Trade Deadline Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Montgomery was instructed not to return the kick if it went into the end zone. McCarthy made that clear several times in his interview. Montgomery made a selfish play trying to be a hero instead of following directions, and it cost us. I’m almost positive the Packers win that game had it not been for the STUPIDITY shown on Montgomery’s part. He knew the situation. I honestly see a guy who was probably upset that he wasn’t being used in the game much and he wanted to show the staff...hey, I can make a play. Well the play cost us. There is no logical reason he can give as to why he bought the ball out. NONE.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are right, there was not an automatic win if he kneels in the end-zone but the best chance of scoring was to let Rodgers take it at the 25 with 2 minutes and 1 time out. Montgomery took the risk on a low percentage play and it failed. Did a coach directly tell him "Don't bring it out" because if that's what happened then he should fear for his job. If a coach failed to do this then I think that coach should fear for his job. Personally, I would cut someone at this point just to send a message. The gazelles never run as fast as right after a lion culls one of the herd.

Mm said in no uncertain terms in his press conference that Monty was told to kneel it if it was in the end zone. Bostick was cut for disobeying orders, so I say dumpster Monty should have the same fate.

Bro what game was you watching? So that Saftey that changed the whole momentum of the game was a good call? on the half yard line in a single back formation you run it with no lead blocker? Come on man. They punt on like the 40-50 yard line and you line the DB 15 yards off the wide out and in scouting report and game film you know their punter can throw the ball. Come on man!

Wait you don't like that MM ran the ball there? Funny all I been hearing lately is that he doesn't run it enough.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree to lay it all on one player when others did or didn't do things either.

Like what? What more should they have done? They could have put up 30 on one of the best defenses and held one of the best offenses to 27 points. It was by far the single biggest play turning a winnable game into a loss.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They could have put 2 lead blockers back there. The offensive line was beaten so badly it just would have put more bodies in the end zone. Instead of 2 yards deep they would have tackled him 3 yards deep lol.

We are not a power running team. We run because they play pass or we get them moving in a certain direction and crest creases. We don’t line up and drive anyone.

Anyway, it was like the 1 foot line. Sometimes bad **** happens there. For the most part I think they overcame it as a team

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It's Aaron Rodgers. We were going to win if Montgomery takes a knee.

We were. The whole stage was set perfectly. People can nit pick this and that but give me Rodgers down by two with two mins to go to win with a fresh set of downs at the 25 any time. Offense had picked up momentum too.

Before this game anyone would of taken those circumstances on the road against the Rams. If they tell you different there lying.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I'm sure it was said.

Much like bostick in the Seattle debacle..

Can tell a player what to do, but if they have a mental fart, thats not on coach

Agree 100% I’m one of the biggest McCarthy haters on the site...and not a big fan of Zook. But I can’t fault them for Montgomery performing a selfish act and trying to make a play when he was instructed not to.

McCarthy is to blame for the safety and the wasted timeouts...as well as having for drives that netted less than 30 yds.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Can someone explain how we are awarded an automatic win if not for Monty's blunder?
:rolleyes:

It’s not an “automatic win”. It’s being deprived of an opportunity to go out and ATTEMPT to win the game.

Mercy.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It’s not an “automatic win”. It’s being deprived of an opportunity to go out and ATTEMPT to win the game.

Mercy.
And where would you put your money with 2:05 remaining, a timeout, and Aaron Rodgers needing about 50 yards in 4 down territory? I know where my money is. I guarantee you the Rams were very worried.

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like what? What more should they have done? They could have put up 30 on one of the best defenses and held one of the best offenses to 27 points. It was by far the single biggest play turning a winnable game into a loss.
Make good throws.
Maike the catches.
Make the holes for the running back.
Stop them on a fake punt.
Stop them when we play D.
If everything isn't clicking right on both O and D with each team member we lose.
I'm not going to agree to just blame one player for a loss when this is a team sport and not a solo one like golf or tennis.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mm said in no uncertain terms in his press conference that Monty was told to kneel it if it was in the end zone. Bostick was cut for disobeying orders, so I say dumpster Monty should have the same fate.

Wait you don't like that MM ran the ball there? Funny all I been hearing lately is that he doesn't run it enough.
running the ball is not the problem but knowing what youre up against is, in that situation against the rams front you do not run straight up the middle without a lead blocker. That was the turning point of the game. Everyone wants to just put it off on TY but MM was out coached AGAIN and i hope MM cant sleep tonight Mcvay showed him how to adjust in game.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree 100% I’m one of the biggest McCarthy haters on the site...and not a big fan of Zook. But I can’t fault them for Montgomery performing a selfish act and trying to make a play when he was instructed not to.

McCarthy is to blame for the safety and the wasted timeouts...as well as having for drives that netted less than 30 yds.
Same here. Monty's play was his play. Doesn't excuse some of the other questionable decisions (clock management again). Doesn't excuse the inability to counter adjust to the Rams adjustments.

Not pinning this thread or play outcome ditectly to MM. But again, end of the day...

Every week, we have another excuse for why this team found a way to lose/underperform. When is it his turn to be held accountable?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make good throws.
Maike the catches.
If everything isn't clicking right on both O and D with each team member we lose.
I'm not going to agree to just blame one player for a loss when this is a team sport and not a solo one like golf or tennis.

Oh, okay. So because the rest of the team wasn't perfect against another professional football team, that excuses one of the DUMBEST decisions in recent memory. Gotcha!

Now back to reality. Nobody is blaming one person for a loss. Frankly, I'm very happy with they played overall. But Montgomery is absolutely 100% responsible for not giving Rodgers a chance to win with 2 minutes remaining. Do you refute THAT?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Mercy.

This, we may have had a turnover on the way to try and attempt the game winning FG. But I'd say we'd all have liked our chances with the ball in the hands of our hall of fame QB to do it. And dumpster Monty was too dumb to allow that to happen.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
running the ball is not the problem but knowing what youre up against is, in that situation against the rams front you do not run straight up the middle without a lead blocker. That was the turning point of the game. Everyone wants to just put it off on TY but MM was out coached AGAIN and i hope MM cant sleep tonight Mcvay showed him how to adjust in game.
MM got out coached but it was Ty’s blunder on the field that cost us...

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM got out coached but it was Ty’s blunder on the field that cost us...
How did he get out-coached? I think the Packers proved they are improving with a ton of youth on both sides of the ball and they were every bit the match for the Rams today.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, okay. So because the rest of the team wasn't perfect against another professional football team, that excuses one of the DUMBEST decisions in recent memory. Gotcha!

Now back to reality. Nobody is blaming one person for a loss. Frankly, I'm very happy with they played overall. But Montgomery is absolutely 100% responsible for not giving Rodgers a chance to win with 2 minutes remaining. Do you refute THAT?
I expected us to lose so I guess I'm not just as uptight about this as a lot of you are.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Make good throws.
Maike the catches.

Blame Montgomery or dont but the bottom line is if you lose the turnover battle on the road against a power house team like the Rams your probably gonna lose.

Guess what happened? And that turnover could of been easily avoided which makes the pill that much tougher to swallow.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would have to hope either Montgomery or zook are gone depending on whose fault it actually was. Not only does that play change the game but the landscape of the NFC. If you are allowed to make a mistake of that magnitude (either person) and still have your job what's the motivation for the rest of the team?

We shouldn't even be discussing firing Zook. His coverage schemes have been excellent and that's the most important thing from your special teams by far.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who's on your "sell" list after today?

Here's mine (independent of any likelihood or real chance, just who is expendable and appealing to other teams)

- Clay
-Perry
- 1 of the TEs, preferrably graham
- Clinton Dix
- Tramon
-Dare I say it... Cobb
- kiser
-Bulaga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online