Toronto to Green Bay - Dec.9th - ADVICE PLEASE!!!!

PackFanCanada

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, I live in Toronto, Canada - I have never been to an NFL game and I don't know how everything works - sports games are a little different up here ;) I am trying to arrange a trip for my husband for his 30th birthday to go to Green Bay to see his beloved Packers play Detroit on Dec 9th. He has been a die-hard fan since he was little, bought a share in the team, teaches our little girls about football, but he has never been out to see a game :( So I'm trying to do this as a surprise and I have no idea what to do! If someone could PLEASE help me I would greatly appreciate it!
What seats should I be picking? How much do tickets usually go for?
I guess I don't really understand tailgating - do I have to buy tickets for that too? (Packers Fan Tours has some package to buy game tickets that includes their tailgate party...) *FYI we don't do tailgating up here in Toronto, so I've never even been part of one. A small explanation could help! lol
Is it better to book a hotel that's within walking distance to the field? Or is it better to cab it?
Anything else I'm missing? Something he should definitely do/see when he's there?

I hope I've posted this in the right place - I'm new to this too!!!
Thanks All!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I deleted your other one..This one is in right spot

http://www.packerforum.com/forums/the-green-bay-life.16/

there is a ton of help there

I prefer middle rows..in the 40's you see more action. I never bought any tickets other then regular priced ones from my brother who has season tickets.

So not sure what the prices could be now? some sites at least 150$ a ticket for way up in the end zone..

Packer tour is a tailgating thing they have for their customers...That might be best route for 1st timer..This way you get eveything you want and need, so next time you know what you like??? Again not sure as I never did that

Parking lot has lot of tailgaters that is free...Most are friendly and will maybe let you have some food of drinks.

If you dont have a hotel room now, might be hard to find one close for walking..

Others here (or on the gb life forum) will have better advice on cab, or walking.

OP
OP
P

PackFanCanada

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok thanks so much! I felt like a loser when I scrolled down further and saw that other group and then couldn't delete my post! Ahh!

As for tickets: I found section 118 row 47 for $278 a ticket...that's through the buy/sell tickets link from packers.com. Is that too much? I figured I should get him good seats with a good view so he really enjoys everything! Is 118 on the Packer's side?

Thanks for the tailgating info - I assumed it was just a bunch of fans getting pumped for the game. But tickets for the other tailgate party would mean he could eat/drink without mooching off of others! lol

I did find hotel rooms still available at The Best Western - but I will take your advice and ask in the other forum!
Thanks again for your help!

M

Mr Pickle

First off, I live in Toronto, Canada - I have never been to an NFL game and I don't know how everything works - sports games are a little different up here ;) I am trying to arrange a trip for my husband for his 30th birthday to go to Green Bay to see his beloved Packers play Detroit on Dec 9th. He has been a die-hard fan since he was little, bought a share in the team, teaches our little girls about football, but he has never been out to see a game :( So I'm trying to do this as a surprise and I have no idea what to do! If someone could PLEASE help me I would greatly appreciate it!
What seats should I be picking? How much do tickets usually go for?
I guess I don't really understand tailgating - do I have to buy tickets for that too? (Packers Fan Tours has some package to buy game tickets that includes their tailgate party...) *FYI we don't do tailgating up here in Toronto, so I've never even been part of one. A small explanation could help! lol
Is it better to book a hotel that's within walking distance to the field? Or is it better to cab it?
Anything else I'm missing? Something he should definitely do/see when he's there?

I hope I've posted this in the right place - I'm new to this too!!!
Thanks All!

There's a Days Inn close to the field, it has an indoor pool and is pretty nice. Book EARLY... If you can get this hotel it's an all inclusive visit.... The Stadium Tavern is the place./.. I'm sure you'll be able to get a table at Favre's Steakhouse ( the windows are probably boarded up by now). I've been there 3 times (Lambeau) and lucky enough to have friends that have season tickets since the Ice Bowl. They are first row on the goal line right where the Pack comes out of the tunnel (not bragging ;) You'll love it, it's the best place in the world Dude! Enjoy! Look into that Days Inn though iit will make things very easy.....