THE OFFICAL BRETT FAVRE GOOD BYE AND APPRECIATION THREAD***

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steve Sabol was on NFLN talking about this and he basically said what made Favre "Favre" was the fact that he had the courage to make plays that he didn't know would succeed or not. He's different from those robo-QBs that are scouted and coached in detail.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember best a handful of plays...

His first GAME winning TD pass to Kittrick Taylor vs the Bengals in 1992.
HIs record setting 99 yard Bomb to Brooks vs the Bears in 1995?.
His Rope to Sterling Sharpe that set the Packers up for the Winning score vs the Saints (1993?)
His TD run vs Atlanta in the 4th quarter... 1994?
Greg Jennings TD in OT vs Denver (2007)
GIVING the record tieing sack to Strahan...
The TD bomb to Freeman and Rison in the SB vs the Pats.

By golly, I guess I remember more than I thought... sniff.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: THE OFFICAL BRETT FAVRE GOOD BYE AND APPRECIATION THREAD

He played for the Packers since I was 5 years old. He's been my sports hero for over a decade. I watched him break the record in Minnesota this year. I wore his jersey proudly every weekend. He and the rest of the Pack blessed us with an amazing '07 campaign.

It's gonna be hard to watch the Packers without him, it's all I've ever done.

Thanks for the great years Brett. You're number one all-time in my book.

yea i hear ya I'm 20 so only QB i have ever seen for the packers is Favre and it kills me inside to think ill never see him again behind center.

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm surprised. Very. I never even thought of it after the season we/he had last year. I mean the years previous I could have seen as they were pretty bad on a terrible team. But this comes as complete shock as we are definitely contenders next season.

Part of me is kind of happy though. The team is young we should really be building around another QB now so it's time to move on and see if Rodgers can take the bull by the horns.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't get to see him live at Lambeau, but I did at Soldier field, and while his gunslinging ways may have annoyed me at times, there's nothing more jaw dropping than watching Favre throw a 15 yard bullet between 3 defenders for a 1st down.

good luck in broadcasting.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

I've only seen him live at Giants stadium. :cry:
But I did go this year when the Packers won! :p

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a sad day! I assume the feeling was similar when Starr retired as well but this is different...

I named my son after this guy b/c of the player-person Brett was/is. I was planning on taking him to Lambeau for his first game next season so he could see him play in person. My Brett is 4 years old.

Thanks for the memories Brett Favre. It was an unbelievable run.

jbroad70

Cheesehead
Reaction score

brett is a living legend and the best ever to play the game. i'm really bummed and will miss watching him play. brett favre IS football!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Brett, for all the great memories. We may never be the same again. There is going to be a whole new look for the Packer organization.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my favorite memory has been shared here before but for the new guys/girls, i'll share it one more time.

i was a poster on brett's website & got to know the guys who run the website. thru the course of conversation, they all knew my dad was in the last stages of his battle with cancer. i decided to have a HUGE 70th birthday party for him. the guys on the site found out about it & told brett. i got a message from one of them asking if it would be ok if brett sent my dad a birthday letter. we got the letter the day of my dad's party. my mom called me crying & said i had to read it out loud that nite at the party. so, in front of well over 100 people, i read the letter to my dad. i don't think there was a dry eye in the place & brett made even MORE fans that evening. one month later, my dad was gone. i then received a couple private messages from brett expressing his sympathy & telling me he knew how i felt after losing his own dad & to hold onto the memories. the letter from brett was framed & placed near my dad's casket during the visitation & funeral.

oh geez - now i'm ready to cry. :(

MplsPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True. The Packers will never, ever be the same again. Brett was unique in every way as an NFL player, and it's what made him the legend that he is today. He help put Green Bay back on the map as one of the greatest NFL franchises of all time. Not many NFL franchises are fortunate enough to have a leader like Brett carry the load for almost two decades. And to do it at the highest level is even more amazing... 3 MVP's, 2 Superbowls, 1 Superbowl win, the most 30+ TD pass-seasons, only one season with a losing record, and almost all of the NFL career passing records. He was one of the best ever, and we were fortunate he was on our team. Thanks Brett. It will be a long time before anyone can do what you did for the Green Bay Packers.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It will be hard to imagine the Packers without #4, as he has been the only QB I can remember for them. Thanks for the wins, championships and Super Bowl, and congrats on the records and MVP's.

Without a doubt, I will be the old man down the road that brags, I got to see him play live. Thanks, Brett.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get to watch him fireman-carry Donald Driver or stumble off his back foot as he throws a TD. Watching football is going to be completely different now.

FAVRE FOREVER

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It will be hard to imagine the Packers without #4, as he has been the only QB I can remember for them. Thanks for the wins, championships and Super Bowl, and congrats on the records and MVP's.

Without a doubt, I will be the old man down the road that brags, I got to see him play live. Thanks, Brett.
Hell yeah! I was at the Metrodome this year when he took #421! I was there baby.

vipercwf

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Favre - Thanks for all the great memories. You will ALWAYS be my idol and hero!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

my favorite memory has been shared here before but for the new guys/girls, i'll share it one more time.

i was a poster on brett's website & got to know the guys who run the website. thru the course of conversation, they all knew my dad was in the last stages of his battle with cancer. i decided to have a HUGE 70th birthday party for him. the guys on the site found out about it & told brett. i got a message from one of them asking if it would be ok if brett sent my dad a birthday letter. we got the letter the day of my dad's party. my mom called me crying & said i had to read it out loud that nite at the party. so, in front of well over 100 people, i read the letter to my dad. i don't think there was a dry eye in the place & brett made even MORE fans that evening. one month later, my dad was gone. i then received a couple private messages from brett expressing his sympathy & telling me he knew how i felt after losing his own dad & to hold onto the memories. the letter from brett was framed & placed near my dad's casket during the visitation & funeral.

oh geez - now i'm ready to cry. :(

Stuff like that is more important than the games.