Preseason Game #2: Packers at Ravens

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The first opportunity to see some first team reps in an actual game. I'm really excited to see how Rodgers navigates the offense. The Packers obviously aren't going to show much, but I'd love to see a couple of sustained drives with the first teamers to get some rhythm.

I'm normally not one to risk Rodgers in preseason, but I don't think playing him a quarter or so is too much, especially if he's getting the ball out of his hands quickly. I wouldn't focus on a whole bunch of long developing plays where he's standing in the pocket for very long.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'd like to see the run game look like something this time too. I thought it was pretty poor overall last game until the end.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
And there you have it. Rapoport says Rodgers will play about a quarter this Thursday. Me like.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brown, MvS, Bolton and Tonyan plus Shepard are were hyped before this match. Let's see who does what.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm eager to see what Rodgers does, but WHY BALTIMORE!?

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first opportunity to see some first team reps in an actual game. I'm really excited to see how Rodgers navigates the offense. The Packers obviously aren't going to show much, but I'd love to see a couple of sustained drives with the first teamers to get some rhythm.

I'm normally not one to risk Rodgers in preseason, but I don't think playing him a quarter or so is too much, especially if he's getting the ball out of his hands quickly. I wouldn't focus on a whole bunch of long developing plays where he's standing in the pocket for very long.

From what little I know about the Raven's defense Rodgers absolutely has to get the ball of fast or he's going down.

I always have mixed feelings about Rodgers playing. I know he needs to get in rthym with the offense but I am concerned about injuries.

Will be bitting my nails while he is in.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm eager to see what Rodgers does, but WHY BALTIMORE!?

I fully expect the starting offensive line to be out there with Rodgers to protect him as well as MLF forcing the quarterback to get rid of the ball quickly. In that case there shouldn't be any reason to be worried about the Ravens or any other teams pass rush for that matter.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fully expect the starting offensive line to be out there with Rodgers to protect him as well as MLF forcing the quarterback to get rid of the ball quickly. In that case there shouldn't be any reason to be worried about the Ravens or any other teams pass rush for that matter.
The only thing that really makes me a little nervous is that last year Rodgers was in the pocket, when he sprained his leg. Factor that in with how physical and hard Baltimore in. I'm gonna be sweating bullets and praying no one gets hurt. XD

D

Deleted member 6794

The only thing that really makes me a little nervous is that last year Rodgers was in the pocket, when he sprained his leg. Factor that in with how physical and hard Baltimore in. I'm gonna be sweating bullets and praying no one gets hurt. XD

Well, there's a risk Rodgers gets injured on every single play. I'm not overly worried about him during the preseason though when he's hopefully smart enough not to extend plays and increase the risk of it.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excited to see how the rookies/young guys play with veterans around them. For at least a quarter, Gary won't be the focal point of the OL. Savage will have good defenders around him, etc etc.

Still expect the offense to be pretty dumbed down. They're not going to give everything away.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i get to go bowling with my wife's law firm instead. I'm so excited I could ****.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Do or die. This will make the season!

If LaFleur doesn't play Rodgers the whole game, he's a coward who will never win.

It's time for the PRECIOUS defense to PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These guys are SOFT! They will NEVER be able to stop Baltimore's RUNNING game!

[Insert ********** or car analogy here]

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers will not play tonight due to back tightness. A precautionary decision for the Packers.

Well alrighty then.....