Prediction on how many wins GB has at end of regular season...

How many wins do we end up with in regular season?

• 1-2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-5

• 5-7

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • 7-9

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • 9 or 10

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • 10 or 11

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 11 or 12

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 12 or 13

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 13 or 14

• 14 - 17

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I believe we have had this debate before, but IMO you are a little too optimistic when it comes to the compensatory picks. Time will tell. I keep telling my friend to chill, but some guys just won't listen, so hear it is. If 3 years is too soon to consider a pick a bust, is 13 games too early to consider a pick a hit?
Well that depends. It depends on what your definition of “is” is
(I learned this wonderful Defense from the Lewinsky deposition :tup:)

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that depends. It depends on what your definition of “is” is
(I learned this wonderful Defense from the Lewinsky deposition :tup:)
I predicted 7. There is always the chance that they blow the Carolina game and fall short.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm still torn between pulling for a high draft position and hoping for a playoff spot. If the Packers can bounce back and play like they did against the Lions and Chiefs, then GO PACK, WIN OUT! However, if they are stuck at the level of play that we saw against the Giants, GO PACK, GET SOME PLAYER EXPERIENCE AND MOVE BACK INTO THE TOP 5 PICK POSITION.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predicted 7. There is always the chance that they blow the Carolina game and fall short.
A lot of people are expecting the Packers to win out, and that cold certainly happen. But we've got a couple division games (which are always tough), and a division leader to play. I'm not sure that the the team has shown the consistency needed to win four games straight.

Reaction score
A lot of people are expecting the Packers to win out, and that cold certainly happen. But we've got a couple division games (which are always tough), and a division leader to play. I'm not sure that the the team has shown the consistency needed to win four games straight.
I agree.

If we beat Tampa Bay Sunday?
We should end up finish 9-8 and 7th seed minimum.

If we also find a way to beat the Vikings on the Road in those 3 Wins?
I think we go 6th Seed

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
GET SOME PLAYER EXPERIENCE AND MOVE BACK INTO THE TOP 5 PICK POSITION.
I actually thought it would be difficult to get a top 5 draft pick until I checked and the current #5 team has 5 wins. If the Packers didn't qualify for the playoffs they'd be a top 15 pick ATM. Houston is 15 with 7 wins though they traded it to Arizona.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I actually thought it would be difficult to get a top 5 draft pick until I checked and the current #5 team has 5 wins. If the Packers didn't qualify for the playoffs they'd be a top 15 pick ATM. Houston is 15 with 7 wins though they traded it to Arizona.
Yup. The Packers are currently at #11. While they can't catch the Panthers for the #1 pick, they could slide into the top 5. At this point, they really don't look like a playoff team, so I would be fine with getting some valuable playing experience for the younger guys, even see what Sean Clifford can do at QB in the second half of some of the final 3 games.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. The Packers are currently at #11. While they can't catch the Panthers for the #1 pick, they could slide into the top 5. At this point, they really don't look like a playoff team, so I would be fine with getting some valuable playing experience for the younger guys, even see what Sean Clifford can do at QB in the second half of some of the final 3 games.
Clifford should be out there for the Bears game. The Vikings are in the hunt so we have to try and win that one. And I say try.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barring a Love injury, I have no desire to see Clifford. If Love is the guy going forward then Love is the guy through the end of the season.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is good to get your back up some meaningful work when you can. You never know. If Love got hurt next season we may need him. Remember how Matt Flynn saved our 2013 season. He got to play a game and a half in 2010. And then the season finale in 2011.

Reaction score
My feelings wouldn’t be hurt if
we Win 1 of the next 3 etc.
finish 7-10 and select at #6-#9

I’m not trying to lose, but get a look at a few fringe players now. It’s also a legitimate excuse to pull players without it getting personal. Sean Rhyan coming in for Runyon Jr. would be one example.

I’d also definitely allow Clifford to playing time. We need to smartly prepare for next season. Let’s not have Love tear his ACL in Week 17 etc. no reason to risk an entire next season. Take our licks, draft top 6-10 each round and cmon. It’s totally acceptable now, it’s not going to be some huge surprise.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I’m not trying to lose, but get a look at a few fringe players now. It’s also a legitimate excuse to pull players without it getting personal. Sean Rhyan coming in for Runyon Jr. would be one example.

I’d also definitely allow Clifford to playing time. We need to smartly prepare for next season. Let’s not have Love tear his ACL in Week 17 etc. no reason to risk an entire next season. Take our licks, draft top 6-10 each round and cmon. It’s totally acceptable now, it’s not going to be some huge surprise.
And I would think the Bears will be thinking the same in the finale as well. It could be like an ice cold preseason game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Barring a Love injury, I have no desire to see Clifford. If Love is the guy going forward then Love is the guy through the end of the season.
I believe Love IS the guy going forward. However, getting Clifford some valuable real game time could do a lot for his ability to backup Love in 2024 and beyond. Love got very little real game experience until this season, I think that slowed/delayed his growth.

As someone else pointed out, Love suffers an injury that takes a year to heal and you have just potentially set the team back another season.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
1. Win out and make the playoffs.
2. Win 1 more for my 7win prediction to come true.
3. Lose out for better draft position.
1. Even if they made the playoffs, do they really stand a chance to go very far?

2. Who cares ;)

3. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Love IS the guy going forward. However, getting Clifford some valuable real game time could do a lot for his ability to backup Love in 2024 and beyond. Love got very little real game experience until this season, I think that slowed/delayed his growth.

As someone else pointed out, Love suffers an injury that takes a year to heal and you have just potentially set the team back another season.

Ok, that makes more sense. Was thinking people were moving on from Love and wanted to see Clifford as a starter potentially in 2024.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like optimists. But remember the words of George Carlin. " Inside every silver lining...There's a dark cloud. "
I'm sure that's true. But I'm always trying to find the silver lining in every bad thing that happens.