2024 Packers Top 30 Prospect Visits

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why I'm suspicious that ol' Nate Wiggins is gonna be the guy. I've been going back and forth on this but I think the only knock on him is his weight. He's already added 10 lbs between Combine and Proday. I think he can probably add another 5-10 and be right in that 190 range. Because he is so young I think he's still got a little filling out to do and his ceiling is so high. I would still put Qmich about him but otherwise Nate is my guy.

Q is the clear CB1 for me, and then Wiggins, Arnold and Kool-Aid all are very close. Wiggins has answered a lot of the weight question already.

I do however think of those four only Kool-Aid has a chance to reach us without a move up.

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do however think of those four only Kool-Aid has a chance to reach us without a move up.
Yeh, I think you're likely right. But if we get 5 QB's going in the first and a strong run on T it could happen. There was some mock where Qmich fell to us the other day.
IND takes QMich or Arnold
JAC takes the other, or possibly Nate with the clemson connection to Lawrence?
PIT has been courting Nate pretty heavily I think
PHI - of course.
DAL - could also go CB, but would say more likely OL

So yeah, definitely a good chance he's gone but it's not the craziest thing that could happen.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Potential UDFA target

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240418_233104_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240418_233104_X.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 25

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Here is a breakdown of the visits (so far) by position and where these prospects are on the consensus big board:

SAF- 6

-Kitan Oladapo, Oregon State (156)
-Jaylon Carlies, Missouri (237)
-Omar Brown, Nebraska (331)
-Akeem Dent, Florida State (352)
-Dell Pettus, Troy (498)
-Chris Edmonds, Arizona State (N/A)

OT- 4

-Amarius Mims, Georgia (23)
-Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma (30)
-Kiran Amegadjie, Yale (77)
-Giovanni Manu, British Columbia (354)

CB- 3

-Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama (24)
-Jarrian Jones, Florida State (135)
-Ja'Quan Sheppard, Maryland (349)

LB- 3

-Edgerrin Cooper, Texas AM (41)
-Trevin Wallace, Kentucky (120)
-Ty'Ron Hopper, Missouri (162)

DT- 3

-Michael Hall Jr, Ohio State (69)
-Maason Smith, LSU (76)
-Khristian Boyd, Northern Illinois (167)

Edge- 2

-Marshawn Kneeland, Western Michigan (57)
-Austin Booker, Kansas (82)

WR- 1

-Xavier Legette, South Carolina (43)
-Jermaine Burton, Alabama (86)

OL- 2

-Zak Zinter, Michigan (113)
-Donovan Jennings, South Florida (357)

RB- 1

-Ray Davis, Kentucky (114)

QB- 1

-Gavin Hardison, UTEP (510)

TE- 0

Observations:

-The offensive "skill positions" have received the least amount of interest, which makes sense. The Packers aren't in really pressing need anywhere along QB, RB, TE, or WR. They could pass entirely at those spots and be just fine (which is not to say that they will).

-So far, the Packers haven't brought in any of the more highly regarded safeties in this class. This is purely speculative, but I wonder if they don't like this year's safety crop and feel like taking one early would be a reach. There was a rumor some weeks ago about the Packers talking to Justin Simmons. I wonder if they sign him before the draft or maybe have some understanding in place to do so after the draft, should they not invest high at the position.

-They're signaling the possibility of taking a defensive lineman on day 2. They've brought in four (either DE or DT) that are projected on day 2 or 3.

-Given their tendency to draft guys that come in for visits, it looks like OT or CB are the most likely round 1 options right now.

All of this is conjecture based on incomplete signals from the visits. Guesswork, really.

Last edited:

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I broke that down the other night, too, and came to some similar conclusions. My guess is he plans to go CB in Round One (probably trading up), T and/or LB on Day Two, and double dips at CB, T, and LB in later rounds and UDFA.

I don't think he expects to find his #2 safety in this year's draft, unless he has a deal in mind to snag DeJean. I'm skeptical that Simmons is in our price range, though, unless the terms are team-friendly.

But another possibility is that the reason he hasn't brought in any high-ranking safeties is because he's already locked in on one of the few good safeties as a high pick, and is just looking at the lower-rated ones for insurance or in case he wants to double-dip at that position.

Last edited:

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I've been having better luck just doing a screen shot of the tweet, cropping it and posting. Trying to link to a tweet seems to give me a mixed bad of results.
I like the screenshot, at least in these 30 visit players. Yeah it's blurry until you click on the photo, but it's quicker, and comments to the guy who posted it aren't necessary... it's more just pertinent to know who the player is. Once I see these guys I goggle them and look at their profiles, articles, etc. getting info I'm wanting to see.

I also like that Tyni has been adding good content about these guys after I post the player.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I like the screenshot, at least in these 30 visit players. Yeah it's blurry until you click on the photo

Instead of attaching it as a file, click on "insert image" icon and then select the saved image that you want to show in your post. Displays it perfectly.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
As more n more information comes in from interest we have? I really LOVE that 120-175 for a second CB/Safety (possibly even a 2nd or 3rd OL) IF our ideal selection isn’t there at #41 or #58? I’m doing a mini-move back (similar to last draft) an acquiring 1-2 more selections in that Rd4-Rd6 area.
One advantage of not being forced to pick WR/TEis we can really focus on the future at iLB/Saf/CB. While it’s still likely we get 1 pick from the TE/WR group it’s not imperative either. Having an extra 4th or 5th is a contingency at OL/DL/RB we might have otherwise missed at in Day2. I often get either OT or OG locked in the top 100, but not always both.
I’ve seen a few scenarios where Buffalo, Raiders etc. want to move up for from 42/44 area. That’s absolutely a move I’d consider if it gets us into that later RD4 neighborhood. Even if it takes sending a late 7th back.

I Love the versatility of 5 Top 100’s that’s been fun to work with in various ways and should really infuse our young team with formidable options. We saw what Reed, Kraft and Musgrave did last year. We could get that at OL or LB or whatnot. However, I say this also because we’re a little thin early-mid Day3 (#126/169). It’s almost like the lack of Juniors and Covid and versatility effects of NIL has pushed some older/more experienced players from the College fray into the middle of this draft. Normally that might be deemed as a - not in a win now environment for the next 4 years imo. They’ve got that extra 1-2 years experience and look more pro ready for a 4th-5th rounder.

I’ll finish be saying I’d stress getting at minimum 1 more stab in that early-mid Day3 area. Again even if we sweeten it with a #245 etc. I’m amazed at some of the draft options especially either side of 150 overall.

McCormick, Limmer, Coleman, Jarrian Jones, Kalen King, Mustspha, Brade, Olodapo, Vaki the list goes on. Go ahead and pick an extra 1-2 on me.

Last edited:

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!
I love this guy. I was hoping third but his physical tools are so great. I don't know that I see him as a G, but maybe. I think he'll need time to adjust to the increased competition level but we can afford to do that.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Looks like they could have 4 more visits before Thursday.

1. OL Zak Zinter, Michigan
2. LB Edgerrin Cooper, Texas A&M
3. DL Michael Hall Jr., Ohio State
4. CB Jarrian Jones, Florida State
5. DL Khristian Boyd, Northern Iowa
6. CB Ja’Quan Sheppard, Maryland
7. S Kitan Oladapo, Oregon State
8. DB Omar Brown, Nebraska
9. LB Ty’Ron Hopper, Missouri
10. OT Amarius Mims, Georgia
11. DB Chris Edmonds, Arizona State
12. OT Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
13. RB Ray Davis, Kentucky
14. CB Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama
15. WR Jermaine Burton, Alabama
16. Edge Austin Booker, Kansas
17. S Akeem Dent, Florida State
18. DL Maason Smith, LSU
19. OT Giovanni Manu, British Columbia
20. OL Donovan Jennings, USF
21. Edge Marshawn Kneeland, Western Michigan
22. LB Trevin Wallace, Kentucky
23. QB Gavin Hardison, UTEP
24. S Dell Pettus, Troy
25. OT Kiran Amegadjie, Yale
26. S Jaylon Carlies, Missouri

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Another WR to add to the list... Xavier Legette out of S Carolina. Not gonna lie, I would be on board with this if they take a WR on day 2

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another WR to add to the list... Xavier Legette out of S Carolina. Not gonna lie, I would be on board with this if they take a WR on day 2

There are two types of WRs if we have to be dumb and cannot deny a prospect for that room that I'm good with.....a Xavier Lagette/Johnny Wilson type bigger one OR give me a Malik Washington/Jacob Cowing type.

Not a fan of any WRs till Day 3 (which I like Anthony Gould at that point)...but if we must those are my favorites to compliment our room.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
There are two types of WRs if we have to be dumb and cannot deny a prospect for that room that I'm good with.....a Xavier Lagette/Johnny Wilson type bigger one OR give me a Malik Washington/Jacob Cowing type.

Not a fan of any WRs till Day 3 (which I like Anthony Gould at that point)...but if we must those are my favorites to compliment our room.
Yeah he is a guy we don't have in this group, which is why I would be cool with it. Here's an interview he just did with The Draft Network.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The only way I see Gute using a day 1 or 2 pick on a WR is if they feel Watson is an injury bust. Then maybe a guy like Legette is a possibility. I also read that the Panthers are super high on him and told him if he is still there, they will take him with their 1st pick in the draft (#33). He claims that he has met with them 4-5 times, which I find odd, but who knows.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Legette is the perfect piece to complement what they already have. He's a ball winner with long speed and the size to win as a YAC weapon.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
This just hit my timeline today, a little late, but better late than never.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts