Rodgers wants a new contract

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that that is the Thought Process. ..restructure it to help the cap space

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
J'aire will definitely be extended soon for example

-100% chance he doesn't get extended

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Airheads just talking **** as usual.

Though I'd not be surprised of Packers initiated a restructure with possibility of a extension/salary hike, giving more cap space coming season. Win-Win for both.

Anyway this should settle things up:

Mark Murphy said:
"We're not idiots, Aaron Rodgers will be back."

:roflmao:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Airheads just talking **** as usual.

Though I'd not be surprised of Packers initiated a restructure with possibility of a extension/salary hike, giving more cap space coming season. Win-Win for both.

Anyway this should settle things up:

:roflmao:

I was about to post that

Green Bay Packers CEO Mark Murphy has shut down speculation that the team will trade Aaron Rodgers this offseason.

"We're not idiots. Aaron Rodgers will be back. He's our leader," Murphy told The 5th Quarteron WNFL (h/t WNFL's Mark Daniels).

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Reading dribble like this just ****** me off. For Florio to say this:

"He’s due to make $22.35 million in 2021, $25.5 million in 2022, and $25.5 million in 2023."

This is just misleading and dishonest reporting. His average salary is $33.5M/year. Some of it he got upfront. Where was Florio when Rodgers was paid $66.9M in 2018?

I get it, Florio wants to make it more dramatic and juicy, so people go "WOW".

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"He’s due to make $22.35 million in 2021, $25.5 million in 2022, and $25.5 million in 2023."

This is just misleading and dishonest reporting.
His average salary is $33.5M/year. Some of it he got upfront. Where was Florio when Rodgers was paid $66.9M in 2018?

Aaron Rodgers Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

Sporttrac actually has 2021 a little higher, and the other two years exactly that.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is just misleading and dishonest reporting. His average salary is $33.5M/year. Some of it he got upfront. Where was Florio when Rodgers was paid $66.9M in 2018?

which is why I usually skip anything with his name attached to it. I disregarded my own good advice and read the article earlier someone had posted and it just confirmed what I already knew. Florio is looking for clicks, i'm ashamed I indulged.

We've been talking about them redoing his contract for months on here. it's kind of a no brainer, maybe :) We need cap space, they can create the biggest amount by re-doing his contract. Rodgers would probably like that because it would re-affirm their commitment to him longer term. The team might like it because it gives them more flexibility. They also might think, we paid him a lot. Certainly more than the 22 million Florio is playing with words about. Maybe they like their contract in that it paid him a lot up front and is going to hold him accountable in his level of play. Keeps playing like this, they won't move on from him even if it's 2023.

and thank god for twitter LOL what a useless invention. people re-tweeting all of a sudden means there's something to be seen. Honestly, is it news you? The Packers and Rodgers might re-do a contract? shocking lol

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows the facts, Rodgers present contract is the 5th highest in value/year.

Mahomes, Big Ben, Watson and Wilson are only guys with higher.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah really terrible reporting on the Contract numbers

I mean any idiot can just GOOGLE "Aaron Rodgers Contract" and hit the FIRST search result/link and it'll show the contract numbers and cap hit in PLAIN ENGLISH right there Year by Year

.... I really don't know how you could get those numbers wrong lol

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reading all the stories, nothing seems concrete in this rumor....could it be true, sure....has it been confirmed - my opinion is no, not yet.

I mean, of course he’d like an extension! Who doesn’t want an contract extension?

It’s just a stupid, click baity headline.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah Mr "I hate Rodgers unless I can use him for click bait" Florio.

Him and Bayless are ignorant fools when it comes to Rodgers. Watching Skip make the most ludacris arguments yesterday with Shannon was like watching an old guy with dementia form sentences around the retirement home lunch table.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sporttrac actually has 2021 a little higher, and the other two years exactly that.

Yes, the numbers Florio quoted represent the total amount on the checks given to Rodgers for those years. However, to say "he is due to make" before those numbers is factually wrong, since he has already been paid the rest of what he is "due to make".

If he wanted to report it correctly:

"In addition to what he has already been paid up front, Rogers is due to be paid an additional $22.35 million in 2021, $25.5 million in 2022, and $25.5 million in 2023."

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Him and Bayless are ignorant fools when it comes to Rodgers. Watching Skip make the most ludacris arguments yesterday with Shannon was like watching an old guy with dementia form sentences around the retirement home lunch table.

Cowturd is doing the same thing. Prior to the game, he was back on the Rodgers Bandwagon, but to hedge his words, he kept throwing in "he has the most to lose of the 4 QB's in the Championship games, if he loses". Now he is saying "I told everyone that ahead of time, Aaron loses another NFCCG, he is just not a clutch QB".

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I can't deal with the **** show displays from the Bayless' of the world right now. Infuriates me to even think about.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far there is zero evidence AR wants a new contract. Just clickbait. Murphy is dreaming and sounds foolish if he thinks he can force AR to come back next season. AR holds the cards, not The front office. If AR wants out, he can threaten retirement. Otherwise, he will be the Packers qb next season whether or not he is happy or disgruntled.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
AR holds the cards, not The front office. If AR wants out, he can threaten retirement. Otherwise, he will be the Packers qb next season whether or not he is happy or disgruntled.

I disagree. First, I think Rodgers is a lot smarter than Favre and won't go that route. He knows how that tarnished Farves reputation in Green Bay, he doesn't want to do that. Second, after just winning the MVP, the Packers aren't just going to trade him away for a 3rd round pick to the Jets. Third, the Packers don't have an "Aaron Rodgers ready" player sitting on the bench. Thus, I don't think either side has the poker hand to bluff too much in this. The only reason Rodgers should get a new contract, is if the restructure is beneficial to the long term health of the team.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far there is zero evidence AR wants a new contract. Just clickbait. Murphy is dreaming and sounds foolish if he thinks he can force AR to come back next season. AR holds the cards, not The front office. If AR wants out, he can threaten retirement. Otherwise, he will be the Packers qb next season whether or not he is happy or disgruntled.
AR doesn't hold any cards...except with fans. where did "force AR to come back" come from? rodgers is under contract. he can retire if he wants. he screws the team a bit if he does it after a certain date. even a trade has some negative cap consequences. this is money and ego driven if the story's even true. it won't affect the cap situation appreciably going forward...$8-10m. look...they're $25m over the cap right now. so they need to clear cap just to get to that 175m point. they only have 36+- guys under contract for next year so they've got to clear additional room just to sign enough guys to make the 53 man roster. you want quality guys filling out the roster? that's going to require additional room. if they don't restructure rodgers contract they've got to clear additional room to fit the extra $12m that his hit is going up. do you guys see the daunting task ahead? how good do you really think next year's team is going to be? yesterday i said it wasn't going to be boring. it took one day. lol