Re-match Pack vs Vikings

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is football,so if you want to cry about favre for breaking your heart or playing for the enemy then maybe you should just watch tapes of the glory days as your hearts will be heavy all year for old no. 4

Juztin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings have always been the Packers biggest rival since they joined the NFL. Favre is a Viking. Therefore people dislike or hate him. I don't get how that's a strange concept to grasp. Packer fans live in the now, not in the past where Favre was great for us, not in the future where people say they root for the Vikings so that TT and McCarthy will be gone :cough:dlevens:cough:, but in the now.

Favre is a Viking. Therefore as***les dislike or hate him.

I don't get how that's a strange concept to grasp.[/quote
That's probably the exact same thing the *** say.

This is football,so if you want to cry about favre for breaking your heart or playing for the enemy then maybe you should just watch tapes of the glory days as your hearts will be heavy all year for old no. 4
What?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As much as it pains me to say this, and regardless of how many angel babies and kittens it will kill, I'm going to.

I hope it is a shootout and I want the Vikings to win.

YES! I AM a Packer fan! However, I'm a bigger Favre fan. For as long as I have been a Packer fan, Brett was the QB. I idolize the man. He is my real life hero. I don't care what the critics say about him(@#$% the critics). I truely hope(and wish) that he has a spectacular year and wins MVP!!! Favre does not get NEAR enough credit for being a great(LEGENDARY) QB(in my opinion). This is somewhat hard to say being a diehard Packer fan(and living WAY too close to Minnesota), but Favre does not have long and his career will be over. I want him to go out on top(bittersweet as it may be(certainly not looking forward to gloating Vike fans(although I could rub in their face that without Favre, they would not have gotten there))). And I also want him to be the undisputed Champion of the World!!! Err.. I mean the undisputed GREATEST QUARTERBACK WHO EVER PLAYED THE GAME!!!

Let the flaming commence!

You SURE you live close to Minnesota?

Anyways,your not a Packer fan if you want a team to beat the Packers..

Nothing wrong with being a Brett fan, but even if you wish for him to throw 20 TDs vs them,you want the Packers to score one more point.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

No I dont cry about it.....seems like all the Brett fanatics do that?? Every bad article,or every reporter that disses Brett there you are or Jeffy is, CRYING

Juztin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You SURE you live close to Minnesota?

Anyways,your not a Packer fan if you want a team to beat the Packers..

Nothing wrong with being a Brett fan, but even if you wish for him to throw 20 TDs vs them,you want the Packers to score one more point.

25 minute drive, and I am in Minnesota. I'm a fan, not a fanatic. The ONE and ONLY reason I want the Vikings to win is for Favre's reputation(as silly as that might sound). Even if the Vikings win the Superbowl, the anti-Favre's will say, "Yeah, but he lost to the Packers LOL."

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
25 minute drive, and I am in Minnesota. I'm a fan, not a fanatic. The ONE and ONLY reason I want the Vikings to win is for Favre's reputation(as silly as that might sound). Even if the Vikings win the Superbowl, the anti-Favre's will say, "Yeah, but he lost to the Packers LOL."

There are plenty of Favre/Viking boards for Viking fans, would you like us to find you some links? Then everyone would agree and say all wonderful things.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really Juztine, comparing me to a group of fundamentalist christian extremists? How can you justify being a fan of one team then saying you root for that team's rival? How does that make any sense?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So basically you want the Vikings to win the SB. But not only that, you want them to win from THE PACKERS twice, so there's no doubt the vikings are better? Sure sounds like a packer fan...

I've posted about this before, about the way I see it. But in MY book, if you want the Packers to lose, you're not exactly a model Packer fan, and you'll have to excuse me if I don't see you like one, if I see you more like a fair-wheater fan, or fan of football, that has some sympathy for the Packers.

(I've put it in bold, so I'm not called fascist or communist or anti-american or whatever, because I supposedly want to control the way people behave and etc.)

Juztin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are plenty of Favre/Viking boards for Viking fans, would you like us to find you some links? Then everyone would agree and say all wonderful things.

Have you ever thought about a career in stand-up comedy?

I would like you to know that my reason for coming to these forums and my first post were solely for the Packers organization.

Also, why would you ever visit a Forum in which every person agreed with eachother? There's no fun in that.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
YES! I AM a Packer fan!
No, you aren't. Not a true Packer fan, at least.

You can't be both anymore. Rooting for one is rooting directly against the other. If you're a Favre fan and you want him to win every week, that's to the detriment of the Packers. If you want Green Bay to win every week, that's to the detriment of Favre. It's like claiming to be both a Republican and a Democrat.

Back to the game:

I'll take Green Bay for the win, but i'll still give the division to Minnesota. I think being at home is going to even things up quite a bit, and I think the atmosphere will be like nothing we've ever seen before. Rodgers will be solid, the line will be better (but Jared Allen will still get his 2 sacks and a forced fumble), and Favre will come down to earth and not repeat the completely and totally perfect game he played against us last time.

Juztin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really Juztine, comparing me to a group of fundamentalist christian extremists? How can you justify being a fan of one team then saying you root for that team's rival? How does that make any sense?

I appologize, to me it seemed that you were implying that you should hate Favre because he's a Viking, much like you should hate a person because of his skin color. I realize that this is the world of sports and that's how it's supposed to work. But who says you can't be a fan of one team, and be a fan of a player on another team? Should I start looking for a label other than 'fan' to describe myself?

