Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Jets - 10/31: WIN 9 - 0

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Tampa Bay seems to be the Packers kryptonite. Yes the Giants and Saints may be looking good, but Tampa Bay is the only team I am afraid of seeing in the playoffs against the Pack. That is unless the Pack gets killed on December 26th by the Giants, then I may see things differently.

But yeah our special teams did good. They only allowed one decent run. I hope this is a new trend for the Pack.

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we played a phenomenal game today, our Defense showed that its playoff worthy and that it can hold out against really good offenses. Field position was definitely the key in this crucial win, the only other thing that I could ask for is that we can find a way to put it in the end zone. I know its tough cus the Jets D is so ******** sturdy, but in the end we did what we had to do and got our FG's when we needed them. Truly I think that we're back and looking for blood...that game last week was the turnaround point and this week's game proved it...I think we can walk all over Dallas but I dont think we can afford to overlook them as if they dont have any talent.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
once again the officials made horrible calls that could have changed the game (The int on Keller was a joke) HOWEVER.....if you have to rely on the officials to call a good game because your game plan stunk...your guys had a lot of drops...your QB was off...your off. coordinator made dumb calls....then you deserve to get beat....The GB def is better than I had thought and their coverage was very good...thanks for the hospitality GB fans...congrats

To all the Jets fans, every single one of you who posted here this past week: Best wishes to your team and I think your future this season is still very bright.

I personally think that the officials were extra nice to the Packers during this game (except for that strange non-call on the def PI when "Rodgers was out of the pocket"), and it certainly helped keep that zero on the scoreboard. However, as one of you guys already posted, teams need to play well enough to overcome a few questionable calls. Also, the Packers have been on the short end all season long, and it was nice this week and last to get a few bounces going our way. Guess it all evens out.

Lastly, kudos to the Jets fans on this board for rooting for their beloved team while being respectful as guests on a Packers board. Hopefully, fans from our other competitors learn from you all.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let me give you an example how important field position is. The more I think about it, I believe it should be part of the box score. Follow this: Each team had 13 possession. Now suppose the Jets started on their 20 yard line each time, and the Packers started on the forty yard line. The jets would need 20 yards in offense just to be even with us. Know suppose this what happened on each teams possession. We would have a built in yardage advantage 260 yards that the jets would need to gain just to be on equal footing. That's what a good punter and kickoff returns/coverage and punt returns /coverage can do to win games.

Now looking at the box score. it says the Jets out gained us 360 yds to GB's 237 yds. Looks like they pushed us around. BUT, I did a calculation on the difference of each teams starting position GB had a 190 yard advantage..which should be added to our 237 yards gained. So our offensive gain is actually 427 yards to their 360. WE should have kicked, but we still have trouble with 3rd down conversions which kills drives (14%)!!!!!!

jetsknicks1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Ref's gift wrapped two ints for us. But, after the way the Packers got hosed against the Vikes in 09, we deserve about 20 more of those.

I'll go ahead and say Lombardi would be pleased to see this team claw it's way back from so many injuries and two close OT game losses. They didn't quit as a team and I think they have finally become a team on D at least. It's like the D has finally sync'd up. They are playing with a lot of heart out there.

We got a lot of work left to do. But, man, I'm so proud of our team right now. They have heart. Unlike the Cowboys who after losing to the bears just sat down and cried and gave up the season.

You're right about the 2 picks, especially the second one. But no excuses. Your secondary played extremely well and your DL stuffed our run game. You guys deserved the win. Good luck the rest of the way and crush the Pats for us!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not overshadow the fumble strip by Zombo and recovery by Tramon Williams against Brad Smith's Wildcat play!....another big TURNOVER!!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the wildcat formation play. I half expected Sanchez to execute the flea flicker next play and fumble it. I rate these two plays as my top two silliest offensive plays. The flea flicker I actually find humorous. I love it when they run that although it's not common anymore. I love seeing that ball get thrown up backwards, it makes me giggle! Play sounds like somebody is flicking fleas. It's a risky play with a high probability in generating a turnover. But it looks brilliant when it works and confuses the D! Lets run the flea flicker against Dallas, LOL!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Finally got to see the highlights!!! Now for the NFL replay... tick tock!

Loved Clay's sack!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally got to see the highlights!!! Now for the NFL replay... tick tock!

Loved Clay's sack!

You reminded me of something I was thinking about yesterday! I have a touchdown dance I do every time the Pack scores a TD. Nothing fancy, just a little dance to honor our offense. The D's brilliance made me think they need a sack dance to honor them each time they get a sack. When Clay gets one I'm going to do the Predator pose to honor him. I think we should all do this! Wouldn't it be awesome to think of Packer fans everywhere assuming the Predator pose every time CM3 gets a sack? Lets do it!!! You can think up your own TD dance and sack dance for the rest of the D, but this looks like fun!!! We should start practicing for next week! :happy0005:

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You reminded me of something I was thinking about yesterday! I have a touchdown dance I do every time the Pack scores a TD. Nothing fancy, just a little dance to honor our offense. The D's brilliance made me think they need a sack dance to honor them each time they get a sack. When Clay gets one I'm going to do the Predator pose to honor him. I think we should all do this! Wouldn't it be awesome to think of Packer fans everywhere assuming the Predator pose every time CM3 gets a sack? Lets do it!!! You can think up your own TD dance and sack dance for the rest of the D, but this looks like fun!!! We should start practicing for next week! :happy0005:
I actually do the Clay thing too, I cut it short with just the double BICEP POSE...but since I only have 2 hands I will display the Single Bicep POSE...don't be scared LOL
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

HA CM3 got nothing on these pipes!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I was up off couch, pacing last 5 or 6 mins..Right before Clays sack As I saw him lined up I looked to wife I said..

Clay pin your lovely hair back and sack this MF right now

And he did..

I then imitated his celebration, wife left the room

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I'm up for it!!! Although won't be posting any pic's anytime soon! lol!
:bb: P90x didn't work for me!! hehehee

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was up off couch, pacing last 5 or 6 mins..Right before Clays sack As I saw him lined up I looked to wife I said..

Clay pin your lovely hair back and sack this MF right now

And he did..

I then imitated his celebration, wife left the room

I did it yesterday too. I was waiting for Clay to get a hold of that boy, I knew it was coming. When it did, I ran over to the TV and imitated the Predator pose. My Aunt asked me if I had a screw loose in my head. Then I calmly strolled back over to my computer and resumed chatting and celebrating with my Packer peeps.

It just makes me wonder how many Packer fans did the same thing, LOL!

Longtime, should we start or move these to a new thread? It's kind of off topic.... sorries....

jakeslaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did it yesterday too. I was waiting for Clay to get a hold of that boy, I knew it was coming. When it did, I ran over to the TV and imitated the Predator pose. My Aunt asked me if I had a screw loose in my head. Then I calmly strolled back over to my computer and resumed chatting and celebrating with my Packer peeps.

It just makes me wonder how many Packer fans did the same thing, LOL!

Longtime, should we start or move these to a new thread? It's kind of off topic.... sorries....

Lmao i did the same thing my roommate and girlfriend thought i lost it. Priceless....... hope to do it 10 or so more times this year.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man on the jest last offensive play I thought clay was going to do the samething to sanchez as he did to kolb it was like a scary movie but sanchez threw that ball

Members online

Latest posts