Pittsburg-Vikings

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He drove the length of the field twice in 4 minutes do you think

Though Peterson bowled over a guy and ran for like 30 yards ?

but yeah Brett did it all

yet when its a fumble for a TD it isnt his fault

:viksux::happy0005:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
2 years ago you guys would stand in line for hours to sniff his jock strap but now he sucks. You Packer backers crack me up
No, it is that he had a huge roll in the way they lost yet you refuse to acknowledge it

And off topic, but you need to stop the name calling..This is the last time we mention it I hope

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the game. It has to do with the way you address people here while posting. Is there a need for the disrespect?
Do you want to talk football or do you want to talk cheerleading rheteric. The problem is you got abunch of packer fans who act like kids with the vikings sux crap and favre sucks crap. I have posted many positives about the packers but all the garbage talk draws it out of me. It is football and we all love it so I am way to old to get it into with a 110 pound kid who is a badass on his PC posting that garbage. With My size I would bet most of these tough kids would be quiet as a church mouse standing next to me. So if you want to talk football I am here if you want to talk garbage I am here until Longtime guy kicks me off

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be here all day to take trash to a queen! Lets begin with this awesome play and tackle attempt by your "great" qb!:viksux:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZhS95PFMD4"]YouTube - Steelers Return Favre Interception for TD to Secure the Win[/ame]

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, it is that he had a huge roll in the way they lost yet you refuse to acknowledge it

And off topic, but you need to stop the name calling..This is the last time we mention it I hope
How did they lose? they racked up 440 yards of offense to the top ranked defense in the league the last 2 years. Brett favre had 340 yards or so in the air. Big Ben picked up 175 yards in passing and they had no running game. the Vikings lost but to say that they didn't outplay them is crazy. they were outcoached as childress is a bad coach and I have always said that. It was great game with 2 very good teams. I never said the Vikings would beat Pitt in Pitt but they had their chances. That is one that got away

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Though Peterson bowled over a guy and ran for like 30 yards ?

but yeah Brett did it all

yet when its a fumble for a TD it isnt his fault

:viksux::happy0005:
you are a moron who cannot talk sensible football, seriously shouldn't you be in school?

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im 18 and its funny how you can talk smack at us when we lose, but when you lose you cant take it.

Also that sign is so funny

:viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How did they lose? they racked up 440 yards of offense to the top ranked defense in the league the last 2 years. Brett favre had 340 yards or so in the air. Big Ben picked up 175 yards in passing and they had no running game. the Vikings lost but to say that they didn't outplay them is crazy. they were outcoached as childress is a bad coach and I have always said that. It was great game with 2 very good teams. I never said the Vikings would beat Pitt in Pitt but they had their chances. That is one that got away

Arent we told time and time again so what if you have 500 yards passing and rushing, its the W that counts....

Just get over the fact the Vikings lost, I know its hard but stop blaming the refs, and this or that...

What ifs do not matter!

That is what YOU said after the Monday night game

So stop the what if game.

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im 18 and its funny how you can talk smack at us when we lose, but when you lose you cant take it.

Also that sign is so funny

:viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux:
when my kids get home from school i'll have them argue with you clowns. You guys are like little kids. LOL

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arent we told time and time again so what if you have 500 yards passing and rushing, its the W that counts....

Just get over the fact the Vikings lost, I know its hard but stop blaming the refs, and this or that...

What ifs do not matter!

You clowns got outplayed as you were down by 17 with 3 minutes to go so cry all you want the whole country saw the packers get the ***** kicked on Monday night. The Vikings and steelers game was a good game. the packers vikings game was over at halftime, BTW you forgot your cool Vikings sux sign on your last post.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You clowns got outplayed as you were down by 17 with 3 minutes to go so cry all you want the whole country saw the packers get the ***** kicked on Monday night. The Vikings and steelers game was a good game. the packers vikings game was over at halftime, BTW you forgot your cool Vikings sux sign on your last post.

I am not crying..but when we brought up the obvious biased that the Vikings got, we were told you had to play better

Nahhhhhhhhhh..
Didnt forget it

Waiting till you apologize for being a name calling troll 1st

Altiery54

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What ifs do not matter!

This is sooo true! A perfect example would be the Denver Broncos(who I love watching) Every week it appears as they are out played, but they always find a way to pull out the W

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
The game at Heinz Field was a great game ... despite the fact that the Vikings lost ...

Steelers played pretty solid at defense ... and as a team the Steelers have a rep of playing to the level of their opponent (especially at home it seems, regardless of level ...) - The Vikings managed to contain the Steelers offense as well ...

Personally, I think that game had most of what most (football) fans would want ... intensity ... (relative) solid play overall ... It's not like the Vikings got blown away ... far from it ...

I think the game proved that the Vikings are infact a pretty good team this year, and much better than most critics would like to admit ... And lets face it ... a Vikings loss was probably the "best" thing that could have happened regarding "build-up" (in terms of fans and media) for this Sundays rematch in Green Bay at Lambeau ...

Losing to the Steelers at Heinz Field wasn't as "catastrophic" as alot of "experts" (analysists) and fans are making it out to ... The Vikings are 6-1, and it was an out of conference game as well as on the road, so the impact it will have will most likely be minimal, no matter how you look at it ... And probably meant more to the Steelers than it did to the Vikings ...

I can't help but smile, when some people insist on that old Greybeard caused the loss, but that same thing will happen every time he either loses or throws an interception ...

The Steelers are a pretty good team (especially at home), however, most people seem to (conviently) forget that ...

The Dolphins managed to put a "scare" into most NO fans ... and was playing pretty well against the Saints, untill they "Ran out of Gas" ...

Not to mention Atlanta Falcons that were (also) brought down to earth in Dallas by the Cowboys ... - Romo played pretty well in that game, but I guess he didn't have much to do with that win and was just lucky ? heh ...

As I've said before ... this Sundays game, by all accounts, should be a very interesting one, and also one that will get alot of attention.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah with that 400 yards of passing that Big Ben has been doing not to mention Super Bowl champions on their own turf, your right they suck. They have lost 2 games both by 3 points so your right Steelers are terrible and they are nothing special. Your a moron. They are are in the top 5 in offense and top 10 in defense and the Vikings who you have repeatedly ripped for haveing a terrible defense shuts them down so to strengthen your arguement it is because the steelers are nothing special? Gotcha Gotcha king cheesehead

I'm a moron for no apparent reason other than challenging your homerism, yet you prove on nearly every post to have serious issues with spelling, sentence structure and paragraph construction. Not only that, but you're very rude which usually is an indication of youth, or lack of sophistication.

You should take some time off from this forum and maybe hang around your own for a few weeks to cool off - just a suggestion.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game at Heinz Field was a great game ... despite the fact that the Vikings lost ...

Steelers played pretty solid at defense ... and as a team the Steelers have a rep of playing to the level of their opponent (especially at home it seems, regardless of level ...) - The Vikings managed to contain the Steelers offense as well ...

Personally, I think that game had most of what most (football) fans would want ... intensity ... (relative) solid play overall ... It's not like the Vikings got blown away ... far from it ...

I think the game proved that the Vikings are infact a pretty good team this year, and much better than most critics would like to admit ... And lets face it ... a Vikings loss was probably the "best" thing that could have happened regarding "build-up" (in terms of fans and media) for this Sundays rematch in Green Bay at Lambeau ...

Losing to the Steelers at Heinz Field wasn't as "catastrophic" as alot of "experts" (analysists) and fans are making it out to ... The Vikings are 6-1, and it was an out of conference game as well as on the road, so the impact it will have will most likely be minimal, no matter how you look at it ... And probably meant more to the Steelers than it did to the Vikings ...

I can't help but smile, when some people insist on that old Greybeard caused the loss, but that same thing will happen every time he either loses or throws an interception ...

The Steelers are a pretty good team (especially at home), however, most people seem to (conviently) forget that ...

The Dolphins managed to put a "scare" into most NO fans ... and was playing pretty well against the Saints, untill they "Ran out of Gas" ...

Not to mention Atlanta Falcons that were (also) brought down to earth in Dallas by the Cowboys ... - Romo played pretty well in that game, but I guess he didn't have much to do with that win and was just lucky ? heh ...

As I've said before ... this Sundays game, by all accounts, should be a very interesting one, and also one that will get alot of attention.

Yes, and the same thing happens when old greybeard throws one up in the air and one of his receivers miraculously come down with it when it should have been a pick. So it works both ways, and the world has to listen about his miracle throws where he won the game singlehandedly one hell of a lot more than his "picks" that are of course never his fault.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree with some of your points but as much as people want to claim Pittsburgh is a great team, I don't believe they really are. What they are good at is forcing teams to play their style of game and the Vikings took the bait.

I'll agree Minnesota played decently, but at the end of the day, they lost by 10 points to an inferior opponent and Favre was mostly responsible for the 14 of the points the Steelers put up. There is no way Minnesota's secondary plays like the NFL's top-ranked - on the road - against one of the best passing NFL offenses - minus their top cornerback IF Pitt doesn't happen to be a tad overrated.

From what I've seen of Favre in 20 years is that he seems to mentally play out certain games with certain opponents in his head beforehand and if he feels he can't win, he almost lays down and he plays so much differently than he usually does - I think it might be advancing age and the loss of the carefree attitudes of youth. He's always had trouble with Pittsburgh and yesterday he really seemed out of sorts in the pocket. I'll admit, he's getting less comfortable in the pocket with each passing year, but yesterday he was jerkin' around like he was amped-up on Red Bull and most of the time there wasn't a defender near him. And, when he gets skittish, he's not as loose and fumbles and pick-sixes happen. He's really gotta watch some game film because the film won't lie - he is being well-protected and he needs to relax.

Minnesota is a pretty solid team, but they're proving to have serious issues putting an entire game's worth of offense/defense/ST together. Early, the running game was fine and the passing game sucked. Now, the passing game is great (save yesterday), but the running game sucks. The defensive front four are great, but the secondary sucks. Yesterday, the secondary was solid and the passing offense was extremely inefficient (6.5 YPA will not cut it on the road) and the running game was yet again abysmal overall.

It might take more time for Minnesota to get the "dominant" **** in their walk, but until they do, they're gonna continue to play inconsistently.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Yes, and the same thing happens when old greybeard throws one up in the air and one of his receivers miraculously come down with it when it should have been a pick. So it works both ways, and the world has to listen about his miracle throws where he won the game singlehandedly one hell of a lot more than his "picks" that are of course never his fault.

Not exactly ... - I've watched more than enough games to be able to see when he does "throw it up for grabs" versus when he does not ...

However that is besides the point really, and the funny thing is ... I'm pretty sure most will agree ...

So far in this season the interceptions haven't really been his fault (aside from one in my opinion) ... - And I've pointed out earlier (also on this board) that the line between "Genious" and "Boneheaded-play" is thin ...

If you make the play, you are "great", if you don't you are a "fool" ... The thing I'm pointing out is, whenever it's about Favre, it's "always" his fault, no matter what ... regardless of who his team is playing, never mind the fact that the Steelers actually played pretty solid on defense (as did the Vikings) ...

Fact is, Favre is (currently) playing very well ... Will it hold up ? - Who knows, however, I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts :happy0005: Incidently ... - the same can be said for about every other quarterback in this league and beyond ...

Favre isn't flawless, no one is saying that, heck, old Greybeard even said afterwards that he held on to the ball too long on occassions ... - Which is more than can be said of alot of other quarterbacks in this league ...

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not exactly ... - I've watched more than enough games to be able to see when he does "throw it up for grabs" versus when he does not ...

However that is besides the point really, and the funny thing is ... I'm pretty sure most will agree ...

So far in this season the interceptions haven't really been his fault (aside from one in my opinion) ... - And I've pointed out earlier (also on this board) that the line between "Genious" and "Boneheaded-play" is thin ...

If you make the play, you are "great", if you don't you are a "fool" ... The thing I'm pointing out is, whenever it's about Favre, it's "always" his fault, no matter what ... regardless of who his team is playing, never mind the fact that the Steelers actually played pretty solid on defense (as did the Vikings) ...

Fact is, Favre is (currently) playing very well ... Will it hold up ? - Who knows, however, I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts :happy0005: Incidently ... - the same can be said for about every other quarterback in this league and beyond ...

Favre isn't flawless, no one is saying that, heck, old Greybeard even said afterwards that he held on to the ball too long on occassions ... - Which is more than can be said of alot of other quarterbacks in this league ...

Honestly, the reason you are going to hear alot about his picks this year is because everyone is getting truly sick and tired of hearing how every single thing he ever did and does is so much more wonderful than anyone else. The sports world has had to listen to nothing but Favre, and of course are starting to look for and jump on any mistakes with glee. He can make the same exact play as another QB and you don't hear about them, but Favre's get replayed and replayed til you want to puke.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I agree with some of your points but as much as people want to claim Pittsburgh is a great team, I don't believe they really are. What they are good at is forcing teams to play their style of game and the Vikings took the bait.

I agree, so far Steelers aren't "as great" as they were last season, however ... - at that point last seasons ... the Steelers weren't exactly "Super Bowl bound" either ...

However the Steelers do have a pretty good record at Heinz Field, regardless of who is playing ... - Which is why I don't think so much can be put into this loss really ...

I'll agree Minnesota played decently, but at the end of the day, they lost by 10 points to an inferior opponent and Favre was mostly responsible for the 14 of the points the Steelers put up. There is no way Minnesota's secondary plays like the NFL's top-ranked - on the road - against one of the best passing NFL offenses - minus their top cornerback IF Pitt doesn't happen to be a tad overrated.

It's almost impossible to be considered playing well, when you are losing ... And I wouldn't call the Steelers "inferior" ... the Steelers currently are a better team than the Packers on all 3 phases ... "Overrated" ? Perhaps ... But I would say the same about the Saints really ... especially if you watched their game against the Dolphins ... (untill the last part of the 4th quarter, where it seemed like the entire Dolphins team ran out of gas lol)

From what I've seen of Favre in 20 years is that he seems to mentally play out certain games with certain opponents in his head beforehand and if he feels he can't win, he almost lays down and he plays so much differently than he usually does - I think it might be advancing age and the loss of the carefree attitudes of youth. He's always had trouble with Pittsburgh and yesterday he really seemed out of sorts in the pocket. I'll admit, he's getting less comfortable in the pocket with each passing year, but yesterday he was jerkin' around like he was amped-up on Red Bull and most of the time there wasn't a defender near him. And, when he gets skittish, he's not as loose and fumbles and pick-sixes happen. He's really gotta watch some game film because the film won't lie - he is being well-protected and he needs to relax.

Whenever a team loses ... most players will be "faulted" for not doing right ... - that's the nature of the game (any sports really), however, just as you point out, I can give you just as many examples of the opposite ... ex. the throw to AP where AP ran over his tackler ... On that play pressure was comming from all sides, and old Greybeard stepped up into the pocket and made the throw ...

Granted, in the end the offense could have played much better, however, I personally think more credit should be given to the Steeler defense than faulting the Minnesota offense really ... (but that's just me ...)

Minnesota is a pretty solid team, but they're proving to have serious issues putting an entire game's worth of offense/defense/ST together. Early, the running game was fine and the passing game sucked. Now, the passing game is great (save yesterday), but the running game sucks. The defensive front four are great, but the secondary sucks. Yesterday, the secondary was solid and the passing offense was extremely inefficient (6.5 YPA will not cut it on the road) and the running game was yet again abysmal overall.

Can't argue here, but that is also why I am not that worried really (so far hah), because if a team doesn't have room for some (serious) improvement it (mostly) means they are on the verge of peaking ... - Which is never good this "early" in the season ... - Case in point ... Which is the reason why I don't think that the Saints will be as dominant later in the season as they seem to be now ...

It might take more time for Minnesota to get the "dominant" **** in their walk, but until they do, they're gonna continue to play inconsistently.

Again, can't argue your point here, however, so far ... the Vikings have managed to get the wins that mattered ... - Granted a win against the Steelers on the road would have been preferred I think, but, looking back at the game ... it was a very close one, and could easily have gone either way ... - This way the "famous marginals" was on the Steelers side, just as the marginals have had been on Minnesota's side in the games against SF and the Ravens ... (those were the only 2 other really close games they have played so far) ...

Honestly, the reason you are going to hear alot about his picks this year is because everyone is getting truly sick and tired of hearing how every single thing he ever did and does is so much more wonderful than anyone else. The sports world has had to listen to nothing but Favre, and of course are starting to look for and jump on any mistakes with glee. He can make the same exact play as another QB and you don't hear about them, but Favre's get replayed and replayed til you want to puke.

I don't really mind hearing about his picks, however, I just find it a little bit inconsistent when people can't seem to look at the games where they happened, and just flat out "rule" and argue like they do ..., because in all likelyhood ... then people aren't really watching the game to watch it, but more watching it so they can say they watched it ... without really watching the game itself ...

I know fan(atic)s will always be "emotional" and biased, however ... we are all "football" fans here (or so I think) and regardless, whom we like (and don't like) haha, looking at the (individual) games, so far in this season ... there isn't really any substantial "proof" that old Greybeard has "thrown" (and caused the loss) of (so far) only one game so far ...

Just becase I like some teams more than others, doesn't make me "oblivious" nor "blind" to acknowlegde when the opposing team or players there of are making great/good plays ...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I've seen of Favre in 20 years is that he seems to mentally play out certain games with certain opponents in his head beforehand and if he feels he can't win, he almost lays down and he plays so much differently than he usually does - I think it might be advancing age and the loss of the carefree attitudes of youth.
I think he does that, but I don't think it has to do with age. I think it has more to do with his personality, and the lack of control he got in green bay after Holmgren's departure. As much people try to make a case that Favre was allways a "gunslinger" and that was just the way he played, IMO it's not the case. He had that trait in him all along, but with Holmgren, it was contained, for most of the time.

It wasn't until Holmgren left that Favre started throwing into traffic often. And that was not the case this Sunday.

Why I got rilled up about was the fact that for some people he deserves the credit for winning, but no blame for losing, and altough he wasn't careless with the ball, he did held it too long and too loosely, and threw an off-rythm, high and strong, though very catchable, ball.
-
And Quentius, you're right. Favre IS playing pretty well. However, Sunday he did not. He moved the chains pretty well, but in the end he was directly responsable for 14 Steelers points and 0 Vikings points. That, in my opinion, doesn't translate to a good game.