OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

packsmack4231

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately in football the best team doesn't always win out and move on to the next game in the playoffs. Basketball for sure, hockey usually, and baseball a little less often (due to the luck-based nature of hit locations) are sports where since a SERIES is played, the truly better team moves on 85% (baseball) - 95% (basketball) of the time. Football through a series of flukes can prove unfair and if you lose, that's it. Boom. Season over. Man.

In basketball the packers are down 0-1, and ready to win 4 of 6 to the giants by expelling only moderate effort.

The packers are a far superior team to the g string men, it wasn't hard to see over the large sample size of the regular season. While the giants played well and were at their best this day, it was the flukey fumbles that did the pack in.

For the record, I'm not even a packer fan. I just hate seeing deserving teams go down to pretenders due to flukes and bad luck.

wesdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately in football the best team doesn't always win out and move on to the next game in the playoffs. Basketball for sure, hockey usually, and baseball a little less often (due to the luck-based nature of hit locations) are sports where since a SERIES is played, the truly better team moves on 85% (baseball) - 95% (basketball) of the time. Football through a series of flukes can prove unfair and if you lose, that's it. Boom. Season over. Man.

In basketball the packers are down 0-1, and ready to win 4 of 6 to the giants by expelling only moderate effort.

The packers are a far superior team to the g string men, it wasn't hard to see over the large sample size of the regular season. While the giants played well and were at their best this day, it was the flukey fumbles that did the pack in.

For the record, I'm not even a packer fan. I just hate seeing deserving teams go down to pretenders due to flukes and bad luck.
Those comments shows the dream world you live in! Packers got smoked and they should have lost the first game.

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just getting back to work after a weekend away for a volleyball tournament. Got to watch the game at the hotel and watched it again last night on the DVR.. Some comments

First, congrats to Tom Coughlin. Almost had him buried again this year and he manages to get the team rolling at the right time, on and off the field.

Eli definitely has proven he belongs in the upper tier, with Rodgers, Brees, Brady and his brothers. He may not put up their numbers, but you can keep the records. it's the ring at the end of the year that they all want and he has the heart and desire and ability to get his team there. His leadership goes a long way to his claim to fame. You can keep the guys throwing up 5-6 touchdowns against opponents who are dead by halftime of most games.

Packers came out flat and Giants didn't. Concentration as not there for the pack. Those drops are not physical. They are mental. On a couple of them you could see the receivers eyes looking to where the hit was coming from before they secured the ball.

Giants played the first half with mostly a four man pass rush.. Didn't get to Rodgers and let him get away too many times. After halftime, when they saw they were not getting beat by the receivers, they added a 5th rusher and got more pressure on Arod. Coughlin said at the half that we are going to get more hits and sacks in the second half and they did.

Congrats on a great season packers. 15-1 is nothing to be sneezed at in this league. But I think despite how good their offense is, you don't get tothe end of the road with the worst defense in the league. It may be more of an offensive league now, but defense still earns its keep. The giants D came to play and GBs offense did not.

California here I come

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score

obviously

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just reading back a little from the past few days and seeing the anger about the giants mocking the discount double check. Please.. you make a signature move, which is basically a taunt, although I don't believe in Aarons case it is, you are going to see it come back at you. Cruz will see the salsa dance by the first 49 receiver that scores. I have no problem personally with mini celebrations. The old Redskins smurf dance in the end zone was over the top IMO. Where I have a problem with these things is receivers pointing first down or getting up and just walking 10 yards downfield and staring when their teams are getting killed. That is the ME mentality that has no place in football. Those players deserve to get their bell rung or double cross blocked the next time they touch the ball.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the Texans..Young and hungry team. The Ray Lewis crap just gets old. I don't think Flacco's 150 yard passing games give them a chance against the Pats

I believe the Pats may well fall for the same reason the Pack and Saints have...and the ravens are just Purple and black Browns in another city, so whats not to like? LOL...I like the Ravens and hope the grind it out with a few surprises vs the Pats

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of the fans sold their tickets to Giants fans? Don't you think you're exaggerating a little bit? In reality it was probably a few dozen.

It was like a few thousand based on the sound level. I think everyone forgetting playoffs are regular season home game.
There are tickets available visting team.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just reading back a little from the past few days and seeing the anger about the giants mocking the discount double check. Please.. you make a signature move, which is basically a taunt, although I don't believe in Aarons case it is, you are going to see it come back at you. Cruz will see the salsa dance by the first 49 receiver that scores. I have no problem personally with mini celebrations. The old Redskins smurf dance in the end zone was over the top IMO. Where I have a problem with these things is receivers pointing first down or getting up and just walking 10 yards downfield and staring when their teams are getting killed. That is the ME mentality that has no place in football. Those players deserve to get their bell rung or double cross blocked the next time they touch the ball.

Rodgers stopped doing that how long ago? It's not just that the Giants did it once or twice. Boley did it every time Rodgers was sacked. If Boley and the Giants get their ***es handed to them next year, he deserves every single taunt directed his way.

As for your assessment about the Packers-Giants game. I agree pretty much with what you said. It's kind of hard to believe just how bad the Packers pass defense was.

KCPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You're are spot on in your post. A big misconception about sports is that playoffs determine the best team. Playoffs determine the champion and champion and best team are not the same thing like many people think they are. The Packers were not the best team in the NFL last season but they were the champion. This season they were the best team but someone else will be the champion.

Members online

Latest posts