Official Gameday Thread: Packers vs Giants

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Good evening Packers fans! Good luck this week!

Em
I love this guy. He's persistent though. You know the saying "even a broken clock is right twice a day"?
Poor old Em, after he picks the Raiders, Lions and Bears to beat us, somebody please buy this guy a cheesehat. He'll need it for the Super Bowl run.

Reaction score
I dont know about anyone else, but I am really glad that Drew Brees has taken the spotlight off of Aaron Rodgers this week. It gives Rodgers some room to breath and not worry about the hype.
I don't really mind. He has done exceptional things with the spotlight shining directly on him since the Super Bowl.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Big talk from the Giants this week.....protect Aaron. That is all. I hope the Packers hear this stuff.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/12/giants_perry_fewell_irate_afte.html
And then, the big one on what this team must do to Rodgers.

“More so than discipline, we just have to get after his (butt), okay?” Fewell said. “And if we do that and he scrambles then that’s the price he’s going to have to pay because we’re going to hit him. We’re going to hit him.”

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Big talk from the Giants this week.....protect Aaron. That is all. I hope the Packers hear this stuff.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/12/giants_perry_fewell_irate_afte.html

*Yawn* Perry Fewell is all talk. That's all he does is run his mouth. I have hard time seeing Giants having much more success getting to Rodgers than the Lions did and they won't even have Osi Umenyiora playing.

I'm eager to see what our defense can do. We virtually shut out the Lions offense last week for pretty much the entire game and only allowed some points in garbage time. With the talent we have in the secondary I think we'll be able to force some turnovers like we've always been doing. Eli is far from the most consistent passer in the league and chances are he'll make some bad throws that we'll be able to capitalize on.

Sucks that Bishop won't play, but Hawk not playing is probably not going to affect us and in a way it's probably an improvement. At least DJ Smith can tackle

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then:
Now:
What happened to the set?
It was something really nice and professional looking to something that looks like it was filmed in a warehouse or storage unit.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
*Yawn* Perry Fewell is all talk. That's all he does is run his mouth. I have hard time seeing Giants having much more success getting to Rodgers than the Lions did and they won't even have Osi Umenyiora playing.

I'm eager to see what our defense can do. We virtually shut out the Lions offense last week for pretty much the entire game and only allowed some points in garbage time. With the talent we have in the secondary I think we'll be able to force some turnovers like we've always been doing. Eli is far from the most consistent passer in the league and chances are he'll make some bad throws that we'll be able to capitalize on.

Sucks that Bishop won't play, but Hawk not playing is probably not going to affect us and in a way it's probably an improvement. At least DJ Smith can tackle

Yeah, a lot of Giants fans are not buying it either and can't stand the guy.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Then:

Now:

What happened to the set?
It was something really nice and professional looking to something that looks like it was filmed in a warehouse or storage unit.
Something had to give, he wasn't predicting too well and 'Em has gotta have snappy ties.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of the Giants D-Line..
According to Twitter reports, Michael Strahan is in the Giants facility today to visit his former team to try and give them a pep-talk to get back on track.

Last time he did this, the Giants sacked Cutler 9 times.. lol
IMO all those football talking heads should be or at least appear to be unbiased.
Things like what Michael Strahan allegedly does makes me like Jon Gruden a bit more.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well when he's on the air, he does seem unbiased and I think he's pretty entertaining. He's doing that on his own time.. Mike Ditka on the other hand...

greenNyellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not really concerned about not having hawk and bishop. I really would love to see more of dj smith and francois. I feel like francois helps our passing defense and I'm sick of watching hawk get tackles 10-20 yards from scrimmage when he could have stopped the runner earlier. One thing that concerns be a bit will be the duties of our defender with headset. Hawk does a nice job of getting the play and our defense set.
I still think we win this game easily. 45-17.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I think the Giants will play their best football, but I don't think it's going to be enough to beat us. Depending on how our defense decides to play will determine how close the game is.

I think we take this game 35-23.

But if the Giants don't show up and play, we can easily hang 40 on them

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Iron fence around Rodgers. This is the game he could be injured. Unthinkable.
I agree.... the OL (FB & TE) needs to keep Rodgers upright.
And moreso, Rodgers needs to do what he can to avoid being hit.... he sometimes gets careless back there... witnessed it in person in San Diego..... he's tough yes, but any tackle can roll an ankle, or worse. The only way to prevent it for sure is to not get tackled.

Safety, safety, safety!

WhiteHouseOn3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody nervous about this game? My head tells me it shouldn't be very close, but I feel strangely uneasy. It almost seems too easy, and I just hope our boys are ready for any tricks they might have up their sleeves. Hoping I feel better in the morning, watching with a huge group tomorrow including a co-workers who's a Giants fan. She thinks the Giants will be slaughtered.

Members online

Latest posts