OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jordy is as fast as he needs to be...And, watch for the stiff arm... It's coming to a Giant defender

What did they say? Jordy has deceptive speed and it surprises people..But by the time they notice, he is in the endzone..

Jordy 4.37 and a 4.51

Jennings 4.42 and then a 4.53

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I told you guys I bet a lot last night on the Giants + 9, because I think these 2 teams are pretty evenly matched.

Check this out as of today:
According to our friend Larry Hartstein of Covers.com, teams with extra rest and home-field advantage are just 11-17 against the spread since 2004, meaning we could be in line for a wild weekend.

I just hope we win, and it's not a nail-biter, blood-pressure rising tight game!
I want to get out 14-0, 28-10, 38-17, and then the Giants can get a couple of garbage touchdowns late to make the final 38-31 and we will all be happy cheesers.

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I concur your defense is playing better than ours at the moment. But the problem is, your defense is no playing against ours. It's our offense you will need to concern yourselves with. Meanwhile our D will have to worry over containing Eli and your line.
As long as Eli doesn't turn the ball over I think we're okay on the offensive front. His pick six was the difference a few weeks ago. I just gotta hope our defense makes the plays. We have a talented secondary from and individual standpoint. They finally seem to be playing as a unit though. Hopefully it wasn't just a product of opposition.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That will be determined on Sunday won't it? As of now, what I say will happen and what you say will happen is in the hands of the players.... AND who executes better.... Pretty much idle gossip

lol whatever helps u sleep at night

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We **** the bed against Washington twice no excuses. Division games are always tough in the NFC East, and any division no matter the opponent's record. I recall you guys losing to a very bad Miami Dolphins team last year, and yet you went on to win the Super Bowl. It doesn't matter what you do in the regular season if you make the playoffs. All that is in the past. We are 1-0 in this new season and that's what matters.

All I want to know was were the confidence was coming from considering from my eyes it was truly only Atlanta game..Because Romo was hurt...

I will tell you this..

When we beat the Bears in week 17 last year I was pumped..but scared as hell..WHY? Our offense was having big issues scoring..Just terrible

But Philly, and Atlanta saw it and then I was OVERLY confident vs the Bears in the Champ game, then our offense sputtered again...We relied so much on the D for most games, and had to do it once more..

So here I am again...Worried about one side of the ball not doing their part, but its the defense side this year..

So here is to our offense scoring more then the defense gives up

KTH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious...Not smack..

Beat Atlanta convincingly

Cowboys who had injured q/b, and won

Jets who really were not that good and won

And gave 23 points to the Skins at home and lost..

To me, beating Atlanta would be a confidence boost, rest not really..So where is all the confidence from in your opinion

There have been few games where our DL has been 100 percent healthy. They are predicated on getting after the qb and the last few games that has started to happen. In fact, their sack numbers the past few weeks have shot up quite a bit. That changes the game for the LB/DB a lot..(mental breakdowns notwithstanding)

But making Rogers hurry up is not as lethal as making Sanchez or Ryan hurry up. But our opponent aside, that is where the confidence comes from.

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I want to know was were the confidence was coming from considering from my eyes it was truly only Atlanta game..Because Romo was hurt...

I will tell you this..

When we beat the Bears in week 17 last year I was pumped..but scared as hell..WHY? Our offense was having big issues scoring..Just terrible

But Philly, and Atlanta saw it and then I was OVERLY confident vs the Bears in the Champ game, then our offense sputtered again...We relied so much on the D for most games, and had to do it once more..

So here I am again...Worried about one side of the ball not doing their part, but its the defense side this year..

So here is to our offense scoring more then the defense gives up

We won a shoot out with a completely healthy Cowboys team and missing our starting SS in Phillips. We beat the New England Patriots at home, handing them their first home loss in 31 games with Brady as a starter. That is some confidence. We know what we're capable of when we play our game. Inconsistent we have been, but like I said that doesn't matter now.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
There have been few games where our DL has been 100 percent healthy. They are predicated on getting after the qb and the last few games that has started to happen. In fact, their sack numbers the past few weeks have shot up quite a bit. That changes the game for the LB/DB a lot..(mental breakdowns notwithstanding)

But making Rogers hurry up is not as lethal as making Sanchez or Ryan hurry up. But our opponent aside, that is where the confidence comes from.

So with OUR healthy o-l which is two pro bowlers, might have a say or two about your line getting through

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
The difference is we have 2 proven 1000 yard backs whereas James Starks is so far a one hit playoff wonder and I believe you were the one who tried to disprove me about James Starks "rolling" which is ironic. When was the last time Ryan Grant was relevant?

Ryan Grant was relevant when he scored an 80 yard TD against Detroit a few weeks ago! That was on a short pass, though.

If you mean the last time that he ran for more than a 1000 yards in a season... then 2009 and, before that 2008. In 2010, he was on IR for the whole season. In 2011, he got far fewer carries (hence only topped 500 yards in total), but still averaged 4.2 ypc.

Your two proven 1000 yard backs:

Bradshaw: First and only 1000 yard season = 2010. YPC this year = 3.9
Jacobs: Last 1000 yard season: 2008 and, before that 2007. YPC this year = 3.8

Kase1NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HEEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

HUGE game this weekend for both teams, we need to get that run game up and kicking, its our best defense for shutting down (limiting) Rodgers