OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And when did I say they were? I'm not the one talking up our running backs. I'm realistic about what we have. They're good enough to get the job done.

What I do know is that both of them will punch you in the mouth if you try and tackle them straight on. Ask your boy C. Woodson, or Rodney Poole.

Starks, I believe in the playoffs last year, was the leading rusher or close to it on our march to a superbowl... He got er dun too... And I look for it again this year..

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks, Grant and Saine are not what most fans outside Packers fans would call weapons. You have 2 average RBs at best and one unproven undrafted rookie. One of them is made of glass, the other is inconsistent, and the other unproven. If you can convince me otherwise then do your best Pat Benatar impression. Your QB and receiving corp is among the best in the NFL, but don't be delusional about your RB core.

We do have a running game although we don't implement it nearly as much as other teams might. I would certainly not say we have one of the best RB cores, but they do get us the yardage we need and help the offense function as a unit. I mentioned them as weapons for that point. Certainly the Saints on the basis of Sproles alone has a better RB core than us. But in now way will I undermine the role our RBs play in our offense. They may not be the best, but they get the job done.

Hey if Jennings can do his job and draw a double then Jordy is going to be a problem. If not, then Jordy is just another good receiver. I think what makes Jordy so good, besides the fact that he is usually single covered, is the fact that Rodgers knows EXACTLY where he'll be on again given play and he's great at helping Rodgers out when he's flushed out of the pocket

Now throw Finley, Driver, Jones and Cobb into that mix. The scariest thing about Rodgers is he almost has a telepathic connection to his receivers. I notice this more with Jennings but I've also started noticing it with Nelson. This offense has unbelievable chemistry, very much like our D last year. They are one living, breathing force.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks, Grant and Saine are not what most fans outside Packers fans would call weapons. You have 2 average RBs at best and one unproven undrafted rookie. One of them is made of glass, the other is inconsistent, and the other unproven. If you can convince me otherwise then do your best Pat Benatar impression. Your QB and receiving corp is among the best in the NFL, but don't be delusional about your RB core.

Run Game is below average in terms of the skill of the backs.
The Giants run game is begining to jell mostly do to the patch work o line all year.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You actually proved my point.
GB recievers did not tip passes the way the Giants recievers did. QB error INTS were about the same.
The only Giants recievers that were healthy the whole was Cruz.
Rodger had more TD passes the Giants tend to run on first and goal. 18 rushing TDs
one game is not even close to 87 attempts.
Eli is not in the same league as Rodgers... You know it, I know it... The pundits know it...

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks, I believe in the playoffs last year, was the leading rusher or close to it on our march to a superbowl... He got er dun too... And I look for it again this year..

The guy has ONE touchdown in his two year career. I'm not so sure I would call that gitn' er dun

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I issue a challenge to all you Giants fans. Your defense against our offense? I challenge you to play defensive coordinator for the Giants and come up with a defensive strategy to meet the challenge of the Packers offensive line. Who would you cover first (biggest threat), who would you double cover consistently? Zone or man to man D? How would you stop Rodgers. Who would you block with who for one on one matchups?

I'm hearing a lot of talk on here about defense and our offense, so..... what would you do with us?

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He led the league in playoff rushing yards last year or was close to it..

Like I said I will respect the hell out of your QB and your wide receivers. They truly are a special group. But just don't bring up your RBs when talking about weapons or reasons why you guys are 15-1. You know it, I know it, the pundits know it....

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I issue a challenge to all you Giants fans. Your defense against our offense? I challenge you to play defensive coordinator for the Giants and come up with a defensive strategy to meet the challenge of the Packers offensive line. Who would you cover first (biggest threat), who would you double cover consistently? Zone or man to man D? How would you stop Rodgers. Who would you block with who for one on one matchups?

I'm hearing a lot of talk on here about defense and our offense, so..... what would you do with us?

Pray :)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Like I said I will respect the hell out of your QB and your wide receivers. They truly are a special group. But just don't bring up your RBs when talking about weapons or reasons why you guys are 15-1. You know it, I know it, the pundits know it....

