THE OFFICAL BRETT FAVRE GOOD BYE AND APPRECIATION THREAD***

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
Two of my favorite Favre games:

1) 1993 Wildcard Playoff Packers@Lions

Barry Sanders rushed for 170 yards and the Lions were winning with 50 seconds left. Favre ran towards the sideline, then threw across his body, and across the entire field, for a 40 yard touchdown bomb to Sharpe.

2) 1995 Divisional Playoff Packers@49ers

This was when the Packers officially re-joined the elite. Favre owned the defending Super Bowl champs.

Favre gave me a lot of joy. That's what I am most thankful for. With Brett, you always had hope and you always had excitement. Every Sunday.

Yep I think those two are my favs as well.
Brett gave us so many to choose from didn't he?
Did anyone catch how his name was mispronouced when Atl drafted him? NFL Network was showing it last nite.
"From Southern Mississppi, Atlanta takes Brett "Favor.'" Classic!

yep i remember seeing that! Funny as hell :)

PackFanWithTwins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A look back to part of the career of Brett. Here is the list of Packers that have caught a pass from Brett.

Sterling Sharpe
Robert Brooks*
Sanjay Beach
Vince Workman
Darrell Thompson
Edgar Bennett*
Harry Sydney
Buford McGee
Jackie Harris
Ron Lewis
Ed West
Kitrick Taylor
John Stephens
Marcus Wilson
Mark Clayton
Mark Chmura*
Antony Morgan
Reggie Cobb
LeShon Johnson
Dorsey Levens*
Charles Jordon
Reggie Johnson
Jeff Wilner
Terry Mickens*
William Henderson*
Mark Ingram
Keith Jackson*
Jeff Thomason*
Antonio Freeman*
Don Beebe*
Desmond Howard*
Andre Rison*
Tyrone Davis*
Bill Schroeder*
Travis Jervey
Raymont Harris
Michael Blair
Derrick Mayes
Corey Bradford
Russell Copelan
Roell Preston
De'Mond Parker
Basil Mitchell
Donald Driver
Lamont Hall
Keith Crawford
Ahman Green
Herbert Goodman
Derrick Mayes*
Aaron Hayden
Darick Holmes
Bubba Franks
Charles Lee
Ryan Wetnight
Rondell Mealey
David Martin
Bobby Collins
Tony Fisher
Najeh Davenport
Javon Walker
Jay Graham
Terry Glenn
Robert Ferguson
Karsten Bailey
Mike Wahle
Nick Luchey
Wesley Walls
Antonio Chatman
Ben Steele
Andrae Thurman
Samkon Gado
ReShard Lee
Donald Lee
Vonta Leach
Terrence Murphy
Rod Gardner
Walter Williams
Vernand Morency
Noah Herron
Greg Jennings
Ruvell Martin
Carlyle Holiday
Brandon Miree
Koren Robinson
Chris Francies
Ryan Grant
Brandon Jackson
DeShawn Wynn
James Jones
Ryan Krause
John Kuhn
Shaun Bodiford

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From this NYG fan:

Farewell to a real class act and one of the toughest athletes I've ever seen. I know for all you Pack fans that it will never be the same w/out Him.

SNAP

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: THE OFFICAL BRETT FAVRE GOOD BYE AND APPRECIATION THREAD

From this NYG fan:

Farewell to a real class act and one of the toughest athletes I've ever seen. I know for all you Pack fans that it will never be the same w/out Him.

SNAP

Thanks Snap.

No, it will never be the same. :(

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A look back to part of the career of Brett. Here is the list of Packers that have caught a pass from Brett.

