Re-match Pack vs Vikings

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well now..

Was this loss by the Vikings the start of a Viking collapse, or is it just a bump in the road for them onto their way to the playoffs..

Find out next Sunday on Nov 1st...

Pack win then we have a heated division race for sure

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well now..

Was this loss by the Vikings the start of a Viking collapse, or is it just a bump in the road for them onto their way to the playoffs..

It may be just a bump, and the Pack not only need a win next week, but by more than 7, then we catch up on the Vikes bye week when we play Tampa. In other words, we got a good chance, but I don't see the Vikes crashing and burning to make it easy for us. If we can get by them next week 7+, after that it's a dogfight. Similar schedule and the better men win.

liljohn5115

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next week will be a tough game. I think if we play like we did today it we have a good chance. Rodgers didn't get sacked and thats a big thing we need to keep up into the next game as well as the rest of the season.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not having to deal with the noise may be the big difference between Rodgers throwing from an upright position, or his back. :happy0005:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the O-Line continues to gel, Green Bay wins next week.
Oh, no doubt. I think if the OL gels, and the defense continues to play like this, we can go head to head with anyone in the league, anywhere... A lot of "ifs" for it to happen, but what's football if not a lot of "ifs" that materialize or not?

Juztin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as it pains me to say this, and regardless of how many angel babies and kittens it will kill, I'm going to.

I hope it is a shootout and I want the Vikings to win.

YES! I AM a Packer fan! However, I'm a bigger Favre fan. For as long as I have been a Packer fan, Brett was the QB. I idolize the man. He is my real life hero. I don't care what the critics say about him(@#$% the critics). I truely hope(and wish) that he has a spectacular year and wins MVP!!! Favre does not get NEAR enough credit for being a great(LEGENDARY) QB(in my opinion). This is somewhat hard to say being a diehard Packer fan(and living WAY too close to Minnesota), but Favre does not have long and his career will be over. I want him to go out on top(bittersweet as it may be(certainly not looking forward to gloating Vike fans(although I could rub in their face that without Favre, they would not have gotten there))). And I also want him to be the undisputed Champion of the World!!! Err.. I mean the undisputed GREATEST QUARTERBACK WHO EVER PLAYED THE GAME!!!

Let the flaming commence!

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as it pains me to say this, and regardless of how many angel babies and kittens it will kill, I'm going to.

YES! I AM a Packer fan! However, I'm a bigger Favre fan. For as long as I have been a Packer fan, Brett was the QB. I idolize the man. He is my real life hero. I don't care what the critics say about him(@#$% the critics). I truely hope(and wish) that he has a spectacular year and wins MVP!!! Favre does not get NEAR enough credit for being a great(LEGENDARY) QB(in my opinion). This is somewhat hard to say being a diehard Packer fan(and living WAY too close to Minnesota), but Favre does not have long and his career will be over. I want him to go out on top(bittersweet as it may be(certainly not looking forward to gloating Vike fans(although I could rub in their face that without Favre, they would not have gotten there))). And I also want him to be the undisputed Champion of the World!!! Err.. I mean the undisputed GREATEST QUARTERBACK WHO EVER PLAYED THE GAME!!!

Well at least you're not a Packer fan.

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

your a pretty big diehard packer fan if you want the vikings to beat the packers...

Juztin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well at least you're not a Packer fan.
YES! I AM a Packer fan!

your a pretty big diehard packer fan if you want the vikings to beat the packers...

I would donate all(most) of my non-life-sustaining organs if it would help the Packers win the Superbowl(if Favre isn't going). My statements may have been contradictory, but I stand by them. It is infact, very difficult to be a Favre fan and a Packer fan, but I manage.

Altiery54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to continue building like we have in the past 2 weeks.(Granted we played the lions & Cleveland_ Last week our D got things online, this week our O-line stepped up and our D played great again.. Next, week we will need our, O-line to continue the good work, the D to continue, and then we need the mental penalties to be cut out and the chances of bringing home a W will be much greater!

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well now..

Yeah it is all over for the Vikes they are 6-1 and we lost to the defending super bowl champions on their own turf. They have no shot next week I guess can I switch teams and be a packer fan?
-
Is it that hard to call a guy by his nickname and not to use sarcasm to offend?

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would donate all(most) of my non-life-sustaining organs if it would help the Packers win the Superbowl(if Favre isn't going). My statements may have been contradictory, but I stand by them. It is infact, very difficult to be a Favre fan and a Packer fan, but I manage.

It must be difficult to have so much love for someone and to know that they they don't return your love and would drop you in a selfish minute.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It must be difficult to have so much love for someone and to know that they they don't return your love and would drop you in a selfish minute.
This is football and not courting your boyfriend ya know?

Juztin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure doesn't sound like it's just football listening to you guys fawning over Favre. Sounds like true love.

The NFL isn't made up of a bunch of nameless, faceless players. You do realize this? Or are you simply a fan of Logos and ideas? People(much like me) enjoy personalities, playmakers, and winners. I think Favre falls under one(or all) of those catagories. Face it jrpack, the NFL would not be where it is today if it were not for the legends of the game(including Favre)? People, yes, people make up the NFL, so it's not JUST about the Logo. But if you're just a Packer fan(or whatever team for that matter) and not a fan of the athletes that make up the team, that's perfectly fine with me.

As far as Favre being on the Vikings, it stings a little, but that's okay. I do not share the hatred and animosity that most fans have for other teams and their players. I just cannot grasp how you can just hate someone for being on another team, regardless if they're a rival or not. But I guess that is the ideal of America today, hate what is not yours, or hate what you do not know. I'm going to stop before I start getting too political.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings have always been the Packers biggest rival since they joined the NFL. Favre is a Viking. Therefore people dislike or hate him. I don't get how that's a strange concept to grasp. Packer fans live in the now, not in the past where Favre was great for us, not in the future where people say they root for the Vikings so that TT and McCarthy will be gone :cough:dlevens:cough:, but in the now.