going in the second round.

I'm not saying your opinion is less valid than anyone else's in particular but when the numbers add up so much against you I wonder what it is that those people are missing. Or more accurately what you are missing.

I don't think anyone is really MISSING ANYTHING. Hockenson has some great film and some people have put all there eggs in that basket with him because there certainly not putting it in his measurables or athletic numbers. A few years ago I probably would of done the same but once again with all the rule changes in the league ELITE SPEED IS AT A PREMIUM. The game is played differently then it was even 3-5 years ago. NO SPEED NO W''S"

I just do not see the value in taking Hockenson at 12 with what he would do for us. Jimmie Graham has more Length then Hockenson. M. Lewis is a better blocker then him and Tonyan is faster. There is not one thing Hockenson does or provides that he would be best at on our roster so it just makes zero sense for the Packers to invest so highly in him.

The Mock below I feel is the most accurate out there and not just as far as the Packers. As far as the Packers it has

1st Cody Ford, absolute stud who can play G or RT. ROADGRADDER

1st P. Campbell, Would be the most explosive Packer in franchise history

2nd Irv Smith, Not my favorite pick but would give LaFleur a versatile player in his scheme. I'd rather have C.Lindstrom here if available but would not complain about Smith in 2nd round.

3rd Winnovich, Take Germaine Pratt

That would be a GREAT HAUL. If we could get Germaine Pratt instead of Winnovich it might turn out to be the best Packer draft in recent memory.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019charlie.php

Members online