Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Jets - 10/31: WIN 9 - 0

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Congrats guys....I could bring up how those interceptions* were very questionable, especially the 2nd...and that the refs missed holding all day....but instead I'm going to pretend like I didn't mention them.

you guys were the better team today, once again our team just didn't look right coming off a bye weke.

We had terrible playcalling, our O-coordinator looks worse the more time he has to gameplan...he overcomplicates things.

I thought our D is finally returning the the form we are used too, and I still have no idea what the deal with that fake punt was.

Overall, congrats guys, your team deserved to win that horrible game.

Sanchez was mediocre, and our receivers were TERRIBLE.

I am not exaggerating when I say this, Cotchery droppd more passes today than he has in his first 5 years with the Jets. He is usually money.

Santonio also looked off today.

On the Jets side, I blame this loss on the offensive playcalling...but I'm not making excuses.

Your team handed it to the Jets the whole game, albeit they were off, I'm going to give Green Bay credit....and I knew your team was good....but I was very impressed at how they look with so many injuries.

Hopefully Schottenheimer gets his head out of his *** and calls some smart plays...but it could be worse than 5-2 going into Detroit and Cleveland.

Good luck the rest of the season, especially against our AFC East foes
I think all around the receivers in the whole game were crummy.

I still don't understand why Shotty kept calling passes to Cotchery. The guy clearly was having an off day.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anyone cares there is supposed to be an interview/ update with Favre coming up on Fox. Just can't keep his jaw shut can they? He's like the energizer bunny, he keeps going and going.

NYJET624

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think all around the receivers in the whole game were crummy.

I still don't understand why Shotty kept calling passes to Cotchery. The guy clearly was having an off day.

Schotty likes to do what you wouldn't expect, even when it makes no sense.

It usually doesn't work.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do most sincerely repent for originally thinking the Jets were going to shred our secondary. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways. :redface: What a game!

Hey croak it's all love buddy, I will lead you to the light. Lol

jetstream1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
once again the officials made horrible calls that could have changed the game (The int on Keller was a joke) HOWEVER.....if you have to rely on the officials to call a good game because your game plan stunk...your guys had a lot of drops...your QB was off...your off. coordinator made dumb calls....then you deserve to get beat....The GB def is better than I had thought and their coverage was very good...thanks for the hospitality GB fans...congrats

NYJET624

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care how injured the other team is, you're not going to win a game when you fumble the ball, get 2 interceptions...from strips(?), have 6 timely dropped passes, and terrible play calling.

Jets won almost every category statistically except turnovers, penalties, and final score.

those are the ones that matter most...we didn't deserve the win.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
once again the officials made horrible calls that could have changed the game (The int on Keller was a joke) HOWEVER.....if you have to rely on the officials to call a good game because your game plan stunk...your guys had a lot of drops...your QB was off...your off. coordinator made dumb calls....then you deserve to get beat....The GB def is better than I had thought and their coverage was very good...thanks for the hospitality GB fans...congrats

thanks for the compliments, still a nail biter, came down to execution of SPECIAL TEAMS & DEFENSE...didn't expect us to beat the JETS in those categories...great game, you guys gotta lot to look forward to like Detroit & Cleveland...

I betcha the PACK is partying it up somewhere in NYC, man I wish I could go hang with them

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so proud of my team today. The defense was unbelievable. Tramon Williams looks like an All-Pro corner. Clay Matthews is relentless. Howard Green looks like just what the defense needed, a healthy, gigantic defensive lineman. Charlie Peprah was bringing the wood and jarring balls loose. AJ Hawk looked great today.

There were no letdowns or miscues. The Packers had no costly penalties. McCarthy actually won challenges and called the right plays.

I believe this game sealed the division for the Packers. I couldn't be happier on a Sunday.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so proud of my team today. The defense was unbelievable. Tramon Williams looks like an All-Pro corner. Clay Matthews is relentless. Howard Green looks like just what the defense needed, a healthy, gigantic defensive lineman. Charlie Peprah was bringing the wood and jarring balls loose. AJ Hawk looked great today.

