Official Gameday Thread: Packers vs Giants

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Anybody nervous about this game? My head tells me it shouldn't be very close, but I feel strangely uneasy. It almost seems too easy, and I just hope our boys are ready for any tricks they might have up their sleeves. Hoping I feel better in the morning, watching with a huge group tomorrow including a co-workers who's a Giants fan. She thinks the Giants will be slaughtered.

About this game, no. I expect the Packers to find a way to win. I just hope the Packers do not suffer any more injuries. Helps they are coming off a long week though and the Giants a short week.

Do I have an unsettled feeling about a few other games this weekend? YES! But, I won't get into those here.

I expect the Packers to take care of business as usual. It does seem too easy at times. I hope the offense gets off to a fast start since the Giants offense seems to get off to many slow starts. If the Packers can build a lead and get Eli slinging it a few picks may happen. Giants have not been a good running team either all year.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny the feeling of just expecting to win, I love it.
I am really excited about this game though, as much as the Giants have struggled, it should be a good game :)

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
For the first time this year I am actually nervous about this game. Probably because the Giants seem to end the undefeated 18-0 pats in 07 and 13-0 broncos in 98.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bradshaw will play..

The inactives are in for the Packers.
They are:
  • CB Davon House
  • LB A.J. Hawk
  • LB Desmond Bishop
  • LB Jamari Lattimore
  • OG Josh Sitton
  • LT Chad Clifton
  • TE D.J. Williams
Lineup changes: Robert Francois for Hawk; D.J. Smith for Bishop; Evan Dietrich-Smith for Sitton.
Analysis: No surprises here. About what you would expect given the injuries.

Giants inactives are:
  • WR Mario Manningham
  • DE Osi Umenyiora
  • LB Mark Herzlich
  • OT Stacy Andrews
  • DT Jimmy Kennedy
  • RB Da'Rel Scott
  • C David Bass
Mario, Osi being out is HUGE!!!!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I love when Aaron runs well. *happy sigh*

Thats why he is the most dangerous IMO as a QB. He has too many skills.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Busted coverage. Thanks Giants lol.

Hopefully Aaron is settled down now.....

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um whats so funny? However I knew you would stop by the game thread if the Packers were having issues. It's a weekly thing with you.
huh? i always stop by the game thread every weekend.

The reason i said : "hahaha jules," is because its cute reading your comments about aaron rodgers. I don't understand why you have to get so offensive...

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
huh? i always stop by the game thread every weekend.

The reason i said : "hahaha jules," is because its cute reading your comments about aaron rodgers. I don't understand why you have to get so offensive...

No problem. I just am a bit edgy today.

I do like when Aaron runs though.....I mean when I think he is not in danger of getting smashed.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Damn. Clay is a beast today.

Too bad for that one turnover by Aaron which pretty much gave them a TD. But, hey every QB makes a mistake at times...

Ugh......JPP knocked that away. Tough defensive player.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Too bad for that one turnover by Aaron which pretty much gave them a TD. But, hey every QB makes a mistake at times...

i am not going to lie, if the packers win it today (which i think they will do), they would have evaded a great defensive effort by the giants.

IMO, i don't see packers losing a game if they win today.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i agree

clay is a fking beast

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
i am not going to lie, if the packers win it today (which i think they will do), they would have evaded a great defensive effort by the giants.

IMO, i don't see packers losing a game if they win today.

Yep.This is a huge effort by the Giants today. Getting tight here again. This thing ain't over. Eeek. I don't think the G men will go away sadly. They WANT this game. They need it.

Come on Packers......

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have said it once and i will say it again, the giants are a team that the packers DO NOT want to face in the playoffs..