Packers hire Titans' OC Matt LaFleur as their HC

Status
Not open for further replies.

coachal89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope LeFleur is successful because that means the Packers are winning. Its going to be on Gute to hit on a good draft and adding talent to the roster.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not like Matt Ryan was a scrub before LaFleur joined the Falcons.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Sounds like a Hockey player from Canada, eh? "Now hitting the ice as a defensman, Matt LLLLLLLLLAAAAAAFFLLLLEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRR!

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Not Sure why a team would hire a Hockey player as a coach.
Well I’m not sure why a team would give 84 million in guaranteed money to a quarterback that sucks with the money on the line and can’t even get basically the same team that Case Keenum got to within a miracle play of the NFC Championship to the playoffs. But hey. What do I know???

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philbin?? Come one. I hope this is all false and that LaFluer can hire whomever he wants on his staff.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank god rodell will be shut up on his dumb praise of McDaniels. I am just thanking my lucky stars that that Bellichek hack job is not going to be coaching my team. Ohhh yessss, the McDufus bumpers will be thanking me too that we didn't get stuck with that clown and get buyer's remorse.

Now, I think LaFleur will fix this offense and run it the Sean McVay way that we all want as he is a close friend and has worked with McVay before, as well as having been a part of Shanahan's Atlanta offense. Man would have done better in Tennessee too if he hadn't been hamstrung by the overrated Mariota and hack Gabbert.

Now ... My only question to him is if he can get this coaching staff under control. If he keeps Pettine that's a plus. But what will he do about Special teams.

At a bare minimum, I sure hope LaFleur isn't without the stones to tell Ron Zook and Joe Whitt to ****

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philbin?? Come one. I hope this is all false and that LaFluer can hire whomever he wants on his staff.

Well, even worse than Philbin I'm worried about that **** Ron Zook not getting his butt kicked out of here. Both him and Joe Whitt should have been thrown out the door by now.

If this doesn't happen soon our board had better haul Mark Murphy in and interrogate him. If he doesn't give satisfactory answers then throw him out and tell the next CEO to put the damn organizational structure back where it was.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well - I admit I do not know much about La Fleur. But if Zook and Philbin are allowed to stay the egg is rotten and Murphy is calling the shots. Pettine is very questionable to keep as well. I didnt see any difference in the D than Capers. I expect Zook, Philbin, and Whitt to get the heave ho or La Fleur doesnt see the forest for the trees. Pettine had limited time but I saw no and I mean no consistency out of the defensive unit. The minute the team got up the D fell apart. No pass rush and seldom obvious blitzes should have been called. I'm more than willing to give La Fleur ample opportunity to turn this team in the right direction but not chucking the bad eggs shows an ineptitude. Just sayin.

Why all the concern about Zook? He'll be gone very soon, chill.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well - I admit I do not know much about La Fleur. But if Zook and Philbin are allowed to stay the egg is rotten and Murphy is calling the shots. Pettine is very questionable to keep as well. I didnt see any difference in the D than Capers. I expect Zook, Philbin, and Whitt to get the heave ho or La Fleur doesnt see the forest for the trees. Pettine had limited time but I saw no and I mean no consistency out of the defensive unit. The minute the team got up the D fell apart. No pass rush and seldom obvious blitzes should have been called. I'm more than willing to give La Fleur ample opportunity to turn this team in the right direction but not chucking the bad eggs shows an ineptitude. Just sayin.

Personally I think Pettine was hamstrung by having to work with Capers's guys. When he got fired, Whitt and Moss should have been thrown out with him. I'd check with Pettine to see if any of his fellow coaches from his days with the Jets or Browns are still out there and available and bring em in.

Throw that clown Whitt out of here

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not worried about Zook. Everyone knows he sucks and he will be gone. Hopefully MM takes a bunch of guys with him to wherever he goes. I don't want them around anymore.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why all the concern about Zook? He'll be gone very soon, chill.

It's ridiculous though that he's even been allowed to wait until the new HC was chosen before getting kicked out here, assuming he is. Fans have a right to be uneasy that Murphy only sent one of McCarthy's assistants out of here over a silly tweet storm while Zook committed bigger atrocities out on that field and was allowed to stay.

I like LaFleur's offensive pedigree, but he damn sure had better not get hamstrung by Murphy telling him to keep people on this coaching staff.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the only thing that’s gonna happen is we get a new coach and no other staff? Everyone is gonna stay the same? Interesting.. could it be anymore obvious that it’s all Murphy running this team... and just a new coach what is that gonna change?

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Green Bay is owned by everyone we need to all rise up and start rioting

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I like the hire. We wanted someone who would run a modern Rams-type offense, and here we have their former OC.
McDaniels would have been more interesting, but this way we avoid the drama and character issues.
Now let's hope Gute can stock the team with talent.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the only thing that’s gonna happen is we get a new coach and no other staff? Everyone is gonna stay the same? Interesting.. could it be anymore obvious that it’s all Murphy running this team... and just a new coach what is that gonna change?

It's been like five minutes. Calm down, dude.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Riot over a coach that may or may not be retained? I’ve met many GB fans, and the majority would be better served spending time on being a bit better person, than rioting over a coaching decision they know very little about

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A report comes out that Lafleur could consider keeping Philben and people are claiming Murphy is telling Lafleur who he has to keep? Do people know what the word could means? Also keeping Philben wont be huge anyway because Lafleur will call the plays. I hope they hire someone different but calm down people

OP
OP
C-Lee

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's just... no way Zook is going to be kept on lol.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McDaniels was the guy for the job ..but he wanted his own staff. Murphy and Gute wanted to retain certain guys from the McCarthy staff and McDaniels wasn’t on board with that. This new guy is perfect. He won’t ask a lot of questions because he will be excited to have his first HC job all while being controlled like a puppet by Murphy and Gute. Who’s already basically controlling who the hell the guy should hire. Packers will finish third in the NFC North next season mark my words. Wouldn’t shock me if Rodgers has a big year (38 tds 4 ints) and the rest of the team struggles. 7-9 8-8 at best . And please mark this thread because I will eat Crow if I’m...wrong yet again.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Can we calm down about Ron Zook. Matt LeFlur has not even spoken to the other Coordinators on the team yet or even had a press conference yet.

The dude is probably not even in Green bay yet. Give it a few days please.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this was early 1959, we'd all just go bowling and wait to see if the new guy was any better than Scooter. No reason to get your blood pressure rising so early in the process.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Status
Not open for further replies.