There were no letdowns or miscues. The Packers had no costly penalties. McCarthy actually won challenges and called the right plays.

I believe this game sealed the division for the Packers. I couldn't be happier on a Sunday.

You and me both...the game ended almost 5 hours ago and I'm still excited about it...what a victory...what an EFFORT...you see guys, we can win without trading for RB's...but I will take an experienced DEFENSIVE LINEMAN that can contribute day 1...how bad is Lynch right now...pretty bad

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do most sincerely repent for originally thinking the Jets were going to shred our secondary. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways. :redface: What a game!
Welcome to the Green side of the force my friend!

Yeah, I told you not to worry. Last year I def drank the cool aid with our D. But this year I tried my best to analyze things fairly, and I just saw a much more committed team.

You can definitely see that pass rush and coverage against spread and bunch looks were BIG, BIG emphasis during the offseason.

And it is paying off.

Too bad our O is nowhere to be found. But like I said, the Packers have NEVER played a full game under MM. This time, D and ST were off charts, but the O was awful...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's wonderful to come in here and find a bunch of happy Pack fans!!! We have a lot to be happy about right now, I think our season is turning around and it's only going to get better! Happy tails to you!!! We are all purring again! :happy0005:

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You and me both...the game ended almost 5 hours ago and I'm still excited about it...what a victory...what an EFFORT...you see guys, we can win without trading for RB's...but I will take an experienced DEFENSIVE LINEMAN that can contribute day 1...how bad is Lynch right now...pretty bad

I would have liked to have added a RB, but the TEAM looked so good today I just want everyone to say healthy. The effort and intensity was off the charts.

HUGE WIN!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's wonderful to come in here and find a bunch of happy Pack fans!!! We have a lot to be happy about right now, I think our season is turning around and it's only going to get better! Happy tails to you!!! We are all purring again! :happy0005:

I love the signature: "Reports of our demise have been greatly exaggerated."

:Bananas2::Bananas:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The Ref's gift wrapped two ints for us. But, after the way the Packers got hosed against the Vikes in 09, we deserve about 20 more of those.

I'll go ahead and say Lombardi would be pleased to see this team claw it's way back from so many injuries and two close OT game losses. They didn't quit as a team and I think they have finally become a team on D at least. It's like the D has finally sync'd up. They are playing with a lot of heart out there.

We got a lot of work left to do. But, man, I'm so proud of our team right now. They have heart. Unlike the Cowboys who after losing to the bears just sat down and cried and gave up the season.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lynch - 9 carries for 7 yards today. Somewhere Ted is smiling.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch - 9 carries for 7 yards today. Somewhere Ted is smiling.

This is the last I'm saying on the Lynch subject...

Are we really going to evaluate the guy game-by-game by the box score? He was crucial in the win over Chicago and played well against Zona.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was at the game. amazing experience for my first packers game. I was the only Packer fan within 6 rows down and up in my section.

After cheering the D stopping the Jets first drive i heard two drunk kids right behind me talking about how they wanted to smack me. lol. Later on i turned around and joked around with them a little bit and the "wanting to hit him" comments stopped after that. They turned out to be pretty cool though.

Favorite plays. Woodson's INT, it seemed to me the place was all quiet trying to figure out wtf happened when i jumped up screaming my head off. plus i received a "wtf" look from a guy a couple rows down, i just put my hands out and was all like whatup? lol. Matthews sack was awesome to celebrate as the majority of fans just went F*** realizing that they just pretty much lost. all three times the Packers stopped them on 4th down, including the fake punt.

and obviously just watching Jets fans leave with still 4 minutes left in the game, admitting defeat.

and there was nothing like being there with almost no Jet fans remaining and being able to freely chant "Go! Pack! Go" without any Jet fan being able to say anything. oh and i also loved how every time "fireman Ed" came on the screen there were 3 or 4 Packer fans right behind him holding up Packer logos and pointing at them. Awesome.

