Official shout box Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game was what it was - I just think they are making a mistake of epic proportions if they think Love is their QB of the future

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Love was a bust in the end but MLF doesn’t escape blame for some play calling, and Barry should still be looking over his shoulder for that pink slip, not a way to finish a good season, hope other PO teams were not watching this game

Reaction score
This kid has shown nothing in his time here. This has been seen in his play during preseason, games and even coming from those on the inside during training camp - he isn’t good enough.
Looked pretty good on several TD drives.
Hit a TE in the Endzone. Dropped.

Hit Amari Rodgers in the hands. Not only dropped it but worse yet Amari tips It into the air for an INT.

The last one was on Love. However he had a blister untouched right up the gut. That falls 50-50 squarely on the play caller. He knew they’d blitz but the went empty backfield??

That speaks to me that you don’t look at the entirety. You’re just a quick judge. That’s fine my expectations were low coming in. Lol

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game was what it was - I just think they are making a mistake of epic proportions if they think Love is their QB of the future
I highly doubt they are looking at it quite that way. I didn’t like the pick when they picked him…. but the bottom line is they do eventually need to replace Rodgers. Love was and may still be a possibility…. i’m sure they don’t see it as the only one. Many teams go years before the find “the guy” hopefully the Packers don’t have to wait forever to find him, but it’s actually quite likely… Exactly why I hope they manage to keep Rodgers for a while yet.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hit Amari Rodgers in the hands. Not only dropped it but worse yet Amari tips It into the air for an INT.

Could be wrong, but it looked like the ball was deflected towards Rodgers and Rodgers just missed it on the reaction. Didn't think Rodgers was the target.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looked pretty good on several TD drives.
Hit a TE in the Endzone. Dropped.

The last one was on Love. However he had a blister untouched right up the gut. That falls 50-50 squarely on the play caller. He knew they’d blitz but the went empty backfield??
That would Have been one hell of a catch, and it was a little 10 yard flip pass - come on!

The ball was clearly tipped at the line of scrimmage, making that catch extremely difficult for Amari

The last one was a pressure throw and it’s not like he had tons of options - no big blame there for me, but the two other things you mentioned are no big deal in the NFL and that certainly shouldn’t be used for any parameter of success.

i just don’t think he is going to be any good, that’s all

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I highly doubt they are looking at it quite that way. I didn’t like the pick when they picked him…. but the bottom line is they do eventually need to replace Rodgers. Love was and may still be a possibility…. i’m sure they don’t see it as the only one. Many teams go years before the find “the guy” hopefully the Packers don’t have to wait forever to find him, but it’s actually quite likely… Exactly why I hope they manage to keep Rodgers for a while yet.
They certainly were looking at it that way - that is why they traded up in round one to get him

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They certainly were looking at it that way - that is why they traded up in round one to get him
lol…. i’m not going to argue with you about the pick itself… i’m on record as being against it. However, the history of the NFL tells you most drafted QBs first round or not… end up being busts…. that is not a secret to the Packers‘ brass…. they threw their dart… it might still stick. i doubt it. but it is still possible. I doubt you and I have any more insight into this than they do however.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know this is on Barry all these BS trick plays and he hasn’t did any adjustments,glad this isn’t a playoff game
I think he just had a vanilla game plan defensively. Not trying to show too much before playoffs.I am sure they were more concerned about injuries. I know Lafleur said play to win..in the grand scheme of things..this game was more of a preseason game. There seemed to be no energy on defense.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love was a bust in the end but MLF doesn’t escape blame for some play calling, and Barry should still be looking over his shoulder for that pink slip, not a way to finish a good season, hope other PO teams were not watching this game

I can't blame Barry. This is a positional problem not the whole defense. Fire the DBs coach for the way they've played over the last month...the whole unit aside from Douglas

Reaction score
I like posted before, when Rodgers turn that game over to Love in the 2nd, quarter, that score should of been 24-0.

I watched some of those other teams that will be in the PO, and I don't see the Packers going far, after watching Dallas.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like posted before, when Rodgers turn that game over to Love in the 2nd, quarter, that score should of been 24-0.

I watched some of those other teams that will be in the PO, and I don't see the Packers going far, after watching Dallas.
Dallas was playing against the Eagles backups, yesterday. When they've played decent teams the Cowgirls have gotten rolled. Bring them on!!

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was the Lions superbowl..they played like it. Our defense didn't seem to interested. I cringe when I see Burks out there. Having Campbell, Keke and Alexander back for the playoffs should be a huge boost. Hoping to see zadarius out there too, looking kind of unlikely though.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
LaFleur was hot under the collar at this postgame presser. Never seen him so triggered. Wasn't overboard or anything, but definitely out of character for him.

He was obviously irritated and upset with some of the defensive breakdowns.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's good!! Maybe this team will come out with a fire under their ***** in the playoffs, and,destroy every team in their path.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely agree that Love looked very good. He had to play with the 2nd string and still had a good game. Couldn't have asked for more from the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online