They won't win without Rodgers

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recorded today's Packers vs Lions game so that me and my gal could watch it later.
I checked the final score and we decided that it would be a waste of time so we're not even going to bother watching.

That's it.
I'm joining with others who are throwing in the towel on this season.
Our only shot at even a dream at this season's playoffs is Packers winning every single game while Bears and Lions go on big losing streaks.
But right now, I don't see that happening.
This is just not our year and it's going to take a lot of solutions and changes in the off season to give us a winning one next year.
IMO starting with somehow preventing more injuries and a better defense.
And I have no clue why Mike keeps Capers around. I dunno if he alone is the problem, but there has to be something big to change that.

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recorded today's Packers vs Lions game so that me and my gal could watch it later.
I checked the final score and we decided that it would be a waste of time so we're not even going to bother watching.

That's it.. Go
Our only shot at even a dream at this season's playoffs is Packers winning every single game while Bears and Lions go on big losing streaks.
This is just not our year and it's going to take a lot of solutions and changes in the off season to give us a winning one next year.
And I have no clue why Mike keeps Capers around. I dunno if he alone is the problem, but there has to be something big to change that.

I'm not giving up, however unlikely, until they are mathematically done. Go Pack!

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
The way the Lions D'line DOMINATED the packers O'line, I just looked at my tv and said (You have got to be "SITTON" me)…..

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM needs to go he is wasting Rodgers best years who could be the best QB in the NFL with an above average OC like Joe Philbin... And lest not talk about Capers, is a mystery how he still have a job with the Packers

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
MM needs to go he is wasting Rodgers best years who could be the best QB in the NFL with an above average OC like Joe Philbin... And lest not talk about Capers, is a mystery how he still have a job with the Packers
Lol how did MM waste Rodgers in this game or in the last 4 games? Haha

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
O btw philbin is the HC in Miami he's been gone 2 years now...

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The season is lost. That was the worst display I've seen in twenty years. How a team can get beat that bad with everything on the line like that I don't understand ? Rodgers and Cobb should not play until they are 100%, if at all this year. If it hadn't been for the takeaways we may have lost by 50. Complete and and total collapse.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers win their remaining four games, they don't need the Lions and Bears to "go on big losing streaks." If the Packers win out, they simply need the Lions to finish no better than 2-2 in their remaining four games while the Bears need to lose one out of their next four games before they play the Packers in week 17.

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O btw philbin is the HC in Miami he's been gone 2 years now...
really? thats why Rodgers was MVP with Philbin and not the next year with him gone, my point is that doesn't take a defensive mastermind to figure out MM gameplan: Run, run, pass on third and long, punt.... Of course with Rodgers thats easy with any other QB not so much

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
really? thats why Rodgers was MVP with Philbin and not the next year with him gone, my point is that doesn't take a defensive mastermind to figure out MM gameplan: Run, run, pass on third and long, punt.... Of course with Rodgers thats easy with any other QB not so much
First in ur original post it sounded like you didn't know philbin was gone
"
mor4les said:
MM needs to go he is wasting Rodgers best years who could be the best QB in the NFL with an above average OC like Joe Philbin... And lest not talk about Capers, is a mystery how he still have a job with the Packers"
Also who was a key person bringing Rodgers to GB? O ya MM because he didn't get him on SF

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rodgers played well last year and when he played this year. If MVP is your standard for good QB play, then at least 31 QB's aren't good every year...

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Also so if a QB wins MVP one year he has to win it every year after he wins it once?

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you saying you could do better? And that Rodgers should be MVP every year?
lol So Im only able to have an opinion about somenthing if im able to do it at a the heights level? So I cant say twilight is a ****** movie if I dont have a couple of academy awards? thats makes sense

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
lol So Im only able to have an opinion about somenthing if im able to do it at a the heights level? So I cant say twilight is a ****** movie if I dont have a couple of academy awards? thats makes sense
Well you said Rodgers was MVP with philbin and then wasn't w/o him...so do u really think without MM Rodgers would be MVP every year? And I know I couldn't be a coach so therefore I don't rag on them I don't know what they go through...so I ask u again do u really think u could do better at coaching and that Rodgers would be MVP every year without MM?

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simply there is no way the Packers will be going to the playoffs this year, the best i'm at lest hoping for is a winning record so it wont seem the whole season was a complete waste. But the chants are growing louder with each passing day demanding that Capers is fired.

narmer2000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simply there is no way the Packers will be going to the playoffs this year, the best i'm at lest hoping for is a winning record so it wont seem the whole season was a complete waste. But the chants are growing louder with each passing day demanding that Capers is fired.
The same could be said for the OLine coaches...when you can't give a qb even one we in I don't care who you are the offense is going nowhere

Reaction score

That's it.

Wise decision not to watch, FF. I wouldn't know where to begin. Our D looked like they chose to play "flag" football again this week and I doubt anybody on this OL could block Charles Nelson Reilly > dead OR alive. Just got punched in the mouth for the entire 60 minutes and the score could have (should have) been much worse.

Here are a few glaring statistics: How about that "24" yards rushing? Brutal performance today.

First downs: GB 7 Det 30
3rd down conversions: GB 2-10 Det 9-12
Plays: GB 42 Det 79
Sacks - yds lost: GB 7-37 Det 1-10
Rushing: GB 24 :mad: Det 241
Passing: GB 102 Det 320
Total yds: GB 126 Det 561
Time of poss: GB 19:34 Det 40:26

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As always, with each year, my hopes are for the Packers to be one of two opponents in the Super Bowl.
Since that isn't looking very likely or, heck, even one playoff game I'm going to hope for the next best thing.
And that is to beat the Bears with a healthy Air-Run at Soldier Field and either taking or keeping Da Bears out of the playoffs.
Even if it ends up being a meaningless game for Da Bears, I still want some sweet revenge from our boys.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wise decision not to watch, FF. I wouldn't know where to begin. Our D looked like they chose to play "flag" football again this week and nobody on this OL couldn't block Charles Nelson Reilly. Just got punched in the mouth for the entire 60 minutes and the score could have (should have) been much worse.

Here are a few glaring statistics: How about that "24" yards rushing? Brutal performance today.

First downs: GB 7 Det 30
3rd down conversions: GB 2-10 Det 9-12
Plays: GB 42 Det 79
Sacks - yds lost: GB 7-37 Det 1-10
Rushing: GB 24 :mad: Det 241
Passing: GB 102 Det 320
Total yds: GB 126 Det 561
Time of poss: GB 19:34 Det 40:26
And add in another nail to the coffin with a sack and safety on Flynn. Right?

Thanx for that.
And funny that you mention Charles Nelson Reilly. (Who I love watching on re-runs of the classic game show, Match Game.)
You do realize that he has passed away, yes?
Which makes your point all that more noted.

Reaction score
And add in another nail to the coffin with a sack and safety on Flynn. Right?

Thanx for that.
And funny that you mention Charles Nelson Reilly. (Who I love watching on re-runs of the classic game show, Match Game.)
You do realize that he has passed away, yes?
Which makes your point all that more noted.

Yeah, the sack on Flynn.....Geeze!

I didn't watch that show on a regular basis. CNR died about 5 years or so ago, I think. Actually, I stole that "Charles Nelson Reilly block" gem from a fellow Packer buddy who said that about our OL. :)A LOT of injuries, I know, but this has been an ongoing problem now for a few years.

Latest posts