THE OFFICAL BRETT FAVRE GOOD BYE AND APPRECIATION THREAD***

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: THE OFFICAL BRETT FAVRE GOOD BYE AND APPRECIATION THREAD

Blue 58 Blue 58... :cry:

Yeah his classic count in call. I'll always remember Blue 58 Blue 58... I've watched him since 1995 when he was still a young buck with tons left to give. Seems like just yesterday and now all of a sudden he's 38 an retired.

I'll never forget Favre. He will be the guy I grew up watching and the best player I got to watch on any of my favorite sports teams. Everyone that grew up in his era especially as a teenage fan will remember him. No matter who the next QB is moving forward it wont be the same as Brett Favre.

TNPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching Brett play was a pleasure to watch, he made the game fun. Even when they lost, I was never upset with his play because I knew he gave it 100% and never dogged it. When he made mistakes, I would always just grin and shake my head, because I knew for every INT, fumble, or bonehead mistake he made, there would be 10 TDs or some other big or miraculous play that would have me screaming "Did you see that!"
Whenever I began thinking about the ultimate pro team, I use to begin with Walter Payton(RIP), now Walter is my 2nd pick. And Brett gave us all something that I thought I would have never seen when I was watching the Packers in the 70's and 80's, a Super Bowl win. Good Luck and God Bless!

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also I still have NFL football 94 on the Sega Genesis which is actually dated in 1993. So I'll always have that game to remember the beginning by...

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Watching Brett play was a pleasure to watch, he made the game fun. Even when they lost, I was never upset with his play because I knew he gave it 100% and never dogged it. When he made mistakes, I would always just grin and shake my head, because I knew for every INT, fumble, or bonehead mistake he made, there would be 10 TDs or some other big or miraculous play that would have me screaming "Did you see that!"
Whenever I began thinking about the ultimate pro team, I use to begin with Walter Payton(RIP), now Walter is my 2nd pick. And Brett gave us all something that I thought I would have never seen when I was watching the Packers in the 70's and 80's, a Super Bowl win. Good Luck and God Bless!

I too would put Wallie at #2. Wallie never ran out of bounds. he never complained. He was loved by everyone, even those of us who hate da Bears.

As for Favre, yeah. I'm so sick of the Favre bashing. Favre gave us results. Would you rather have a guy who makes zero mistakes but produces zero TDs? Of course not, unless you're smoking crack.

Favre has the most TD passes ever and the most yards ever. Most importantly, he has the most wins ever. No one can argue those stats. Favre helped us win games when we had no running game and a mediocre defense.

My only regret is we couldn't stop the run against the Broncos. It's sad we were only able to win one SB with Favre. That's one reason I was hoping he'd come back for one more year. Go out on top.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I finally kind of shook off the shock of his retirement long enough to come into this thread and post something.

All I can say is THANKS. It's been a great ride. I may not have loved every minute of it but it was more exciting than I could have imagined. I wouldn't trade a minute of it.

Kyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching him play for 15 years, I kinda feel like I know the guy. That being said, today is a very sad day. GBP football just won't ever be the same. Good luck in your future endeavors Brett. You are a living legend and will forever be an icon to NFL fans everywhere. We all have so many Sunday memories thanks to you. Thanks for everything!

favreisdaman

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i feel like someone punched me in the nuts again!!!!
thanks brett ,for being an insption to me and my son, we will never forget you..... thanks so much for the memories

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still can't believe it, but I guess it is officialy a start of a new Era in Packers history. As for Brett... no QB can replace him.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This made me feel a little better. Posted from a friend I have never met.

Her Diary

March 4th, 2008

Tuesday night I thought he was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a bar to have a drink. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment.Conversation wasn’t flowing so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk, he agreed but he kept quiet and absent. I asked him what was wrong he said nothing. I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said it had nothing to do with me and not to worry.

On the way home I told him that I loved him, he simply smiled and kept driving. I can’t explain his behavior; I don’t know why he didn’t say I love you too.

When we got home I felt as if had lost him, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there and watched T.V. he seemed distant and absent.

Finally I decided to go to bed, about 10 minutes later he came to bed and to my surprise he responded to my caress and we made love, but I still felt that he was distracted and his thoughts where somewhere else. I decided that I could not take it anymore so I decided to confront him with the situation but he had fallen asleep. I started crying and cried until I too fell asleep. I don’t know what to do, I’m almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.

His Diary

March 4th, 2008

Today Brett Favre retired, but at least I got laid.

Classic.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my favorite memory has been shared here before but for the new guys/girls, i'll share it one more time.

i was a poster on brett's website & got to know the guys who run the website. thru the course of conversation, they all knew my dad was in the last stages of his battle with cancer. i decided to have a HUGE 70th birthday party for him. the guys on the site found out about it & told brett. i got a message from one of them asking if it would be ok if brett sent my dad a birthday letter. we got the letter the day of my dad's party. my mom called me crying & said i had to read it out loud that nite at the party. so, in front of well over 100 people, i read the letter to my dad. i don't think there was a dry eye in the place & brett made even MORE fans that evening. one month later, my dad was gone. i then received a couple private messages from brett expressing his sympathy & telling me he knew how i felt after losing his own dad & to hold onto the memories. the letter from brett was framed & placed near my dad's casket during the visitation & funeral.

oh geez - now i'm ready to cry. :(

Post of the day. :thumbsup:

I lost my Dad to cancer last August 27 6:24 AM :cry: but who is counting. :kickcan:

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I didn't really believe it when someone told me, because I was so sure he would come back. However, He had a great career and was a great contribution to the Pack in his career. As packer fans we've followed his career through the ups and downs, Its going to be different watching the Pack without # 4. I cant wait to see what Aaron Rodgers can do.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well all i'll say is Brett got my love for NFL football and GB Packers started. I found the playoff loss very tough to take and now this. It's been great being here but I'll probably be gone for a while. My heart already wasn't in it after the loss to the Giants and I expected once Brett anounced he'd be back I'd start getting fired up again. I guess this kinda shows what he means to me. Hopefully by training camp or the season my passion will be back and so will I. Peace to BRett and I hope you love your retirement as much as you loved playing

PackFanTrav

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never got to see him play at home but had the privilege seeing him 4 times in Minnesota. I will never forget Seeing TD 426 and the Pack beating up the Vikings on Christmas eve. They were two of the greatest moments of my life. Thanks Brett!

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A great story from ESPN on Brett and Jim McMahon before the Superbowl. Now there is a trivia question.

Favre Confidential: The unauthorized stories

March 4, 2008 5:54 PM

My pal Bryan Broaddus served as the college scouting administrator for the Packers from 1992 to '96, and like most people in the organization, he walked away with some great Brett Favre stories.

Bryan says that Favre and backup Jim McMahon spent the moments before Super Bowl XXXI firing footballs at nameplates in the locker room. They were sitting in front of their lockers hurling passes across the room while skill players attempted to duck out of the way.

"McMahon was just trying to keep everyone loose," Bryan said. "But then it became a big competition and Brett was raring back throwing as hard as he could. When Mike [Holmgren] walked in, everyone was just froze."

Bryan also remembers McMahon paying clubhouse attendants to pick up food when the Packers were on the road.

"Marty Mornhinweg or whoever would be making halftime adjustments, and Brett would be over there eating a shrimp po'boy. And if we were in Chicago, he and McMahon usually had a hot dog."

The last story he told me was one I'd heard before. The Packers were hosting the Raiders in the early 1990s, and the weather was awful. Holmgren was on the sideline pounding on Favre's shoulder pads in an attempt to drive home a point, but his young quarterback just kept staring at him. After a minute or so passed, Holmgren snarled, "What the hell are you looking at?"

"Mike, you should see all the [expletive] in your mustache right now," Favre deadpanned before turning to jog back onto the field.

And I think that's what we'll miss the most about Favre. Beyond all the ridiculous numbers he put up, Favre simply knew how to have fun.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those are great stories, PackOne.

I watched Favre turn the Packers around and made me very proud to be a Packer fan. It was really great watching him play and catching videos of him joking around. He is by far the most legendary athlete I have ever known. He's an all around great guy!

We love you Favre!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am handling his decision lots better then I thought I would, but that doesnt mean I am not sad. I heard the news on my way to work on the radio this morning, first they said a major NFL player is calling it quits, I thought of Favre right away, but then I kept my fingers crossed until they announced that he was retiring. I flashed back to all the fun and exciting memories Brett has given me over the years. They are all greatly appreciated. We all went through all the difficult years with him, his Dad passing away, to Deanna's Cancer, and to Deanna's brother getting killed riding his SUV. Its like we all lived his life sort of speaking with him. I am so thankful for all the pictures we took at games, practices and mini camp I will cherish them forever.

