TT playing his cards right?

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, I questioned TT during the first days of Free Agency for not doing anything, but now he seems to becoming around. I'm glad he hasn't gone "all in" on any one player. The Browns, Vikings, and Redskins have been huge overspenders this offseason. TT still has a lot left in the bank to play around with. He seems to be making a move on Vinateri, which would be a great pick up. Re-signing Kampman was huge, along with bringing back Barry, Jenkins, and Ahman. Plus the pick ups of Pickett and Manuel.

But, what else do you think he will do. Will he improve the line, get a center or a guard? Pick up a WR?

There is still alot left, and I'm wondering will he try to do it with the draft or some FA pickups?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly believe he will get one of the 3 best guards available, my preference being Steve Neal from NE.

Also, I hope\expect a CB signing.

other than that, nothing too major. no big WRs WORTH spending on.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I honestly believe he will get one of the 3 best guards available, my preference being Steve Neal from NE.

Also, I hope\expect a CB signing.

other than that, nothing too major. no big WRs WORTH spending on.

Stephen Neal
Ht./Wt.: 6-4/305
Position: G

Born: 10/9/76, San Diego, CA.
College: Cal State Bakersfield.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game logs | Stat splits

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2006 scouting report
Strengths: Moves well and explodes off the ball. Gets to the second level, chop blocks effectively in the open field and excels on screens, pulls and traps. Sustains his blocks. Uses his hands well and plays with a good motor.
Weaknesses: Lacks experience and technique. Doesn’t always redirect well or handle countermoves vs. quick inside penetrators. Sometimes fails to play with leverage.

Bottom line: Neal isn’t a finished product, but he should eventually be able to cash in on his athleticism to become a solid starter.

Neal wouldn't be a bad pickup. However, if TT signs Flanagan, I don't know if he will spend money on a guard. Signing Flanagan would free up Scott Wells to play guard if needed.

Although I don't share your negative feelings about Carroll, we could use some help there. There isn't much depth behind harris and Carroll. I have high hopes for Mike Hawkins, but he might still a year away from being a major contributor.

Definitely no free agent WR's out there worth getting excited about, at least until after June 1.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet he goes after either Cato June or Julian Peterson. June would be more likely because Peterson will demand a huge contract.

I think TT is doing a very good job so far. He's building a team without throwing his money at a handfull of players.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it curious that he chose to be "out of town" when Vinatieri came for his visit.
You would think that with what could have been his biggest FA signing Teddy didn't even have enough interest to be there.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 keys left in this offseason:
1) OL
2) Kicker

I think we need at least one experienced guard for our OL to come together. We do have enough players that someone should be able to step up at the other OG spot. Wells is ready to be a starter at center, but needs to correct his long-snapping problems.

A solid kicker is critical. We lost several games last year due to missed FGs. Vinatieri is the easy/obvious choice here, but he isn't the only option. It seems fairly obvious that TT doesn't plan on overspending for a kicker, so I'm not confident that he will be a Packer. Therefore I think that TT has another plan to fill the position.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahaug82 said:
I bet he goes after either Cato June or Julian Peterson. June would be more likely because Peterson will demand a huge contract.

I think TT is doing a very good job so far. He's building a team without throwing his money at a handfull of players.

Cato is a restricted free agent. If the Colts don't match an offer, What would we have to give up?

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
ahaug82 said:

Cato is a restricted free agent. If the Colts don't match an offer, What would we have to give up?

Ah. I didn't realize he is a RFA. I guess I just read on here that he is a FA and I didn't even think about it. I did about 10 seconds of research now, and according to the first google listing, June's compensation is a 1st round pick.

So forget June. It's not happening. :p

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahaug82 said:
DePack said:
ahaug82 said:

Ah. I didn't realize he is a RFA. I guess I just read on here that he is a FA and I didn't even think about it. I did about 10 seconds of research now, and according to the first google listing, June's compensation is a 1st round pick.

So forget June. It's not happening. :p

Damn! That explains why he hasn't been signed.

OP
OP
P

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Neal went to college in my town, he was a wrestler and a beast. He didn't play football for years then he gets in the NFL right after his wrestling career is over. I think he would be a great pick up and as he gains expierence will be a top guard in the league.