not sold on this team

H

HardRightEdge

You are right, and that is what happened in the playoffs against these guys.
Their DL killed us.
Their WRs killed us.
And we couldn't tackle.

Tonight was the exact same.

We are a finesse team, a pass-only precision passing offense. The world knows this.
We don't like slug-it out football, in the trench warfare, etc.

Even the 2010 title run.... we were great in the 2 dome games.
We barely survived, ugly, in the 2 outdoor, cold weather games.

I don't know if Dom Capers soft, golly aw shucks persona rubs off on the defense. I would hope Kevin Greene's fire runs off.... the OLBs seem like the strength of the defense.... well when Clay and Perry were there with Moses and Walden as #3 & #4......

I know one thing for sure:
The Giants DL loves to see our OL across from them, and Victor Cruz & Hakeem Nicks welcome facing our DBs anytime, even if they were slumping coming in...... you can debate WHY, but you can't deny it.

I guess what you're saying is we smellfed up the ball yard.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess what you're saying is we smellfed up the ball yard.
Yep.
And that I want to let someone else play the Giants first in the playoffs because they like playing us, our defense is worthless against them.
They light us up for 30+ every time, minimum. Last year both times.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Even with the five game win streak i was never sold on this team. Tonights **** poor display on defense, offense, blocking, and being out coached just made me sick. I think Collinsworth said that the lack of protection ffor Rodgers will be the downfall of this team once again..hes absolutely correct.

Doesnt matter how many "weapons" You have on offense if you cant block ppl it doest. Matter. So disgusted with the coaching and lack of toughness this team displayed tonight was very dis heartening. Exposed once again against a good front four.
every team in the NFL seems to set records or mildstones against us ****** me off the we are a record book for teams..

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Dont forget we also had 9 players inactive. Including Shields, Matthews, Benson, Woodson, Quarless, etc. and now we have to adjust for Bulaga being out for the season.

Please. Give it time.
the way we played tonight, sorry did not play tonight,even with them we still have a lack of talent in the O'line D'line and coaching....

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I'm still rooting for the Pack, but they have little to no chance at the Super Bowl (or getting by the NFC top teams) this year. I will enjoy the positive accomplishments they achieve and hope they can make constructive improvements to their roster in this season's last remaining weeks and look forward to next season to see if MM makes the tough choice by purging Campen. I would think footage from this season provides plenty of evidence of that units poor performance.
I think we can win the division but with what we have now playoffs are one and done.....

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we can win the division but with what we have now playoffs are one and done.....

I actually wouldn't focus as much on winning the division as crazy as that sounds. It's going to come down to the last game anyway and there is so much that is beyond our control. I would worry about things we can control, such as taking it game by game and finding ways to overcome or adapt to our O-Line issues because if don't do at least that winning the division isn't going to matter.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the OP.

We could have amazing Weapons of Offence but if we cant Block for the most important man the team we will lose every time.

I dont expect the D to carry a game at all or if ever. I just expect the D to do its Job not carry the team which it cant under capers.
No one was complaining during the winning streak. What short memories folks have here.
By the way, Bret B. is far from the worst Badger football coach. Do you remember Don Morton? Close to half of the season ticket holders turned them in when he was coach. You could buy a 40 yard line seat for pennies on the dollar.
The Badgers were like Indiana is now for 3 decades. If they had a seven win season they were partying up and down State Street. We're all, apparently, spoiled by success.
Same is true with the Packers. The Packers have had two, count 'em, two starting QB's for 20 years. We've won two Super Bowls and are among the top 3 winningest teams since 1990.
You can't win all the time, every year. But you can compete and both Wisconsin and Green Bay are players among the top teams.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the Pack just as much as anyone else but this team is way to finese for me...the o-line has been poor for several years now and MM has not adressed the fact that #12 has to basically try towin every game with his arm so why not design some plays that get the ball out quicker? this isn't coaching it's just common sense. Our line has been the achilles heel for this team and the "blueprint" is rush four drop everyone else into coverage.

Blow the entire line up and draft guy's who can actually block sombody because we will only go as far as Rodgers and the wr's take us...that is a TRUE statement.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I love the Pack just as much as anyone else but this team is way to finese for me...the o-line has been poor for several years now and MM has not adressed the fact that #12 has to basically try towin every game with his arm so why not design some plays that get the ball out quicker? this isn't coaching it's just common sense. Our line has been the achilles heel for this team and the "blueprint" is rush four drop everyone else into coverage.

Blow the entire line up and draft guy's who can actually block sombody because we will only go as far as Rodgers and the wr's take us...that is a TRUE statement.

OL been bad for YEARS? Even winning the SB?

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is soft. From top to bottom. This team is a finesse team, on offense and defense. The head coach and his playcalling are finesse as well. The o line just gets pushed around so easily. The defense only wants to get interceptions. I am so tired of seeing the db' s peeking into the backfield. The only guy that is showing me he can play corners is heyward. That guy plays with good technique. The d line barely gets any push, the tackling sucks. Hawk can't get off of blocks. It just bugs me so see the 49ers defense look so good and be so physically dominating. I want that for my team. Im tired of seeing crap playcalling, I'm tired of seeing a soft, finesse defense. Something needs to change.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
lol come on man...the o-line was bad that year to you know that. The defense carried the team that year and Rodgers went crazy in the playoffs.

Yes the D did carry them, but that ol wasnt as bad as you think

allowed 38 sacks- good enough to be tied for 8th place

We have 37 NOW

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's remember that Clifton had a resurgence mid-way through the 2010 season and was phenomenal down the stretch - earning Pro Bowl honors. Sitton and Wells especially had good seasons and Spitz and Colledge were the two meatballs. That line was definitely better than what we have now. If Sitton, Saturday, and Newhouse were playing up to snuff, the other holes (Bulaga's injury) would be manageable

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is soft. From top to bottom. This team is a finesse team, on offense and defense. The head coach and his playcalling are finesse as well. The o line just gets pushed around so easily. The defense only wants to get interceptions. I am so tired of seeing the db' s peeking into the backfield. The only guy that is showing me he can play corners is heyward. That guy plays with good technique. The d line barely gets any push, the tackling sucks. Hawk can't get off of blocks. It just bugs me so see the 49ers defense look so good and be so physically dominating. I want that for my team. Im tired of seeing crap playcalling, I'm tired of seeing a soft, finesse defense. Something needs to change.

Agree 100%. MM has a sports car yet he treats it like a luxury car in comparison to how he calls his plays. Always predictable and conservative on his play calling. He got completely outcoached by Pery fewell yesterday and had no answer on how to even make anything happen on the offensive side of the ball. Capers had no clue on how to slow down the Giants offense either and got outcoached as well. Pathetic showing all the way around.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Even with the five game win streak i was never sold on this team. Tonights **** poor display on defense, offense, blocking, and being out coached just made me sick. I think Collinsworth said that the lack of protection ffor Rodgers will be the downfall of this team once again..hes absolutely correct.

Doesnt matter how many "weapons" You have on offense if you cant block ppl it doest. Matter. So disgusted with the coaching and lack of toughness this team displayed tonight was very dis heartening. Exposed once again against a good front four.

How fuking dare you criticize or question this motherfuking team with negativity, you pompous *****. Do you realize how many teams wish they could say they won a superbowl 2 years ago? Do you realize how many other teams wish they had a winning record?

This forum is only for blissful, oblivious superfans with homer goggles.

Seriously? Criticizing this team and wanting them to play better? You know you sound really selfish right now.

:rolleyes:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How fuking dare you criticize or question this motherfuking team with negativity, you pompous *****. Do you realize how many teams wish they could say they won a superbowl 2 years ago? Do you realize how many other teams wish they had a winning record?

This forum is only for blissful, oblivious superfans with homer goggles.

Seriously? Criticizing this team and wanting them to play better? You know you sound really selfish right now.

:rolleyes:

He waited till it was over...

He didnt bash them 2 minutes in

;)

Little bit of a difference

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People are a little quick to hop off the bandwagon. While I'm not totally blinded by my green-and-gold glasses, I also think we caught the G-Men at the worst time: coming off a bye, after an abysmal stretch of games (including Eli not throwing a TD in three straight games), with a point to prove to all the critics and haters. People were questioning whether they'd even win the division with Washington's resurgence. Basically, it was just like our Houston game for them.

With that being said, they did expose our biggest weakness - our O-line. Bulaga's injury crippled the line. Lang was developing into our best guard (according to McGinn's article yesterday) and Bulaga was probably our best linemen.

But, I still think this team is a championship-caliber team. The Super Bowl team won it b/c Rodgers got ridiculously hot and the defense was very good. Both can happen this season. Our defense, especially in the secondary, had really been coming together well - until last night. The combo of Williams, House, and Hayward have proven to be very solid and capable starters. The safeties had shored up their play. And once Shields and Woodson come back, it should only get better. As far as the rest of the defense, once Clay gets back, it changes things dramatically. Walden and Moses can apply pressure opposite Clay. IMO, once we get healthy on the defensive side, it has the capability of really becoming a good defense.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
People are a little quick to hop off the bandwagon. While I'm not totally blinded by my green-and-gold glasses, I also think we caught the G-Men at the worst time: coming off a bye, after an abysmal stretch of games (including Eli not throwing a TD in three straight games), with a point to prove to all the critics and haters. People were questioning whether they'd even win the division with Washington's resurgence. Basically, it was just like our Houston game for them.
They had a PO meeting, they have a nasty habit of showing up for marquee games plus they wanted to overcome the stereotype that they struggle at home and they struggle midseason. The timing for this game was about as bad as when we played Indy.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

With that being said, they did expose our biggest weakness - our O-line. Bulaga's injury crippled the line. Lang was developing into our best guard (according to McGinn's article yesterday) and Bulaga was probably our best linemen.

But, I still think this team is a championship-caliber team. The Super Bowl team won it b/c Rodgers got ridiculously hot and the defense was very good. Both can happen this season. Our defense, especially in the secondary, had really been coming together well - until last night. The combo of Williams, House, and Hayward have proven to be very solid and capable starters. The safeties had shored up their play. And once Shields and Woodson come back, it should only get better. As far as the rest of the defense, once Clay gets back, it changes things dramatically. Walden and Moses can apply pressure opposite Clay. IMO, once we get healthy on the defensive side, it has the capability of really becoming a good defense.

This hits on pretty much all the points I wanted to make after reflecting on the loss.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score

Well Rodell let's take a look at your TRUE statement. Given there are 7 rounds you could replace your entire offensive line. So at this point please give your assessment of the OL in this years draft that would replace this one. You know, the ones who will block.
As for designing plays that get the ball out quicker: Don't you think coaches think about this all the darned time? Do you think they just "think up" plays and they work?
Your "common sense" seems to be lacking one vital element: Common sense.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Your going to get games like this... Most teams do..

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What did we say in 2010 after the loss to the Lions? How many people were sold on that team at that time? I understand there are differences between those two teams but there are also a lot of similarities. Our biggest competition will be the Giants lets not even look at the division right now. By the time that happens we will be a stronger healthier team in spite of this loss.
+1

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I had this game as a loss before the season even started. So, no surprise to me.

I just wish we would have given the G-men a bit more resistance. Getting spanked is never fun.

I place most of the blame on the coach. Buck stops with him. Sure, Newhouse couldn't block a girl scout from selling cookies, but who didn't know this? Should we blame a guy who simply doesn't have the talent to truly be a stout LT in the NFL? No. He is a backup RT at best. Everyone knows this! Look on wikipedia under "backup RT" and Newhouse's photo is there!

So, then, why o' who does McCarthy design any plays where Newhouse is left alone to secure Rodger's blind side against a team like the Giants? Ok, maybe give it a chance... But, after the first couple of pressures, or after the first sack... maybe change course? Didn't happen, as far as I could see.

Reaction score
I agree with the OP.

We could have amazing Weapons of Offence but if we cant Block for the most important man the team we will lose every time.

I dont expect the D to carry a game at all or if ever. I just expect the D to do its Job not carry the team which it cant under capers.

2010 - D won us several games when the offense were busy going 3 & out nearly every drive...
2012 - D kept us in that Seattle game - Kept our lead against the Cardinals/Jags when our offense weren't clicking... Dom is good, he's just working with either rookies or crap like Walden, give him some more players to work with (like Matthews), we saw how good his D can be in 2010, just a matter of it clicking together. (let's say our 4 starting linebackers don't all wind up injured for example).

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You mad bro? this is my opinion, this is the reality of this team. They show flashes of greatness but when they run into a team on their level this is what happens. Thats got nothing to do with jumping ship at alll...thatls truth.. truth hurts apparently.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with 4 of our top 5 players being on the sidelines (Matthews, Woodson, Raji, Jennings). Benson is top 10 as well.

Latest posts