Vikings week 16 for all the marbles

H

HardRightEdge

Time to get rolling into the playoffs. He who puts it together wins.

For example, is Baltimore the team to beat in the AFC? I don't think so. It's Kansas City because their D is putting it together. Points surrendered in the last 5 games: 17, 9, 16, 3, 3.

In the case of the Packers, the offense needs to put together a good game against a good defense. It won't get easier in the playoffs.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
you got that right, i'm only a PITA a few posts a day for you guys. She has to live with me. Though I've had a change of plans. Got some bad news. My really great friend since college has been battling cancer, his wife just texted me an hour or so ago and he's not doing well. We've watched many packer viking battles, him being the viking fan and yet we coexisted. I'll be heading down to Madison right after work and hopefully catch another game with him.

keep those negative nancies in check in the shoutbox in my absence.

Drive safe and sorry to hear about your friend.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting stat: The Packers are 10-0 when forcing at least one turnover. We pick off Cousins, which we should at least twice....#1 Seed baby.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there was ever a time Aaron Rodgers needed to prove himself, it’s tonight. He has talked about the importance of striving for the #1 seed and in a year, I genuinely did not think playoffs would even be on the table, Aaron Rodgers has an opportunity to go on the road, against a division rival and get close to the #1 seed.
Vikings have punched their ticket and would need us to lose to the lions to change anything significant in their playoff status. The packers May have more to play for tonight and it’s time for Rodgers and company to put up. I have not been this excited for a football game in a long time. In 14 hours we are going to know if this is a super bowl contending team, or if this is another one of our losing playoff seasons.
AR is the last guy that needs to prove himself. He's having an amazing season with only one legitimate WR or TE. What other qb has a rating over 100 throwing to such a depleted roster? I'd finally like to see Jimmie Graham, Kevin King, or MVS prove themselves. How about Josh Jackson or Orin Burks or Rashon Gary making an impact.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
There WILL be available ******** in this house this Christmas, mark my words.
From experience I can tell you spruce and fir trees block the wind (and view) better than pines. Also if needed I've heard the cones are smaller, softer, and more numerous.
A couple of cases should be able to get me started.
Use the pines and leave the spruces for squatters.
I'm up 14 points and have Davante going for me... other team is done so unless Davante has like 8 fumbles I should be good.
Bench him. Play without a WR1.

Sky King

Reaction score
Biggest game of the year so far and I'll probably miss almost all of it. This is what I get for starting our main bath redo a week before Christmas :) I have painting and flooring in my future tonight so I can set vanity and sinks tomorrow morning. There WILL be available ******** in this house this Christmas, mark my words.

Watch the game. This could get you through the holidays:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Inactives:

Packers
Light
Sternberger
Brown
Hollman
Williams
Grant
Leglue

All players are healthy. Makes me wonder what's the outlook on Hollman in the future, maybe they're scared to play him because of that injury? Or is Chandon Sullivan that good?

Notable CBs selected after Hollman at 185th Overrall and their PFF Grades:

196th. Blessuan Austin(NYJ) - 71.4
201st. Rashad Fenton(KC) - 70.5
243. Nick Scott(LAR) - 66.9

UDFA Chandon Sullivan - 75.7

Granted the 6th Round is a crapshoot, so I guess we'll see. Props to Gute for finding a gem in Sullivan.

Vikings
Cook
Mattison
Samia
Mata'afa
Udoh
Holmes
Collins

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the Saints win yesterday I'd say all but made it official that we have to win tonight. I don't see them losing at all to the sucky Panthers next week.

Now of course we gotta hope the Seahawks don't lay an egg like they did against the Cardinals yesterday when they play SF. Problem is if we both end up 12-4, they got the TB on us.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings ruled out Cook for tomorrow's game, so there's that.

If the Packers are able to contain the Vikings running game I don't believe Cousins and their receivers will be able to put up decent numbers.

Well, the Vikings clinched a playoff spot with the Rams loss to the Niners.
The Vikings have a strong OL that can block for any of their runners. They will still play action and that makes it very ******* the back end. We would have to sell out on the pass and hope whatever we have up front could make a play.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We never lock the game thread. Just be nice to the loser fans. They have enough disappointment to deal with over the holidays. Be a gracious winner as Packer fans are reputed to be. IOWact like we've done this before.

My bad wrong thread. Lol I've been drinking.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brees is such a great guy, and congrats on his win tonight and breaking "nationwide is on your side's" record . speaking of which...we play on monday, too. will rodgers be that great guy, too, and score like brees or is it up to our D to disallow vikings a win? stay tuned!

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only having a great Christmas so far, but ... Yes I am going so far as to put our chances of winning it all as realistic if we keep playing like that on defense and can elevate the game on offense the way Rodgers speaks of.

Now ... we need just two more things to happen

1. We need to just get focused on finishing business in Detroit. They are a lousy team, but even without Stafford out there, I think they'll still want to get one more W out of the season. We just can't afford a slip up if we want either the 1 or 2 seed.

2. We need Seattle to win the NFC West next week. We win and they win ... That no. 1 seed is ours.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Not only having a great Christmas so far, but ... Yes I am going so far as to put our chances of winning it all as realistic if we keep playing like that on defense and can elevate the game on offense the way Rodgers speaks of.

Now ... we need just two more things to happen

1. We need to just get focused on finishing business in Detroit. They are a lousy team, but even without Stafford out there, I think they'll still want to get one more W out of the season. We just can't afford a slip up if we want either the 1 or 2 seed.

2. We need Seattle to win the NFC West next week. We win and they win ... That no. 1 seed is ours.
I'd rather have the #2 seed. Play NO in Lambeau in the winter after they take out Minn over SF. Let a healthier Seattle take out SF then come to GB.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'd rather have the #2 seed. Play NO in Lambeau in the winter after they take out Minn over SF. Let a healthier Seattle take out SF then come to GB.

No question.....I want the #1 seed. If we get that, it won't matter what happens elsewhere, as long as we win, we are at Lambeau. I do not want to go back to San Fran.

I also think we stand a good shot at getting the #1. We will be heavy favorites at Detroit and the 49'ers don't win very often in Seattle.

Members online

Latest posts