1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Pittsburg-Vikings

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Skol guy, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Weak argument because we are all aware of how Brett has no problem sacrificing his body for the betterment of his club. If he makes cut blocks on linebackers and cornerbacks and lineman - which is MUCH more dangerous, physically than a tackle - what is wrong with making a simple grab-the-legs-and-pull-down tackle??? I don't think I've ever seen a player injure himself making a tackle coming from behind; the guy being tackled, yeah sometimes, but the tackler has the advantage of preparing accordingly. Remember Big Ben against the Colts a few years back? He had the stones to atone for his mistake and it ended up enabling Pittsburgh to win that game and then the Super Bowl.

Favre chose to Sally-boy his way thru that play and the fumble cost his team at least 3 points. The failure to tackle cost his team an additional 7. That's a swing of at LEAST 10 points.

Favre's pick cost his team at LEAST 3 points and cost his team another 7 - again, another swing of at LEAST 10 points.

So, Favre was directly responsible for at LEAST 20 points that either Minnesota didn't score and Pittsburgh did. That ain't good.
  2. Quientus

Quientus Oenophile

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Heh ... sorry but that comment made me chuckle quite abit ...

I don't really see the Packers like Brazil (in soccer), sorry ... but the Packers are just not that "dominant" ... - nor do they have the overall talent caliber that Brazil usually always has ...

Incidently there is one time where Denmark actually played like a legitimate WC contender, the quarterfinals against Brazil in 1998 ... That was a very close game ... and had Denmark won that game (lost 2-3) I actually think Denmark would have won the WC that year ...

There are always a handfull of teams (about 10) every year in the NFL that has a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl ... - You can't really say the same in Soccer really ...

That's another thing that I like about the NFL (sadly it's about to be "exponged" ...) is the Drafting system ... - Something that would benefit the Soccer organisation alot in Europe (but it will never happen with the EU rules) ... The drafting system (in part) is also a reason why teams that really "suck" one season can come out and be "great" in the following season ...

- And about tailgating, I'll definitely check it out if the Packers are in the Play-Offs when I get to Green Bay in January ... - Perhaps I can even bring out my Ahman Green shirt (since he seem to be playing again haha)
  3. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Funny you are the only one who has said that. You sound so convincing. Have you joined that special group behind enemy lines yet? We miss you dearly and we are putting on a strong front without you but some times the Empty feeling of not haveing you by our sides is unbearable as we fight the good fight of "Good and Evil". No seriously I think your time is about up for the day so go wake up daddy so we can have an adult conversation
  4. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Bump, here is one of the mods blameing favre
  5. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    another Bump with your blameing favre
  6. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    So what? Isn't it true?

Hauschild has already summed up pretty nicely this game. Don't know what's your point in that.
  7. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Bump
  8. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Bump yeah boy did you guys sucker us into picking up favre. That 26-6 TD to INT ratio is embarrassing
  9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,619 / 77 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:

Ummm yeah??

I also said this
    Your rantings were more so pointing to me claiming Brett was responsible for the ENTIRE loss...

Care to show me where I said that?
  10. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Anyway as I pointed out earlier a certain play that was very much the same with the same outcome in the Vikings packers1 game I recalled you blameing the horrible line play for Rodgers fumble as the pocket collapsed but in Favres case you blame the wiley vet, a man who has "Been there,done that" in this league including 16 for your team, all of a sudden forgot how to QB and allowed the pocket to collapse on him? well as long as your being fair and logical