Official Gameday Thread: Packers vs Giants

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will be a test to see how this 2011 Packers team does since this may be the coldest game for them this football season.
I think they will do fine, though.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Top quarterbacks playing against GB Defense

Drew Brees - 0 Interceptions
Phillip Rivers 3 Interceptions
Matthew Stafford 3 Interception
Eli Manning 3-4 Interceptions (Prediction)

D

Dan115

Top quarterbacks playing against GB Defense

Drew Brees - 0 Interceptions
Phillip Rivers 3 Interceptions
Matthew Stafford 3 Interception
Eli Manning 3-4 Interceptions (Prediction)

Bogie, You were correct about the lions being a dirty team.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Isn't this essentially the same Giants D the Packers blew out last year? I also have noticed the Giants seem to struggle more at home then on the road and get out to slow starts in general in most games. If the Packers have a decent lead heading into the 4th quarter the game is over and Eli's magic seems to have dwindled a bit since the Patriots game.

Packers win. They have a long week off while the Giants will be coming off MNF in New Orleans.

I know I say every week the Packers will win but they will and they always do. Until they beat themselves I don't see them getting beaten.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't this essentially the same Giants D the Packers blew out last year? I also have noticed the Giants seem to struggle more at home then on the road and get out to slow starts in general in most games. If the Packers have a decent lead heading into the 4th quarter the game is over and Eli's magic seems to have dwindled a bit since the Patriots game.

Packers win. They have a long week off while the Giants will be coming off MNF in New Orleans.

I know I say every week the Packers will win but they will and they always do. Until they beat themselves I don't see them getting beaten.
i dunno jules... the lions shut down the packers pretty well in the first half. If the lions did not get so many stupid penalties called against them, the game would have been MUCh CLOSER.

Nonetheless, the packers can go 16-0. No doubt about it. They have just as much potential as the 2007 pats did and that colts team that almost went 16-0

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Anyone else happy we made it over one of the toughest patches of the schedule and get a long week to rest our injured. Its going to be a long week till next Sunday, but I think its going to help the team out so much. I've been thinking that the Packers have probably been pressured to study 3 teams in a short amount of time, and now things can begin on their path to normal week long practices.

Really hoping our injured health improved, we are kind of banged up.

Hype

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO this game can either way, the Giants usually play big when it comes to big time opponents.

I'm attending this game....

sad fact though...the last time i attended a Giants game they were hosting an undefeated was back in Dec. 1998 when they hosted the Denver Broncos. the G-men ended up winning that game.

I'm hoping the road team comes out victorious in this affair

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
i dunno jules... the lions shut down the packers pretty well in the first half. If the lions did not get so many stupid penalties called against them, the game would have been MUCh CLOSER.
Nonetheless, the packers can go 16-0. No doubt about it. They have just as much potential as the 2007 pats did and that colts team that almost went 16-0
Agree. But, it's also a division rival thingie at times too. I am not sure I see the Giants shutting down the Pack for almost a half but the Giants are hot and cold to me. The Giants also tend to start slow on offense themselves in many of their games I have watched.
Still seems a while away for this game. Let's see how the Giants D does against the Saints offense.

Loran

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should be a good one. Giants will most likely be playing for their playoff chances. Those extra days off for the Packers will definitely help though.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I think the Pack will win, but you know, I am so NOT stressed for the first time this whole season. I had the Lions game circled as a LOSS since the start of the season, and the fact that the Packers defeated them, and did so with class, is enough for me to sigh relief.

So, here goes:
Packers 31
Giants 27

CM3ismyhomeboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 35 Giants 20

I second. the Giants are a joke at home, the Packers are the best road team in the universe. Been hoping for Aaron's first 5 TD game all year..lets see if he gets it here. the Defense is ready to go on a terror heading into the playoffs and the multiple turnover games aren't stopping anytime soon, especially with silly eli throwing to them

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pack will win this one as well, our d-line will step it up Clay master will have interception,maybe a sack or 2 the 2 best corners in the league will have a hay day,o-line well we know what they can do and special teams again all facets of the team are working well,look how lions were kicking to Cobb they know when he gets the ball lights out at times,when you have all 3 levels playing good football out come is a win,I think that is why pats had so much success,they had a kicker,when they needed 3 points from the 50 or longer,12-0.Our team may not always play like the couch coaches think they should play that meaning me,but they come out on top so cheers to the pack when they whip the giants.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think the Giants are on their usual slump during the season with Coughlin as the coach.

I can't help but think back to when they were 5-0 going into New Orleans in 2009. ALL the media said the Giants would easily win that game, and they were bound for the play offs starting 5-0. The unthinkable happened, the Saints blew them out, as they did many teams that year, and then the Giants finished 8-8 for the year, no playoffs, and they started 5-0 and were 5-5 in just a blink of an eye.

They are in the dome yet again, and so far have lost to San Francisco, thanks to Eli making dumb decisions, and their defense not doing all the right things. They lost to the Eagles despite picking off Vince Young 3 times. How do you lose when you grab 3 interceptions? Also, Eli went from playing like a pro bowler to playing down to a team that is going to depend on the run game to carry them.

Saints will be their 3rd loss in a row, remember they are coming out of the bye week, and they usually play much better after that. Saints blow them out, then I think we will blow them out to snag the #1 seed and division trophy. End of the book for the Giants, they'll get lucky and beat Dallas once, but that's about it.

If the 49ers found a way against that defense, and the Eagles run game couldn't be stopped, you can count on Brees shredding them, and then the Pack who had 400 passing yards on them last year, it can always happen again. It's actually disappointing, cause the Giants look good early on (like in 2009) and then one loss leads to the domino effect.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this game will be a Packers win no matter what, but as someone above pointed out the magnitude of the win all depends on which Eli / Giants show up. Good Eli / Giants the game is a 35-21 victory. Bad Eli / Giants the game is a 49-12 victory.

Archangel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't wait for the game, it's gonna be a good one.
It will more than likely be a defensive game considering the fact that we facing the Giants and they are facing the best turnover team in the NFL. I say the Packers win for 2 reasons, reach are the same reasons they win most games.
Aaron Rodgers and our secondary getting picks. Eli hasn't been a turn over machine like his was last season, but under pressure old habits return. Packers 43- Giants 21.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers can clinch a division title with a Lions loss against the Saints (likely, especially if Suh's suspended), 2 Bears losses against the Raiders and the Chiefs, and a Packers win against the Giants.

Members online

Latest posts