Randy Moss a Packer???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A poster on the ESPN Forums had posted this..

The 2 hosts on the Madison ESPN radio show have said the Packers are in talks with the Raiders for Randy Moss..

According to the radio hosts it is going to be A-Rod and or draft pick..

Do not know if these guys are trust worthy, or even if the poster in the forum is..

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually thought Moss did a lot of maturing since he left the Viqueens. We have not heard nearly a peep out of him besides his tantrum when he wanted more play time at the Viking game this year.

With that being said, I can't see this happening but pretty nifty trade rumour though !!!

Reaction score
Hm, interesting trade rumour which I could only see working if the Packers were a lock to pick 1st overall next draft, and they'd target Quinn.

Otherwise, no way TT would pull this trigger IMO.

Is it a good move? Depends. Moss has stated his heart isn't into football this season, but playing for the Raiders, whose would be? He has grown up a great deal, but I just don't think we can afford to have Ingle as our backup at this moment.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm well A-Rod would be going back to play in his hometown more or less, he's a bay area kid...

..i really dont want us to loose our first round pick for the draft!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well one thing thats cool is if Moss were a Packer, is we would still never play against him...LOL...

I think it would be great if he was a Packer, IMO we need all the help we can get, and with the Packers he could be the go to guy for Brett which Moss would love..

The latest that I heard was he was going to the Tampa Bay...

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only way I see this happening is if Brett has told TT that he will play at least 2-3 more years. Otherwise, there is no way we give up our #2 QB.

Why are we so focused on our offense? We are ranked 5th in the league. We need to hold on to the ball and be able to punch it in when we are in the red zone. moving the chains has not been much of a problem.

Get me some D!!!

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
He has grown up a great deal, but I just don't think we can afford to have Ingle as our backup at this moment.

I don't think it matters. We lose with our starter, and our current backup, a.k.a. the future, never plays.

I've always liked Moss, so I'd love to see him as a Packer. If he didn't play on a horrible team, he'd be well on his way to passing Rice in every category, except maybe Super Bowls.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss isn't Packer people but was K-Rob? I figure he might work out playing with Brett but overall I don't think it's worth it. I thought he had matured until he said this year "well if everyone else on the team has lost interest I'm just going to have fun and not take it to serious" Still sounds like he's plays when he wants. I do think people might be surprised how much he might fit into small town GB. Last I heard he was living in a retirement neighbourhood and loved it cause he was left alone.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having him on the Packers,

If TT trades Aaron Rodgers and plans to draft Brady Quinn or something,

If this happens Brett Favre must have said that is what he needs to continue a couple of years more.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I'm amazed how many people around here would like Randy Moss to be a Packer. He is more mature than he used to be, but that's not saying a whole lot. And he's not as bad as T.O., but that's not saying a whole lot, either. He's a crybaby, and he quits on routes. He rubbed his butt on the goalpoast at Lambeau Field. It would be very bad karma for the Packers to sign him. The Koren Robinson signing was puzzling, but signing Moss would be truly disturbing, at least to me.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering his past problems and his salary, I highly doubt TT would risk it. I don't see him as that much of a gambler. The downside is considerable.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Upside with Randy is still pretty big, but come on, we could probably win what, 2 more games with him? How many would a solid veteran like Vincent bring? My guess is six or seven.

On top of that, we take a huge risk if we give Rodgers. When Brett leaves, we're in the same QB situation as Miami is in now, always having that as our biggest position of weakness.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theres is no way everTroy Vincent would help us win 6 or 7 more games. There is no way he would ever plus he is only like 35. This trade is not going to ever happen no matter wont. We are pretty much in the phase of rebuilding so why would we give our "future" QB away to a wr who is like 29 or 30. Plus Teddy loves his draft picks and wouldnt give them away. If we really wanted a tall fast WR like Moss then we would go after Calvin Johnson. But really why, we should Take Adrain Peterson if he is there when we pick and then if we need a wr that bad TT could get us 1 in the second he got us Greg Jennings look what he is becoming, T-Murph last year was a second round pick but thanks to a player of ours who pooped in peoples closets his football career was over. Anyone heard of Chad Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Reggie Brown, Antonio Bryant, Antwaan Randle El,Chris Chambers,Jerry Porter, Muhsin Muhammad all 2nd round picks also we could even find WR's later in the draft like Donald Driver and Marques Colston who is currently leading all rookies if you have good scouts you can find players in the later rounds.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
randle el sucks

He doesnt suck but he isnt great I would take him over Ferg any day he helped Pit win last year and he can return kicks and throw the football, wasnt he a QB in college? Anyway I guess your right he is the worst out of all those 2nd round picks i listed

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because Moss consistently destroyed the Packers doesn't mean he's a bad player or a bad guy. Moss likes to win and Moss likes to do well. When he left Minnesota he left what he thought was a downhill team for an up and coming Raider team. The Current state of Oakland is awful. Playing in GB might help him since he would see the Vikings twice a year and he would get to play with an actual QB who could get him the ball.

This would be a nice fit. The one thing I've always said is the perfect QB for Moss is Favre and Moss is the perfect WR for Favre. It most likely won't happen though but there are rumors that GB is talking to Oakland about possibly getting Randy Moss.

Nothing but rumors though. Someone did bring up a good point. Moss is the type of pickup that could get Favre to commit to the Pack for maybe a year or two more.

Also if a deal were to happen. Maybe Al Harris for Randy Moss straight up. I'd be all for that but then again I don't hate Moss like Most Packer fans do and understandably but don't blame the guy because he was a Viking and he did his job to the Vikings bitter rival.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we all know what moss can bring to the table so why not bring him hear??

i agree we should trade harris for moss.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember the wildcard game against the vikings, Moss was a great teamplayer and pumped up his teammates all the time. He isn't all that bad.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
When he left Minnesota he left what he thought was a downhill team for an up and coming Raider team.

He was traded, so it doesn't matter what "he thought", he had no choice.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People have brought up Koren Robinson being an ill fit for the Packers. Has anyone seen him on any of the local Packer shows? He knows his place and said with no hesitation that Packer fans are much warmer, supporting, and caring than those anywhere else he has been. Green Bay has a way of making players known for being disgruntled or troublesome in other cities feel comfortable and at home (Andre Rison). I feel that Moss would submit to this too and fit fine with the Packers. That being said I am not supporting, nor nay-saying this trade idea. Just think about it.