Thanks Brett for all you have given us as fans and to the Packers organization. Its been a hec of a ride. Sorry to see you go, because I know you had many more good years in you left to play. But I also understand that your family now needs you around more, also those aching muscles you must have from all the hits you took over the years. I am thankful for all those WI, Green Bay trips we made. It was awesome getting to see you play in my very first game in San Diego, what a blast we had. Your an awesome person, you have proven yourself over and over again on the field and off giving of yourself in your charity you and Deanna have. A better person you could not find.

Thanks for the memories Brett Favre! You will be missed tons!!

We love you and you will always be in my heart as at the helm of QB for the Green Bay Packers. And I will be there when you get into the hall of fame in Kenton.

I miss you already.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(The picture has always been Brett riding his tractor off into the sunset, but do you see a future in football for him, as an analyst or coach maybe?)

McCarthy: I'd be shocked. And I'll just warn you all, if you try to climb the fence he's going to shoot you, I'll just pass that on for you. No, I'd be shocked. He'd be great at it, but I don't think he's coming out from behind the fence very often.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

A great story from ESPN on Brett and Jim McMahon before the Superbowl. Now there is a trivia question.

Favre Confidential: The unauthorized stories

March 4, 2008 5:54 PM

My pal Bryan Broaddus served as the college scouting administrator for the Packers from 1992 to '96, and like most people in the organization, he walked away with some great Brett Favre stories.

Bryan says that Favre and backup Jim McMahon spent the moments before Super Bowl XXXI firing footballs at nameplates in the locker room. They were sitting in front of their lockers hurling passes across the room while skill players attempted to duck out of the way.

"McMahon was just trying to keep everyone loose," Bryan said. "But then it became a big competition and Brett was raring back throwing as hard as he could. When Mike [Holmgren] walked in, everyone was just froze."

Bryan also remembers McMahon paying clubhouse attendants to pick up food when the Packers were on the road.

"Marty Mornhinweg or whoever would be making halftime adjustments, and Brett would be over there eating a shrimp po'boy. And if we were in Chicago, he and McMahon usually had a hot dog."

The last story he told me was one I'd heard before. The Packers were hosting the Raiders in the early 1990s, and the weather was awful. Holmgren was on the sideline pounding on Favre's shoulder pads in an attempt to drive home a point, but his young quarterback just kept staring at him. After a minute or so passed, Holmgren snarled, "What the hell are you looking at?"

"Mike, you should see all the [expletive] in your mustache right now," Favre deadpanned before turning to jog back onto the field.

And I think that's what we'll miss the most about Favre. Beyond all the ridiculous numbers he put up, Favre simply knew how to have fun.

Good stuff. Brett knew how to have fun, that is for sure. One of the things I loved most about him. He always was having a good time. It wasn't a job to him and he didn't take it overly serious like some.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two of my favorite Favre games:

1) 1993 Wildcard Playoff Packers@Lions

Barry Sanders rushed for 170 yards and the Lions were winning with 50 seconds left. Favre ran towards the sideline, then threw across his body, and across the entire field, for a 40 yard touchdown bomb to Sharpe.

2) 1995 Divisional Playoff Packers@49ers

This was when the Packers officially re-joined the elite. Favre owned the defending Super Bowl champs.

Favre gave me a lot of joy. That's what I am most thankful for. With Brett, you always had hope and you always had excitement. Every Sunday.

freethrowdunk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wow i donno what to say :cry: I went through this when Jordan retired. even though I was a middle schooler it hit me hard. This retirement is just as strong. The Raider's game after his father's death and the final game of the season against the bears (a couple seasons ago now) resonate the strongest in my mind (even well up the eyes). Thanks Brett. Thanks for allowing me to embrace your style for the game and your character both on and off the playing field for all these years.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
Two of my favorite Favre games:

1) 1993 Wildcard Playoff Packers@Lions

Barry Sanders rushed for 170 yards and the Lions were winning with 50 seconds left. Favre ran towards the sideline, then threw across his body, and across the entire field, for a 40 yard touchdown bomb to Sharpe.

2) 1995 Divisional Playoff Packers@49ers

This was when the Packers officially re-joined the elite. Favre owned the defending Super Bowl champs.

Favre gave me a lot of joy. That's what I am most thankful for. With Brett, you always had hope and you always had excitement. Every Sunday.

Yep I think those two are my favs as well.
Brett gave us so many to choose from didn't he?
Did anyone catch how his name was mispronouced when Atl drafted him? NFL Network was showing it last nite.
"From Southern Mississppi, Atlanta takes Brett "Favor.'" Classic!

Members online

Latest posts