1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

packer prospects

Discussion in '2011 Draft Archive' started by gbpreblewr3, Mar 7, 2011.

1. gbpreblewr3

gbpreblewr3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    who;re we lookin at?
  2. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Realistically assuming no prospect has a absolutely shocking drop of say 18 spots from #14 all the way down to #32 similar to Bulaga last year, we look at OLB Justin Houston, DE Cameron Heyward, OG Mike Pouncey, OT Benjamin Ijalana, OT Gabe Carimi, OT Derek Sherrod, WR Jon Baldwin, RB Mikel Leshoure, ILB Martez Wilson and CB Jimmy Smith all as possible Best Player Available Selections.
  3. Poppa San

Poppa San Pray daily and take the plunge for Eli Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +858 / 29 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:

But don't be surprised if TT takes someone at these positions that is not on this list.
  4. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    True. He does completely surprise me sometimes. I was just stating high probability picks
  5. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307 / 0 / -0
    Like....Justin Harrell?
  6. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +858 / 29 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Or Aaron Rodgers. I seem to recall the Packers rarely strike gold with a high 1st round pick but do OK or better in the lower portion.
  7. Calhoun Lambeau

Calhoun Lambeau Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Jimmy Smith has 'charactor questions' surrounding him, he's generally not someone people are thinking will be a first round pick at the moment. Ted Thompson isn't going to pick him in round one, he picks 'safe' personalities early the draft and let's loose more in rounds 3-7 (think Jermichael Finley, Brandon Underwood, etc).
  8. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +163 / 3 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    That is right.

Bart Starr was a 17th round pick.

Tony Mandarich and Rich Campbell where first round picks.

However, Clay Matthews and B. J. Raji turned out pretty good for 1st rounders.
  9. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +858 / 29 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:

Clay was a low pick. It seems for every BJ Raji there is at least 1 Terrell Buckley or Bruce Clark. I always felt Ron Wolf would do better if he traded out of the first round every year. Worked OK with Favre.
  10. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    Ron was an average drafter. He was an outstanding analyser of value and team needs, though, that's why he was so good at trades and free agency pickups.
    Jimmy Smith fits perfectly the mold of CBs TT looks for. And regarding character issues, Raji had questions about marijuana usage. Though I agree that TT tends to stay away from character problems, and if the kid did deny his second arrest, he's automatically removed from TT's board.

But nothing we heard during this time is believable. Teams are consistantly lying, so reports of him being removed from draft boards might be highly exaggerated.
  11. Calhoun Lambeau

Calhoun Lambeau Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Ted Thompson drafts players that fit the GB mold, Jimmy Smith to me doesn't seem to fit that mold at all. Smith appears to have legitimate charactor concerns, BJ Raji had some motivational concerns but Thompson viewed him as a Green Bay type guy. If you ever meet Raji, he just comes off as a happy dude who spends a lot of time in local grocery stores. :icon_mrgreen:

I can't see Thompson picking Smith, he stays away from those guys, it' just a gut feeling I have with Smith.
    • Like Like x 1