Juztin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't be both anymore. Rooting for one is rooting directly against the other. If you're a Favre fan and you want him to win every week, that's to the detriment of the Packers. If you want Green Bay to win every week, that's to the detriment of Favre. It's like claiming to be both a Republican and a Democrat.

Thankfully I shouldn't be too disapointed with this season's outcome.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I appologize, to me it seemed that you were implying that you should hate Favre because he's a Viking, much like you should hate a person because of his skin color. I realize that this is the world of sports and that's how it's supposed to work. But who says you can't be a fan of one team, and be a fan of a player on another team? Should I start looking for a label other than 'fan' to describe myself?

I hate Brett cuz he is a rival

I respect him as a player, enjoy seeing him play but do not want him to succeed, want to see him fail cuz in the end,if he fails the vikings fail.

I feel the same way about him as I did about Barry Sanders..

You can be a fan of Brett no big deal..But when your wishing or hoping the Vikings beat the Packers, then your not really a Packer fan...Or at least your more of a Brett fan

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's fine that you're a fan of Favre, but you do realize it gets a bit confusing when you were saying you were a packers fan, but then started saying Vikings should win the SB. If you're at all worried about Favre making the HoF because he only has 1 SB, I can assure you he'll get in unless if something terrible is uncovered which will most likely not happen.

BTW you keep using this racist comparison as though sports is somewhere close or even with the basic and terrible concept of racism.

Juztin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or at least your more of a Brett fan

Boom.

How that was ever confused with me being a Vikings fan is beyond me. Well, maybe not, I did say that I wanted the Vikings to win(ugh), but ONLY for Favre. Perhaps my fandom is abit skewed at the moment. But guess what, I'm a huge Favre fan, his career is about over and the Packers will be around for a very long time yet.

Juztin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW you keep using this racist comparison as though sports is somewhere close or even with the basic and terrible concept of racism.

The concept is the same. NFC North fans are chauvinistic towards their rivals. I know other divisions are too, but the NFC North is really bad. Buts also part of the charm I guess.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Juztin if you're trying to say that a racist and a fan of a rival are pretty much the same then I would say that is a bit extreme. I'm pretty sure I can separate a simple vikings fan to a person of a different race. I cannot speak for anyone else.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, Juztin if you're trying to say that a racist and a fan of a rival are pretty much the same then I would say that is a bit extreme. I'm pretty sure I can separate a simple vikings fan to a person of a different race. I cannot speak for anyone else.

I would agree

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pffft.. racism. How laughable.

Nice attempt at laying some sort of phony guilt trip on NFC North fans.

Really, it's not that deep. It isn't, and certainly not even remotely worthy of a thesis as to why. Grab your favorite beverage ,and ooh an aah over your favorite team and favorite players, and when they put up 45 points on the enemy, hope for 100 more. Na na na, hey, hey, goodbye to the bad guys, give the raspberries in fun to opposing fans, go to bed, wake up, go to work. Do it again next weekend.

That's about how deep it really is.

:viksux:

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you ever thought about a career in stand-up comedy?

I would like you to know that my reason for coming to these forums and my first post were solely for the Packers organization.

Also, why would you ever visit a Forum in which every person agreed with eachother? There's no fun in that.
agree i am thinking about leaving this forum because everybody always agrees with me and it is getting old:jester:Skol VIKINGS

liljohn5115

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The concept is the same. NFC North fans are chauvinistic towards their rivals. I know other divisions are too, but the NFC North is really bad. Buts also part of the charm I guess.

NFC North rivalries aren't half bad... I live in Baltimore when Pitt or Cincinnati come to town, jeese, you've never seen rivalry.(not so much Cleveland cause they are usually a guaranteed win.) Everyone is looking for a fight, and its not just harsh words and trash talking, it's multiple brawls for the wrong jersey parking in the wrong lot. It's rather ridiculous.

Maybe i'm wrong but I was told when I visit Greenbay in December, the fans welcome you no matter what team your from and even will invite you to participate in tailgating if your not a *****. This would never happen in Baltimore, whether you're a rival or not. You'd be lucky to not hear anything muchless getting openly welcomed to eat, drink and be merry with fans.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, try going to a Philly game in a Cowboy Jersey. Being a kid or woman won't even protect you from those thugs.

My cousin took a mentally disabled guy who LOVES the Cowboys to Lambeau in a Cowboy's Jersey in the early 90's. He had beer thrown at him all game. He was SOAKING wet by the end of the game. So there are even ****** in Green and Gold. But, overall, GB fans are harmless unless you go there and make an *** of yourself.

Redsox fans are pretty bad. Heard about a 6 year old kid in a yankee's shirt there getting peanuts and crap thrown at him all game. A 6 year old kid? WTF is wrong with people.

My Uncle and Cousin are Bear fans and went to the opening game this year and had no problems at Lambeau

My extended family combined has 10 GB season tickets (Is that a record?) and I think it's the most family friendly stadium in the league.

Oh, Texas Stadium/Death Star are easy to go too. Dallas fans are laid back and won't mess with you for wearing the opposite team colors. I even went there with a friend of mine who was a Philly fan. No problems at all, and that game Philly sacked Troy 9 times.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts