Official week 17 lion game

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
Actually Swanson has played only 28.4% of the offensive snaps this season and he has mostly been terrible at guard.

Ah, my mistake. The last stat set I looked at was from after the first Bears game, and included special teams snaps as well. I didn't check the latest snap counts.

D

Dan115

Those of you who are going to the game Sunday you have an assignment. The Packer coaches and players are requesting that you get LOUD!Packer Fans are ALL PRO FANS---when the Packers have the ball there will be silence but when the lions go --- MAKE SOME NOISE!!Please ---you are representing all Packer Backers World Wide.Make me have to turn the volume down on my tv as I will be listening from Thailand.Go Pack Go!I CAN'T HEAR YOU !!!GET LOUD!Thank you

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Swanson matters some, but Suh and the Defense matters more, Of course Calvin Johnson Matters too, and as always Tate is going to be a force to reckon with. This game is going to be interesting to watch and will show how ready the Packers really are for the playoffs. The Lions usually start slow and then as the game wears on the Defense takes over the game and sometimes the Offense actually scores some points, but usually it all comes down to the 4th qtr and last minute scoring.

Overall Swanson may hurt the Lions enough for them not to control the ball enough to win the game, But ultimately the game will be decided by how the Lions Defense plays and if they can come up fired up and ready to roll the 1st Qtr.

Rodgers is the entire key for GB. If he has a great game and does not get flustered over the pressure and getting hit the Packers should win the game. I don't see Greenbay's Defense really being the Reason they win the game, but more about Rodgers controlling the clock and keeping scoring drives going while tiring the Lions Defense by making them stay on the field.

A classic test of Great Offense against Great Defense.

If Green Bay establishes their Offense and Rodgers keeps his kewl 31-21 Packers.

If the Lions Defense take control of the game early 24-16 Lions.

Pretty much the question is will the packers score 30+ or less than 20?

Megatron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jdeed I think maybe you are up to late, I think perhaps sleep deprivation is affecting your mind.

There's no way 31 points is getting put up on that defense.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm inclining more not only to expect a Packers win but a rather big one at that. I think this one could be along the lines of last Sunday's Seattle-Arizona game; except for the reversal of the home field role. The Cardinals, too, have had a very successful season owed mostly to its defense and many thought it was good enough at home to keep them in the game against the Seahawks but we know how that one turned out.

Detroit's defense has been their anchor all year and it is good. But before we rank them with the '85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens let's allow that they have played 11 games this season against clubs ranked no higher than 12th and most in the lower third of the league's offensive rankings. And they got 8 of those games in Ford Field. They got 10 games this season against opponents with a losing record this year.

The only game they played this year against an opponent and setting similar to today's game was at New England. And they got routed 34-9 and the Patriots put up 439 yds. on them in that game. If the Patriots can do it playing at home, outdoors, on real grass so can the Packers.

The history of teams playing indoor home games and going on the road outdoors, especially in big late season games, isn't favorable to the Lions. And they're averaging only 11.8 ppg scoring on the road this season.

The Packers have given us some cause to worry the past two weeks with some subpar performances on the road but they've been very dominating at home, as all know. And that's where this game is being played in a very big occasion. Very much like the New England game was at Lambeau.

And I think that's how the Pack will come out and play this afternoon. Prepared. Focused. Determined. They'll likely jump out on top early and the Lions will crumble as they become more desperate. The old "DNA" that is in that club will reappear in crisis: Turnovers, dumb penalties and personal fouls will again be the Detroit hallmark. And the NFC North will belong to Titletown once again.

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Final injury reports...

Only House OUT for Packers... everyone else PROBABLE
Only Fairley OUT for Lions... everyone else PROBABLE. Raiola has the suspension.

Fairley has had pretty good games vs Packers, both last year and the game this year in Detroit

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only game they played this year against an opponent and setting similar to today's game was at New England. And they got routed 34-9 and the Patriots put up 439 yds. on them in that game. If the Patriots can do it playing at home, outdoors, on real grass so can the Packers.

The history of teams playing indoor home games and going on the road outdoors, especially in big late season games, isn't favorable to the Lions. And they're averaging only 11.8 ppg scoring on the road this season.

The Packers have given us some cause to worry the past two weeks with some subpar performances on the road but they've been very dominating at home, as all know. And that's where this game is being played in a very big occasion. Very much like the New England game was at Lambeau.

And I think that's how the Pack will come out and play this afternoon. Prepared. Focused. Determined. They'll likely jump out on top early and the Lions will crumble as they become more desperate. The old "DNA" that is in that club will reappear in crisis: Turnovers, dumb penalties and personal fouls will again be the Detroit hallmark. And the NFC North will belong to Titletown once again.

Agree with much of this post... I had been looking at Detroit on the road, have not won vs team over 500 on the road, fact that it is in Lambeau and cold I like the Packers chances. Detroits offense on the road has not been good in last month.

I think Packers win... if they get out early by 2 TDs somehow it could get lopsided as Lions may wilt being outside of the dome in the cold.

Only fear is that game is 3 point game at end, Detroit seems to find a way to win those game this year. But think it will be 2 score game and Packers win by 9-10 points in 4th.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Lions will make some plays, but I look for the Packers to have good balance on offense and a solid game on defense.
Packers,31-17

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers average 12 points against the best Defenses so this should be a close game.
They showed they have not changed much just recently against Buffalo. 21-13.

If Rodgers is not on fire early and takes advantage of the Detroit Defenses normal slow start this game will be a long low scoring drawn out slug fest...

20-17 someone comes out on top eventually.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Final injury reports...

Only House OUT for Packers... everyone else PROBABLE
Only Fairley OUT for Lions... everyone else PROBABLE. Raiola has the suspension.

Fairley has had pretty good games vs Packers, both last year and the game this year in Detroit
Other than a couple key guys on IR yup thats the injury report.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
dang thats big....couldn't find any funny Lions memes...so I had to make one myself! hehe

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not making score predictions but just counting on Stafford turning it over 2-3 times like he normally does.

dang thats big....couldn't find any funny Lions memes...so I had to make one myself! hehe

Don't over think it, not that hard, they haven't done much.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
I'm predicting 2 MC FG's (one as a result of a Stafford pick). 2nd FG coming in the 4th puts the game out of reach.

A short TD run by Lacy (as a result of another Stafford pick).

A TD catch by Cobb and then one by Nelson.

Pack 27-17 (and I feel I am being more than generous with "17".....Our D has been tough and getting tougher)

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
I won't even try to predict a score but for me, the key to victory today will be Eddie Lacy. Perhaps with a couple of very timely pass receptions.

H

HardRightEdge

Inactives:
  • RB DuJuan Harris
  • CB Davon House
  • LB Carl Bradford
  • C Garth Gerhart
  • TE Justin Perillo
  • WR Jeff Janis
  • DT Bruce Gaston
For the Janis-as-secret-weapon contingent, that will have to wait for another season, barring injuries.

He couldn't even crack #2 kickoff returner.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Not inactive: Scott Tolzien. That could say something about Rodgers' calf injury.

Members online