Post Game Positives & Negatives

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Positives:

1) Abdul Hodge showed he can play.
2) Defense played a good game up until the end
3) Charles Woodson is still a Pro Bowl player.
4) Manuel plays well in the snow against his former teams
5) Our defense is coming together...sort of.
6) Donald Driver and Greg Jennings are studs, but need a better QB.

Negatives:

1) Brett Favre wont come back next year.
2) Ahman Green has never been a good RB, he proves it and has proven it for a while.
3) Our running scheme is so plain and readible....it looks like we only run in power formation and only to the left side.
4) AJ Hawk didnt do good today.
5) Our Goal Line Defense and Offense sucks.
6) Special Teams is worst of all, our kickoff and punt return players sure are "special".

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Positives:

Negatives:

2) Ahman Green has never been a good RB, he proves it and has proven it for a while.
3) Our running scheme is so plain and readible....it looks like we only run in power formation and only to the left side.
6) Special Teams is worst of all, our kickoff and punt return players sure are "special".

do us all a favor a spare us of this crap.

Better QB my ***.

Green has been a pro-bowl back for years, just not at this point.

How do you know Favre isnt coming back?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure why you don't think Favre is coming back next year????

Positives:

Hodge looked fairly good
Manuel actually made a play
Woodson and Harris were solid
Pass Protection was solid

Negatives:

The Refs were awful
Favre was just okay when we really needed him tonight
Running Game wasn't there. They need Tauscher.
No Pass Rush.
Coaching was awful.

stlpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
will you people quit ****ing saying green is no good...if he gets 150 yards and 2 tds next week hes our savior until he has another bad game..maybe he hasnt been amazing this year but never good? come on

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Positives:

Negatives:

1) He played decent, but not great.
2) Run defense blew.
3) He hasn't played like a pro-bowler consistently this season, but he has the talent.
4) He still only played okay.
5) Agree to an extent.
6) Or a better running game?

Negatives:

1) Not sure why you say this.
2) Disagree, anytime someone gets 1600 yards he's good. Get real.
3) Zone blocking takes time to learn, remember we have 3 rookie offensive linemen.
4) He certainly didn't lose the game for us.
5) Agree
6) Agree

Reaction score
Perhaps I am the only one dissapointed by Hodge's play?

He seemed to get eaten by blockers, seemed to miss a couple of key tackles that he could have made with better technique, and he just seemed a step too slow out there in coverage.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
our defense is coming together to an extent, i agree, we're solid tackling but we're not reading the play, i dont know if its our system or we're just that slow to recognize, and please call some blitzes, hasselbeck had way too much time in the second half

OP
OP
A

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
these are just my opinions of how the game went, please dont ridicule me and say stuff to me or about me...just comment on what you think were positives and negatives. do all the packer fans go into a post loss rage ? the reason i think Green isnt any good, is because the year he had 1600 rush yards was the year we had the best linemen in the league. hes never shown ability like any of the quick strong and elusive running backs in the league, i can name many....as for Brett Favre, he still plays well...but this team needs to find someone else sometime...he has to give it up someday...why not start sooner.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

He seemed to get eaten by blockers, seemed to miss a couple of key tackles that he could have made with better technique, and he just seemed a step too slow out there in coverage.

And missed more than a couple tackles on Alexander.

He was OK, but Barnett is better

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Positives:

Negatives:

I have to say this post takes the cake for ridiculous opinions.

Abdul showed he could play while hawk "didnt' do good? Adbul and his 6 tackles(1 in the second half) and getting beat by jeremy stevens for a TD? I'm not dissing Hodge because it was his first game, but once the snow cleared up he flat out disappeared. Hawk had 15 total tackles to lead the team....again.

Our defense as a whole was AWFUL even in the first half. Dumb throws and TO's by the Hawks kept us in the game.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

Agreed, Barnett is a much better player, but at least we were spared the samurai chop dance tonight. I suppose if that were Barnett running the fumble back, he would have added a reverse thrust kick for our pleasure.

Seriously though, Barnett should stay in the middle for us for many years. I'm thinking Hodge will be a career backup/special teams player.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

Agreed, Barnett is a much better player, but at least we were spared the samurai chop dance tonight. I suppose if that were Barnett running the fumble back, he would have added a reverse thrust kick for our pleasure.

Seriously though, Barnett should stay in the middle for us for many years. I'm thinking Hodge will be a career backup/special teams player.

I don't think we can completely write off Hodge after one game, but I he wasn't very impressive tonite, IMO. He made a great play on that fumble, though. Right place at the right time.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we can completely write off Hodge after one game, but I he wasn't very impressive tonite, IMO. He made a great play on that fumble, though. Right place at the right time.

I also like his hair.

It should be a rule: If you want to play defense for the Packers you must have dreadlocks.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

I also like his hair.

It should be a rule: If you want to play defense for the Packers you must have dreadlocks.

Well Hawk has the long hair already.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And could be a key reason why Alexander was able to run for over 200. Barnett has been far better against the run.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And could be a key reason why Alexander was able to run for over 200. Barnett has been far better against the run.

Barnett is far better, but shouldn't that be expected of a 4 year vet vs a first time starting rook? Although I'm glad that maybe the media will get off of MM's back about starting Hodge and moving Barnett to the outside.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Yared-Yam said:

Cory, I'm not writing him off. If he works hard, he might become a solid starter someday, but what I saw tonight was not a player good enough to crack the starting lineup in Green Bay when everyone is healthy. All our linebackers are young, so where will he play?

Members online

Latest posts