Official Gameday Thread: Packers vs Giants

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Collins is great. He's not just a guy. He's great, and he's a 6-year Packer who knows the system and his teammated.
People around the nation had no idea who he was really... even our fans totally underrated him.

I like Peprah a lot.
But A) he's not half the athlete Nick is. B) he's not as familiar with the team and scheme as Nick is simply from the lack of playing time = experience.

Anyone here remember how good the Colts were that one year when their safety Bob Sanders was healthy? And what difference it made when he was hurt, out, gone.

That might be so, but even the likes of Wood is having difficulty covering, which I'm sure isnt because of the absence of Collins

bhuggins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The d-line is also not getting as much pressure on the QB as they did last year. No matter how good the DB is, he cannot cover a good receiver for an extended time without getting flagged for illegal contact.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The d-line is also not getting as much pressure on the QB as they did last year. No matter how good the DB is, he cannot cover a good receiver for an extended time without getting flagged for illegal contact.

But they didn't have extended time on Sunday. Manning was getting hit early and often. His receivers made it easy for him.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You know. I don't usually root for the Cowboys, but I'm so tired of the Giants fans and coach whining that I'd be tickled pink if the Cowboys gave them a good shellacking. I used to have a degree of respect for the organization. At least one of my friends who is a Giants fan, however, didn't whine. He said the Giants lost to a team that knew how to win. My other friend who is a Giants fan (and a marine surprisingly) whined.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are you sure? Maybe Collins was able to cover Wood's inadequacies.

Oh come on that's ridiculous. Your telling me Woodson got DPOY because Collins possibly is able to cover Wood's inadequacies. This is getting desperate.
I appreciate that Collins is a heck of a safety and him being missing could possibly be having an effect on this defense.
However he cannot hide Wood's, William's, Burnett's, Peprah's and Shields ''inadequacies'' all at the same time
This defense works on an assignment defense. Everyone has to execute there assignment, if everyone does it then it should work therefore I don't see how he could possibly be covering up for everyone else's mistakes all at once.

This defense has gone from 5th overall to 31st over in YPG. I don't believe that is credited to one man being missing on the field, it is too much of a drop.

Even when he played the first 2 games of the season (well 1 and a half) the saints and panthers both put up 400+ yards just passing!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh please. Just think about it, for a second. Woodson did not win DPOY because of his cover skills. He won because he made a lot of impact plays. Interceptions, sacks, and TFLs are why he won. Maybe he was able to jump those routes because Collins had amazing range and great instincts to cover so he could play more recklessly without fear of getting burned.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts