OFFICIAL THREAD ON PACKER STOCK SALE

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I have not seen discussed is what happens if something were to happen to your stock certificate somewhere down the road. If years from now, your dog ate it, someone stole it, got lost in a fire, etc etc., could you have it replaced at a cost?
That's a good question. I know when I needed my address changed a few years ago, I had to send in the original to get a new one. Even the date on the stock is now changed. Not sure what would happen if it were destroyed.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
One thing I have not seen discussed is what happens if something were to happen to your stock certificate somewhere down the road. If years from now, your dog ate it, someone stole it, got lost in a fire, etc etc., could you have it replaced at a cost?
My assumption is that once you are registered you would just have to provide proof you are who you say you are and they would be able to replace it but like they said about ASSUME in Basic Training.:cool:

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
it was all in the offering document in the NFL rules section (looks like most people didn't read it). A whole bunch of stuff about not being able to own another team, lend players/coaches/other teams money, publicly criticizing players/coaches/refs/other NFL employees. All that type of stuff technically can get you fined up to $500,000 and/or make you return your stock (@$0.025 per share). Betting on ANY NFL game can get you a fine of up to $5000 and/or make you sell your stock @ $0.025 per share.

All that said, I would say it's extremely likely any of this would be enforced for you or I, but would be interesting for someone like Gruden or any other commentator that may have bought shares. Just because of the PR fiasco, NFL would never punish you for a work pool (or even on these forums). Lending players money might be another story.
You know it is soooo funny you brought this up. I was just making this point to JJ last night. I told him I could no longer help him out now that I own stock in the Packers. He started whining and I told him he should have thought about that before he built that circus of his. He hung up in a huff.

CoachBo

Told Lombardi he was Ernest Borgnine at age 5
Reaction score
Post what you find out on the mat. I'm interested in being ready for the mail in a couple of weeks.

Signed,
CoachBo
Minority partner
Green Bay Packers

Hehehehehe.

bradwillrockyou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still don't have a confirmation email 30 hours after my purchase (but my bank account has definitely been hit). C'mon Pack! :(

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I saw this on amazon. The guy who rated it said the 97 one had a commemorative plate. I am just wondering it the pro shop is going to do one but this one isn't bad.
I emailed the pro shop yesterday and they told me that currently they don't have anything special. They didn't mention anything about anticipating anything coming in. With my luck, as soon as I order something else, they will have something really nice!

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, so I know a guy who makes packer things by hand. a real wood working craftsman. I am about to post pictures of some of his work for people to contact him if they would like to order something from him. I am giving his stuff as gifts to people who helped me with the tailgate. here is a sample of a desk organizer he has almost completed for me. you can see from the bottom how solid this has been built. To the left are a couple of business card holders I will be sending, you can't see the 3D G on the top.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

anyway I was going to commission him to make a frame for me. based on what is being sold on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Bay-P...3?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item4ab1a7f86b

If you could have a frame made for your stock what would you want it to look like, would you like a brass plaque on the bottom and what would you like it to say? any other ideas. Finding the right matting is going to be the tricky part if I even go with matting.
Check out the mat I found on ebay yesterday (posted a little higher up the page, I think.) Green suede with the logo at the bottom. The guy who makes them says that he can cut them to size for the stock certificates. They are a little expensive, but look very nice.

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are your transaction still in pending state or have they gone through. My credit card transaction is still pending!

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, my Packers stock payment is still pending as of this morning.
Thats good, I can't see pending transactions online so I was kinda worried. But I called the Stock help line and they said everything looks good on the transaction and as long as I have my confirmation no and email I am good!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sooooo.... All the shares haven't sold out... We were all wiggin out for no reason... :) I would still suggest to get them while you can!

Didnt I say that? I also said that on Dec 16th you will still buy them and get by xmas

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting tidbit about the link you posted realCAcheese:

The stock does not pay dividends or appreciate in value, and shareholders technically could be fined by the league for violating terms of NFL ownership. Shareholders could be fined up to $500,000 by league commissioner Roger Goodell for conduct detrimental to the welfare of the league -- including “publicly criticizing any NFL member club or its management” -- and up to $5,000 if they bet on the outcome of NFL games, according to the terms of the stock.

Does this mean, saying "Jermichael Finley has hands of stone." on a public forum constitute a violation?

Or what about visiting Vegas and placing a few bucks on the Pack is out of the question?

or closer to home,

what about the weekly office pool: picking NFL winners. hmmmmmm.

Wow I think anyone that bought stock in 97 and blasted Ted and MM should be fined 500,000..OBf would go in full melt down mode...Cue them deleting all their hatred posts towards Ted

LOL

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not that I think anyone is still worrying but there is no chance that you will get fined for ever saying anything. Considering this stock can be given as a gift and you don't have to give any information other than a name then it would impossible to figure out who to fine. Basically what I am trying to say is people could gift stock to every nfl analyst on espn or on any radio station and then they "could" get fined. It will never happen and I am fairly certain that there is some sort of % ownership required for this to take effect anyway, like 1% or something.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not that I think anyone is still worrying but there is no chance that you will get fined for ever saying anything. Considering this stock can be given as a gift and you don't have to give any information other than a name then it would impossible to figure out who to fine. Basically what I am trying to say is people could gift stock to every nfl analyst on espn or on any radio station and then they "could" get fined. It will never happen and I am fairly certain that there is some sort of % ownership required for this to take effect anyway, like 1% or something.

Yeah, in addition EVERY SINGLE FOOTBALL FAN is in violation of NFL rules....do you ever pay attention to the warning the NFL puts up during each game?

"any accounts, broadcasts or descriptions of the game are strictly prohibited"

So you realize that talking about the game at work would fall under that violation? If you are talking to your friends about the game, yup...you are violating NFL rules! watch out! :eek:

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, in addition EVERY SINGLE FOOTBALL FAN is in violation of NFL rules....do you ever pay attention to the warning the NFL puts up during each game?

"any accounts, broadcasts or descriptions of the game are strictly prohibited"

So you realize that talking about the game at work would fall under that violation? If you are talking to your friends about the game, yup...you are violating NFL rules! watch out! :eek:

:tup::laugh: I never thought about that you're right! :)

arrimike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had to think this one through for a couple days... Friends telling me it's a waste, but I remembered what my dad told when the last stock sale happened. He had the option to buy some but thought the same thing as many. It is just a piece of paper. Years later he wished that he would have bought some for me. So I guess he regretted not buying any. I didin' want to do the same thing. SO... I bought my stock today. Hells yeah, does it feel good. It may be a piece of paper, but then why do people buy million dollars pieces of artwork? Plus, we are just all loyal fans trying to help our Super Bowl champs out anyway we can. How many fans can say that?

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you know, i'm glad i got it, but i kindof wish it came with a ticket to a game or something. even if it was in the nosebleeds in the worst part of the field. Maybe a ticket to the first game after the new renovations that theyre issuing this stock for have been completed. I guess that wouldn't make sense, but somethin'.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
you know, i'm glad i got it, but i kindof wish it came with a ticket to a game or something. even if it was in the nosebleeds in the worst part of the field. Maybe a ticket to the first game after the new renovations that theyre issuing this stock for have been completed. I guess that wouldn't make sense, but somethin'.

What about season ticket holders that have had season tix for 50+ years? The just have to give up their tix to satisfy the new stock owners? What about the prev stock holders? They get tix?

See how hard it would be?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
What about season ticket holders that have had season tix for 50+ years? The just have to give up their tix to satisfy the new stock owners? What about the prev stock holders? They get tix?

See how hard it would be?
One thing they pointed out when I was doing the stadium tour. when they did the last expansion, in order to get the residents of the county to approve the tax funding they reserved several of the upper sections just for brown county residents, as an incentive, there is a lottery for the tickets to each of the games for these seats. It would be nice if they did something like that for those of us who are going to be putting up millions for this expansion. resevere a section of seats and have a lottery for the stock holders to go see a game at a resonable price. I just dumped over a grand to see the NFC Championship game for under 100 dollar seats.

Lets bring this up at the next STOCK HOLDERS MEETING.:D

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
One thing they pointed out when I was doing the stadium tour. when they did the last expansion, in order to get the residents of the county to approve the tax funding they reserved several of the upper sections just for brown county residents, as an incentive, there is a lottery for the tickets to each of the games for these seats. It would be nice if they did something like that for those of us who are going to be putting up millions for this expansion. resevere a section of seats and have a lottery for the stock holders to go see a game at a resonable price. I just dumped over a grand to see the NFC Championship game for under 100 dollar seats.

Lets bring this up at the next STOCK HOLDERS MEETING.:D

Yup..but they are adding 6000 or so...

Again what about the people that have been waiting for YEARS to get a chance at seats? Because they couldnt afford a piece of paper, they are out of the lottery for the stock people?

I am not on any ones said, I am just pointing out the flaws or issues that would come up

Members online

No members online now.