Sterling Sharpe
Robert Brooks*
Sanjay Beach
Vince Workman
Darrell Thompson
Edgar Bennett*
Harry Sydney
Buford McGee
Jackie Harris
Ron Lewis
Ed West
Kitrick Taylor
John Stephens
Marcus Wilson
Mark Clayton
Mark Chmura*
Antony Morgan
Reggie Cobb
LeShon Johnson
Dorsey Levens*
Charles Jordon
Reggie Johnson
Jeff Wilner
Terry Mickens*
William Henderson*
Mark Ingram
Keith Jackson*
Jeff Thomason*
Antonio Freeman*
Don Beebe*
Desmond Howard*
Andre Rison*
Tyrone Davis*
Bill Schroeder*
Travis Jervey
Raymont Harris
Michael Blair
Derrick Mayes
Corey Bradford
Russell Copelan
Roell Preston
De'Mond Parker
Basil Mitchell
Donald Driver
Lamont Hall
Keith Crawford
Ahman Green
Herbert Goodman
Derrick Mayes*
Aaron Hayden
Darick Holmes
Bubba Franks
Charles Lee
Ryan Wetnight
Rondell Mealey
David Martin
Bobby Collins
Tony Fisher
Najeh Davenport
Javon Walker
Jay Graham
Terry Glenn
Robert Ferguson
Karsten Bailey
Mike Wahle
Nick Luchey
Wesley Walls
Antonio Chatman
Ben Steele
Andrae Thurman
Samkon Gado
ReShard Lee
Donald Lee
Vonta Leach
Terrence Murphy
Rod Gardner
Walter Williams
Vernand Morency
Noah Herron
Greg Jennings
Ruvell Martin
Carlyle Holiday
Brandon Miree
Koren Robinson
Chris Francies
Ryan Grant
Brandon Jackson
DeShawn Wynn
James Jones
Ryan Krause
John Kuhn
Shaun Bodiford

You forgot one ....

Brett Favre *

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wow i donno what to say :cry: I went through this when Jordan retired. even though I was a middle schooler it hit me hard. This retirement is just as strong. The Raider's game after his father's death and the final game of the season against the bears (a couple seasons ago now) resonate the strongest in my mind (even well up the eyes). Thanks Brett. Thanks for allowing me to embrace your style for the game and your character both on and off the playing field for all these years.

Exactly how i feel I cant watch highlights of that raider game or of his bears post game press conference without getting goosebumps all over my body. Every time, without fail. There it goes again, more goosebumps. Its like, you felt so bad for him and you were so worried that he would have a bad game or fall flat on his face, throw a bunch of picks or something, get benched. And then it was like magic happened. He completed about 6-7 passes in one game that i dont think i've ever seen by anyone in a single year. I was so proud to be a packer fan that night.

The Bears post game press conference, i just wanted to give him a hug and let him know how much he was appreciated and thanks for being real.

Hopefully he decides to un-retire or take a position on TV because he's a personality that i'd like to see more of, whether on the field or as a commentator

4 = 1

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny thing is, the game I remember like it was yesterday was when we were playing the Lions in the Playoffs and he threw a late TD to Sterling Sharpe to win the game. It was an obviously broken play and Sterling and Brett just communicated to each other and it worked.

Of all the magical moments, that one ranks high up there.

The other was beating Seattle this year. Nobody expected much of the Packers. I expected an 8-8 or 9-7 season. Suddenly, we have a first round bye.

We're down 14-0 early in the 1st quarter and Favre just keeps his cool, tells Ryan Grant to relax and we'd come back. Six straight TDs. That was magical.

I wasn't too upset about losing to the Giants. I knew then and there that whomever won that game would win the SB over the Pats. I told Snap that his team would beat the Pats and I remember him thinking there was almost no way they could win. Turns out I was right.

No regrets about the way the '07 season ended at all though. In my eyes, Favre went out the best QB to ever play the game. That's all that matters to me. Anyone can argue that point but it would go in one ear and out the other. I don't care what anyone else says right now. Favre was the greatest ever.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you Brett for all the joy you provided to my family and myself for the past 16 years.
Today that joy is followed by the sadness of seeing you retire.

Best of wishes to you and your family!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for all the memories Brett. You took a franchise that was begging to win and made it happen for many years. As much as it hurts to see you go, you deserve it and I wish you and your family all the best.

There's absolutely no doubt that you went out on top just as you said in your interview. It doesn't matter what the critics say, you went out on top.

Thanks for a wonderful ride...it was an unbelievable one.

hoos4dapack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am only a rookie on this site but I figured that if I would choose this topic for my first comment. I have been a Packer/Favre fan since I remember football existing. I would watch every game I could with my father and grandfather. My 91 year-old sharp as a knife grandmother watches every game religiously. I am very sad that Brett is retiring but I owe him thanks for providing my family with those experiences which brought us all closer. It really has been an honor.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

I am only a rookie on this site but I figured that if I would choose this topic for my first comment. I have been a Packer/Favre fan since I remember football existing. I would watch every game I could with my father and grandfather. My 91 year-old sharp as a knife grandmother watches every game religiously. I am very sad that Brett is retiring but I owe him thanks for providing my family with those experiences which brought us all closer. It really has been an honor.

That is very cool... what the game should be all about. Nice Post there Hoos..

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Good way to begin hoos4dapack. Welcome. Keep on posting and before you know it, you will out do Cheesey himself.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right NOW I'm watching the NFL Network's replay of Super Bowl XXXI. Favre just called the audible and threw it over the top to "Bad Moon" Rison. Classic. Absolutely classic.

I can remember the night I watched it--when I was 10 years old.

More to come--Favre Forever!

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw some of the Favre festivities on the TV. We had a blackout here that lasted hours, so I missed a lot of the game, interviews and highlights of his career.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

hoos4dapack said:

Good way to begin hoos4dapack. Welcome. Keep on posting and before you know it, you will out do Cheesey himself.
:shock: (Only if I die! :wink: :lol: )
I agree though, great way to start your posting here Hoos! :D

My wife just watched some of the Favre retirement conference, and she kept saying "WHY doesn't someone give the man a tissue!?!?!"

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

wpr said:
hoos4dapack said:

My wife just watched some of the Favre retirement conference, and she kept saying "WHY doesn't someone give the man a tissue!?!?!"

Cheesey I didn't say Hoos would catch your reply count. I said he would "out do you". That can mean just about anything. :lol:
Tell Mrs C that they did give him tissues and he would not use them. That is what hands and sleeves are for. Esp in Miss. :p
As I watched (and it was a couple of days later before I had a chance) I could not help but wonder how many people shook his hand afterward. :shock:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

cheesey said:
wpr said:
hoos4dapack said:

Cheesey I didn't say Hoos would catch your reply count. I said he would "out do you". That can mean just about anything. :lol:
Tell Mrs C that they did give him tissues and he would not use them. That is what hands and sleeves are for. Esp in Miss. :p
As I watched (and it was a couple of days later before I had a chance) I could not help but wonder how many people shook his hand afterward. :shock:
OH!!!
Yeah......to out do me would be VERY possible. (Unless it's on "Cheeseyness!" That would be close to impossible! :wink: )

Now, i would have skaken Bretts hand.........and put the boogers up for aution on Ebay!!!
(Just kidding............i would have saved them for myself!) :lol:

4brett4eva

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my first post I have finally found this forum. I have looked all season. I want thank number 4 for all the wonderful memories he gave me through the years of what football is supposed to be. "It's not for the money, or the fame"... but for the love of the game. I truly believe no one has ever or will ever love it the way he has and does. That's why it's been so hard for him to say goodbye. I will miss him terribly and I feel a large part of football died when he retired.
The only game I saw him in person was the NFC Championship game. Even though we lost, I am thankful to have seen his greatness live!!
I love you and will always think of you as the best!!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my first post I have finally found this forum. I have looked all season. I want thank number 4 for all the wonderful memories he gave me through the years of what football is supposed to be. "It's not for the money, or the fame"... but for the love of the game. I truly believe no one has ever or will ever love it the way he has and does. That's why it's been so hard for him to say goodbye. I will miss him terribly and I feel a large part of football died when he retired.
The only game I saw him in person was the NFC Championship game. Even though we lost, I am thankful to have seen his greatness live!!
I love you and will always think of you as the best!!

A great 1st post. Welcome.4Brett.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts