Packers notes

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

szeuske

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Boykin questionable does Janis get activated this week? I hope so, offense needs a spark and Boykin's drops aren't igniting anything

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

With Boykin questionable does Janis get activated this week? I hope so, offense needs a spark and Boykin's drops aren't igniting anything

If Boykin can't play there's no doubt Janis would get activated.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he doesn't have Rodgers' "trust",but Janis isn't going to get his "trust" until he he is able to take multiple reps in practice with Rodgers and get some game time with him. Same goes for Adams who looked pretty good in the Jets game. If nothing else put Janis in returning punts

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't hurt to try Janis in a specified if limited role, and give more reps to Adams. A 1-3 start, 0-3 in the conference and 0-2 in the division, is a deep hole.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Datone Jones has ankle sprain, McCarthy not sure he'll be able to practice on Wednesday.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darn! his "production" will be missed...keep Janis activated with this move.
Being a good football player is about more than catching passes. Taylor was a special teams standout and an above average blocker at his position. Of course guys like Janis are more exciting, but a good, complete football team is also built around guys like Taylor, Kuhn and Bush.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being a good football player is about more than catching passes. Taylor was a special teams standout and an above average blocker at his position. Of course guys like Janis are more exciting, but a good, complete football team is also built around guys like Taylor, Kuhn and Bush.

Hmm?? i didn't see anything that stood out about taylor except he used to get alot of penalties. Apparently being a standout on special teams and an above average blocker wasn't good enough to cut it.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, wasnt Janis already on the active roster even with Taylor here too? So since we cut Taylor, are we bringing in a FA or someone off the PS onto the active roster? If so, I wonder who and what position...........

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's something to be said for special teams consistency. The Bears signed some clown last week to play special teams...and on his very first action he drilled the punt returned before he had a chance to make the catch... and allowed the Panthers to score a TD on the return! LOL

I loved that one. Couldn't happen to a better bunch of dckheads.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If they viewed Taylor as an above average blocker I think he would have gotten more snaps from scrimmage because they are not getting good blocking from the TE spot. But he did contribute on STs. The only TE on the PS is Justin Perillo - I'll be surprised if he's called up - pretty tough for him to be able to add even as much as Taylor at this point.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting. Maybe Ted has found another D-lineman?

This is what I am wondering. Because Janis was already on the active roster. Have we targeted another FA DL to sign? Or could we bringing up someone off the PS onto the 53?

Any ideas?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Interesting. Maybe Ted has found another D-lineman?

This is what I am wondering. Because Janis was already on the active roster. Have we targeted another FA DL to sign? Or could we bringing up someone off the PS onto the 53?

Any ideas?

The Packers only had 52 players on their active roster for nearly two weeks earlier in the season, so I wouldn´t read too much into them releasing Taylor. The timing is kind of odd though.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers have signed WR Kevin Dorsey to the 53 man roster and add CB Tay Glover-Wright to the practice squad.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm?? i didn't see anything that stood out about taylor except he used to get alot of penalties. Apparently being a standout on special teams and an above average blocker wasn't good enough to cut it.
Good enough to cut it for us for three years and apparently good enough for Ozzie and the Baltimore Ravens.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers add DE Joe Kruger to the practice squad. He´s a second-year player out of Utah who was drafted in the seventh round of the 2013 draft by the Eagles and spent all of last season on injured reserve.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers sign G Jordan McCray to practice squad, was with the team during camp. PS now at 10 players.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Josh Boyd and Sam Barrington practiced today, Datone Jones and Jarrett boykin not participating.

H

HardRightEdge

Packers have signed WR Kevin Dorsey to the 53 man roster and add CB Tay Glover-Wright to the practice squad.
I take this to mean a couple of things:

1. Boykin is some ways from getting over his groin injury; I believe there are reports to this effect.
2. Janis is not ready to assume #4 or injury replacement duty. He was not prepared in Vikings garbage time and forced a time out. Next year's training camp and preseason will be his chance to make the jump. The fact he couldn't get himself on special teams is concerning.
3. Unless somebody else gets injured, it is the end of the Myles White era (said with a conflicted mixture of sarcasm and regret).

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online