I agree...Our running is nothing really special..However, Grant has had some really good gains last month

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You play 2 man press coverage to disrupt the timing of your offense. Jam your receivers at the line. Your offense is based on the slant and outside/sideline routes. You take away the three step drop and force Rodgers to sit in the pocket and try and contain him. With a pass rush with the Giants if you can disrupt the timing you have a chance to stop Rodgers albeit not a great chance because he's that good.

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We do have a running game although we don't implement it nearly as much as other teams might. I would certainly not say we have one of the best RB cores, but they do get us the yardage we need and help the offense function as a unit. I mentioned them as weapons for that point. Certainly the Saints on the basis of Sproles alone has a better RB core than us. But in now way will I undermine the role our RBs play in our offense. They may not be the best, but they get the job done.

Now through Finley, Driver, Jones and Cobb into that mix. The scariest thing about Rodgers is he almost has a telepathic connection to his receivers. I notice this more with Jennings but I've also started noticing it with Nelson. This offense has unbelievable chemistry, very much like our D last year. They are one living, breathing force.
Not debating the chemistry fact, that's what makes them so good. But our defense, as suspect as it may have been over the season is starting to get confidence and that's dangerous. You can say all you want about the quality of the opponents but this confidence is something that can propel a team to levels that they didn't think they could achieve. This little bit of swagger could be what it takes for Williams to step in front of a Rodgers pass and pick it, instead of just missing. You never know, which is the best part. The Golden Rule in the NFL is that defense wins championships. We both know that each offense will put up points, I like our chances because our D has confidence, false or not, it's something that no one other than Woodson or Matthews can say on your defense.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Run Game is below average in terms of the skill of the backs.
The Giants run game is begining to jell mostly do to the patch work o line all year.

Hmmmm.......Sounds familiar....

OO yeah...We had a patch work o line vs you the 1st game and for a few more games as well...But we won those too

Seems like Giants love the excuse of the oline hasnt gelled, but wont give us the same respect

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

OO yeah...We had a patch work o line vs you the 1st game and for a few more games as well...But we won those too

Seems like Giants love the excuse of the oline hasnt gelled, but wont give us the same respect
I think he's talking about why our run game is finally coming together now, basing it on the body of work over the season, not solely the Packers game,

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The difference is we have 2 proven 1000 yard backs whereas James Starks is so far a one hit playoff wonder and I believe you were the one who tried to disprove me about James Starks "rolling" which is ironic. When was the last time Ryan Grant was relevant? Brandon Jacobs although only running for 570 something yards has 7 touchdowns. Ahmad Bradshaw 570 and 9 touchdowns. 16 rushing TDs is pretty good for the "worst run game in the NFL". We can still pound the rock.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not debating the chemistry fact, that's what makes them so good. But our defense, as suspect as it may have been over the season is starting to get confidence and that's dangerous. You can say all you want about the quality of the opponents but this confidence is something that can propel a team to levels that they didn't think they could achieve. This little bit of swagger could be what it takes for Williams to step in front of a Rodgers pass and pick it, instead of just missing. You never know, which is the best part. The Golden Rule in the NFL is that defense wins championships. We both know that each offense will put up points, I like our chances because our D has confidence, false or not, it's something that no one other than Woodson or Matthews can say on your defense.

We have swagger, we have confidence as well....

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree...Our running is nothing really special..However, Grant has had some really good gains last month

Starks has been injured, not using that as an excuse though. He wasn't achieving the same productivity as he did last year long before the injury happened. The Pack just doesn't run the ball as much. West Coast Offense. But still, as I have stated, I refuse to deny the role they play in our offense although it may not be a big one.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
like our chances because our D has confidence, false or not, it's something that no one other than Woodson or Matthews can say on your defense.

Just curious...Not smack..

Beat Atlanta convincingly

Cowboys who had injured q/b, and won

Jets who really were not that good and won

And gave 23 points to the Skins at home and lost..

To me, beating Atlanta would be a confidence boost, rest not really..So where is all the confidence from in your opinion

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts