Trade Deadline Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be a little fair, Monty was only about two yards deep in the end zone, not seven or eight as some have made it seem. Regardless, is was still a stupid decision to run the ball out and take the ball out of Rodgers's hands.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless his name rhymes with Melvin Fester, that ball had zero reason to be brought out of the end zone. None. Has soon as I saw them kick it in the end zone I thought the Rams mad a mistake. Monty said, “hold my beer”

Kj32kid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean, we had the game in the bag. Literally the same situation we were in a week ago against the 49ers. And you bring it out, why? Because you get no Play time? You want to be the hero? Despicable decision. Meanwhile, The BEARS moved up to 4-3. Wtf is going on here?!

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If ty was told anything but to down the ball immediately, that coach needs to go.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn’t just TY, but we were out coached. Rams didn’t even have a good game and still pulled off the victory.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Ty usually is much starter than this on KO returns, I always questioned whyhe is returning them when there are faster guys who can make more yards,he put the game in his hands instead of No 12....

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I have been trying to come up with ONE possible reason why it would be a good idea to take the ball out of the end zone. The absolute best case scenario is Ty montgomery (who is easily one of the slowest kick returners in the NFL) scores a touchdown. And then you give the Rams the ball back with two full minutes to play. That would have been the best outcome of him taking the ball out of the endzone. That’s almost a worst case scenario in itself.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be a little fair, Monty was only about two yards deep in the end zone, not seven or eight as some have made it seem. Regardless, is was still a stupid decision to run the ball out and take the ball out of Rodgers's hands.

I can understand hoping you break a good return, but the one thing you can't do is turn it over. The smart play, as all have said, is to down it and take it at the 25. Run a play and get a 2:00 timeout. I've been an MM supporter, there are some things he does well, but it's time to move on from him. Man, I'm disappointed Rodgers and offense didn't get the one last chance.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That’s on Zook. Gather them up and explain the situation. Tell him to stay in the endzone so we have the 2 min warning. Joke.
And I'm sure it was said.

Much like bostick in the Seattle debacle..

Can tell a player what to do, but if they have a mental fart, thats not on coach

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn’t just TY, but we were out coached. Rams didn’t even have a good game and still pulled off the victory.
There was a reason they didn’t have a good game. Mostly be cause we contained Gurley for most of it and Alexander was everywhere.

Kj32kid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just sick. We have a good enough run game with Jones and Williams. It's time to move on from Monty. Thank you for your service, have a nice career.

Kj32kid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a reason they didn’t have a good game. Mostly be cause we contained Gurley for most of it and Alexander was everywhere.
I love Alexander. Talk about an answer to the prayers of Packers fans everywhere. We couldn't have asked for a better corner...

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can understand hoping you break a good return, but the one thing you can't do is turn it over. The smart play, as all have said, is to down it and take it at the 25. Run a play and get a 2:00 timeout. I've been an MM supporter, there are some things he does well, but it's time to move on from him. Man, I'm disappointed Rodgers and offense didn't get the one last chance.
I've been a MM supporter as well, until a few weeks ago. This team will not make the playoffs again this year and MM will be let go after the season. At least he should but you never know with this organization. I would hope Gutey is smarter than that. Thirteen years is a long time to coach in one place. He is starting to wear thin on this team. Sometimes changes just need to be made to steer the ship back on track.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zook needs to be gone first Special teams have been playing like special needs Too many stupid penalties, putting offense in long situations, and now costing games. Zook definitely should be fired tonight.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. He hasn't been relevant since Jones and Williams joined the squad. What are we indulging him for?

Running back depth. If used properly he is actually an asset. He has generally blocked well on blitz pick up. He is little bit of a run threat and real receiving threat. It would be pretty harsh to cut him for this. We may need him in a few weeks if Jones gets hurt. Of course, since we don't really like to use Jones very much perhaps that isn't a big risk.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Running back depth. If used properly he is actually an asset. He has generally blocked well on blitz pick up. He is little bit of a run threat and real receiving threat. It would be pretty harsh to cut him for this. We may need him in a few weeks if Jones gets hurt. Of course, since we don't really like to use Jones very much perhaps that isn't a big risk.
He was in for pass pro when Rodgers was sacked today so don’t give me that garbage, did not pick up blitz

Kj32kid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand. I just can't wrap my head around it. You have to know these situations. It was almost selfish of him to bring it out and not give the offense a fighting chance.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd give JW all the carries before I let dumpster fire Monty ever touch that ball again.

Lawdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another special teams blunder. I made a post a few weeks back calling for ST coach Ron Zook"s head. I know Zook can only coach but at some point someone has to be held accountable. Unfortunately the position coach is held accountable except in Green Bay.

Ty Montgomery went to Stanford. Montgomery knows he won't out run anyone so the decision to bring the ball out is just mind blowing. Montgomery decision was fatal to this team. This game was here for the taking.

At this point Montgomery is just taking reps from Jones and Williams who in my opinion are much better backs. I thought Montgomery would turn out to be a good WR. I just don't know what role Montgomery plays.

If anyone is waiting for McCarthy to do anything you will be waiting a while.

Frustrated.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was in for pass pro when Rodgers was sacked today so don’t give me that garbage, did not pick up blitz

Yes, that was a bad play. He's made lots of good ones in similar situations this year. He's better at picking up the blitz than Jones. It's just a fact. Whether that's enough reason to keep him on the roster is another question.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yeah that was disaster finish and makes me sick. Not only did he take it out but he was carrying the ball like a loaf of bread way out from his body in heavy traffic. Just a total unexcusable play in that situation.

Just a total disaster. This is a real tough loss any way you cut it. Coming off a bye and then losing like this with NE coming up next at Foxboro might be too much to overcome.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah that was disaster finish and makes me sick. Not only did he take it out but he was carrying the ball like a loaf of bread way out from his body in heavy traffic. Just a total unexcusable play in that situation.

Just a total disaster. This is a real tough loss any way you cut it. Coming off a bye and then losing like this with NE coming up next at Foxboro might be too much to overcome.

I think NE is beatable. They're not as good as in years past. But this team -- which could have been coming in on a high from knocking off an undefeated team -- will now come in having blown a game they should have won. Next week is a character week. They either come back and play twice as hard or this season will just about be a write-off.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, that was a bad play. He's made lots of good ones in similar situations this year. He's better at picking up the blitz than Jones. It's just a fact. Whether that's enough reason to keep him on the roster is another question.

Aaron Jones had a way better game than dumpster Monty in all three RB phases.

I don't want to hear any more garbage about Monty being a good pass blocker EVER!! He's almost single-handedly tanked this offense as bad as Hundley did last year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.