Overall, it was an awesome time and i loved every minute of it. No one really gave me any **** and there were a good amount of Packer fans in attendance. extremely happy they pulled out a win, and extremely impressed with the defensive performance. i am officially pumped up for the rest of this season

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I'm glad you had such a great time at the game!!! I can't wait to see it!

I forgot to check the Packers site to see who won the tix to the game today....So happy it ended so nicely for you!

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gift ints?? I dont think so. With the rules today isnt it obvious you have to maintain control of the ball even after hitting the ground. look at it like this if we ripped to ball out of there hands and the ball hit the ground would it have been a fumble or a incomplete pass? It would have been incomplete because they didnt maintain control of the ball after hitting the ground.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't care how injured the other team is, you're not going to win a game when you fumble the ball, get 2 interceptions...from strips(?), have 6 timely dropped passes, and terrible play calling.

Jets won almost every category statistically except turnovers, penalties, and final score.

those are the ones that matter most...we didn't deserve the win.

Au contraire (gosh I'm so happy, I'm speaking French) there are other things that count. like...mmmm, FIELD POSITION! Props to our punter.

Till we meet again...I would be thrilled with a SB rematch. Of course I say that to all AFC teams.LOL

:paladin: *smile has no significance, just like the way the dude handles the sword*

NYJET624

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^ I was very impressed by the GB punter...he was money.

Our punter was a decathlete in college....needed a few more inches on that fake.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I heard it on the radio and I am believing it, this week's headlines will include "The Pack is Back!" The game versus the Vikings, it was a tooth and nail battle, sure their controversial calls, then this week's game proved the Packers can do it. They were bit with a nasty case of injuries as we all hate, and yet they still won a game, when I saw the schedule, figured it was a 50/50 shot, and we friggin shut the Jets out. A team that praises itself about their defense, got creamed by ours. Now yeah, our offense wasn't on fire today, nor would I want them to be. Not for this game, hell I think it was for the better of D was on the field more, they needed the practice. The fact that our team didn't do much offensively especially with no touchdowns, just leaves me hoping that we destroy the Cowboys on offense, and our defense intercepts Kitna so many times, they throw in their 3rd sting QB. If we can go into the Bye with a 6-3 record, and I don't see why we can't have a season like last year BUT BETTER! The only thing I am worried about is that we don't see Tampa Bay in the playoffs.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard it on the radio and I am believing it, this week's headlines will include "The Pack is Back!" The game versus the Vikings, it was a tooth and nail battle, sure their controversial calls, then this week's game proved the Packers can do it. They were bit with a nasty case of injuries as we all hate, and yet they still won a game, when I saw the schedule, figured it was a 50/50 shot, and we friggin shut the Jets out. A team that praises itself about their defense, got creamed by ours. Now yeah, our offense wasn't on fire today, nor would I want them to be. Not for this game, hell I think it was for the better of D was on the field more, they needed the practice. The fact that our team didn't do much offensively especially with no touchdowns, just leaves me hoping that we destroy the Cowboys on offense, and our defense intercepts Kitna so many times, they throw in their 3rd sting QB. If we can go into the Bye with a 6-3 record, and I don't see why we can't have a season like last year BUT BETTER! The only thing I am worried about is that we don't see Tampa Bay in the playoffs.
Tampa? I guess running qbs kinda scare me too. The giants are looking good. The saints also worry me. If we can show a offense I wouldnt be to worried about any of them.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^ I was very impressed by the GB punter...he was money.

Our punter was a decathlete in college....needed a few more inches on that fake.
Noone was more impressed by our Punter than us.
He had NEVER performed like this. In fact, he was nothing short of terrible a couple weeks ago. Then against the queens he was better, and today he was amazing.

After having the worst punter of all time (Derrick Frost) and the worst punter in the league (Kapinos), it's a HUGE thing for us. The entire ST unit is, actually.

Our ST has been the laughing stock of the NFL for far too long...

Members online

Latest posts